“Knights Templar Historical Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cooltour Lisbon

Small-Group Tour: Knights Templar Historical Tour from Lisbon
Ranked #28 of 465 Tours in Lisbon
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Cooltour Lisbon is a young and dynamic tour company with one main purpose: to show the real Portugal in a genuine and passionate way. Our core business is unique 9 seat van tours but we also organize cultural tours, outdoor activities and all kind of teambuilding events for companies. Our approach to culture is always complemented with recreational and funny relaxed moments, with a very genuine and innovating touch. We have a team of extraordinary tour guides, with constant concern for client welfare and their experience during the tour. We speak eight languages (Portuguese, English, Spanish, French, Romanian, German, Italian and Flemish) as we don't want to miss anything of what we have to tell. We pick our clients up at the hotel free of charge and our vans are modern with maximum comfort and safety. Inside the minivans we offer free WIFI. We want to give the best treatment possible to our customers, either you're travelling in family or a business traveler seeking an exclusive high-quality tour in sailboat and light aircraft. We invite everyone to know and discover everything Portugal has to offer. We guarantee the unraveling of all the imaginary around the Portuguese Heritage, from Palaces and Castles to unique Gastronomy and Hospitality,Rivers, Valleys and Beaches, an endless number of natural parks and mountains, all with the same denominator: the beauty and charm that surrounds Portugal. Portugal and more specifically Lisbon, is a mandatory European destination, that won the prize for Europe's Leading City Break Destination in 2009 and 2010. In recent years Lisbon hits several top-10 ranking for the most beautiful cities and unmissable destinations worldwide.So what are you waiting for? Come and ride with us, definitely the Coolest tours in Portugal!
Asheville, North Carolina
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Knights Templar Historical Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

My husband and I had the pleasure of taking a Cool Tour of the Templar Knights...it was amazing. Our guide Edgar and Yoni were wonderful-so informative , knowledgeable, polite and very passionate about what they do. Christ Convent is extraordinary......as was was the other places we visited ....I would highly recommend this tour. On our first stop at Tomar, the river had flooded earlier so we were unable to take the boat crossing to the castle, and it was evident that this bothered Edgar greatly but he made it for it with his knowledge and history of the area. If we had known what a great company Cool Tours was to begin with, we would have booked all of our tours with them. Kind regards to Edgar and Yoni ....thank you for making our trip to Portugal so memorable. Suzette and Mike, North Carolina, USA

Visited February 2014
Cooltour_lx, Public Relations Manager at Cooltour Lisbon, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Dear Suzette & Mike,

Thank you so much for touring with us! We apologize again with the boat situation, (even though due to weather conditions), since it's an important part of the Templars Tour and a very beautiful ride. Anyway we hope you returned home with great insight about Portugal and our history but specially with good feelings and memories about our country! We surely would like to see you again for more CoolTours!

• Greek first
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sintra and Fatima tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

My daughter and I had the pleasure off taking a cool tour to the wonderful Sintra...it was amazing . Our guide Edgar was delightful, so informative , knowledgeable, polite and very much passionate about what he does without the false excitement that we received with so many other tours.
Pena palace is extraordinary......as was was the Quinta de regalia ....I would highly recommend this tour. We enjoyed our day so much as it was small, and informal...no huge buses.....and microphones tour guides....the way to go....we loved it so much we organised another day tour to Fatima .......congratulations cool tours......and kindest regards to Edgar ....thank you for making our trip to Portugal so memorable. Leonie and Lucy Rose, Australia.

Visited January 2014
Hi Leonie & Lucy,

Thank you so much for you kind words! We sure had a great time showing you Sintra, such a magical place, Pena Palace and Regaleira included! We want our clients to experience our tours in a relaxed, slow paced and genuine way. And when we have passionate guides everything is much better! we hope you'll be able to return soon, since we have so much to show you and we are also in Porto (Best European Destination 2014) with tours in the North region! Come back soon!

London, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Magical trip to Sintra”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

Went for a day trip to Sintra & Cascias. Madelena was a great host and was very friendly and knowledgeable. The tour was fantastic with just two other people sharing the car. Madelena recommended typical Portuguese cusisine to eat which was great and she got us traditional sweets from the local village which are famous and super tasty. Over all, a fantastic trip and a must visit place in Portugal.

Visited February 2014
Cooltour_lx, Public Relations Manager at Cooltour Lisbon, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Hello!

Thank you very much for your kind words! We're glad to know you enjoyed our Sintra Tour! Definitely a Garden of Eden, magical and inspiring village for sure. Hope you return soon for more Cooltours!

California
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 91 helpful votes
“Great Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

I took the Fado music with dinner and evening tour with them. Cooltour Lx stood out in 3 ways. First, they picked me up at my hotel directly, the other guys made me walk to another major hotel which was a hassle. Second, when they said 8:00 pm, they were there at 8:00 pm sharp. Finally, and most importantly, they had an awesome tour guide in Mihaela. She was very knowledgeable and very enthusiastic about showing me the best of Lisbon. Many times, tour guides get bored and aren't very enthusiastic when they show the same thing day in day out. I really appreciated how moving Fado music was by watching her facial reactions to the songs. I had to pay a little extra because I was the only person on the tour but it was worth every penny.

I took 3 different tours in Portugal, only one of them unfortunately was with Cooltour Lx. I had booked the tours before I got to Lisbon and could not re-book things. If you are tired of the big tour outfits that give you advice that sends you to standard tourist places or recommend tourist populated restaurants, then use these guys. If I were in Lisbon again, I would sign up with them immediately and hopefully get Mihaela as my tour guide again.

Hi!

We surely appreciate your kind words, reviews like these makes us proud and give us motivation to raise the level every day. We would like to have you on board on many other tours too. Hope you returned home with a small taste of Lusitanian Soul that lives in Fado music. Mihaela will await your return soon for another Cooltour!

Virginia Beach, Virginia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Excellent tour company”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

My daughter and I went on a Cooltour LX trip from Lisbon to Sintra (Portugal) in mid -Dec. 2013. We were referred by our hotel and also read about it in the brochure. I did no research ahead of time. It was an outstanding trip and a fabulous value! We went in a small mini-van and there were only a total of 5 of us..including the driver! Our driver was Edgar and he was very knowledgeable and full of interesting info. We also ate lunch with him in Sintra as he knew of a small place to eat that was not part of the main tourist strip of restaurants. My only regret is that I didn't have more time in Portugal to go on the other trips offered by this company. It was wonderful to be on a small tour instead of a giant bus. There was no bathroom on the bus since it was a small minivan...but there were opportunities to use the bathroom at the places we stopped to visit. It was delightful to get easily in and out of the minivan and not have to be part of a huge group. the tour was well organized and we got to see as much as possible in a day. I was extremely pleased with this tour company and our guide.

Visited December 2013
Cooltour_lx, Public Relations Manager at Cooltour Lisbon, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Hi!

We are delighted to know you had a great time in our company! Sintra is truly a magical place and a must-see when in Lisboa. We would like to show you much more of Portugal but we expect to see you really soon for more cool tours!