“Conveniently located for airport” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Radisson Blu Hotel, Lisbon

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Radisson Blu Hotel, Lisbon
Ranked #121 of 247 Hotels in Lisbon
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Conveniently located for airport”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

The best about the hotel is it is conveniently located close to the airport. The room was nice and big with good amenities, however, it was very cold and noisy with the Highway located right next to it. The restaurant was mediocre serving a steak that was hardly chewable.

• 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
York, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

Like many of my fellow reviewers I agree the staff are very good and very friendly and the breakfast excellent. Pedro was especially helpful. The room was fine but as others have said WiFi simply didn't work.
Unfortunately we booked a city break and this was not the ideal hotel - excellent for an airport stopover but not so good for city break. In fairness that is not the hotel's fault as I booked it without properly checking location. The other issue was noise. The hotel is adjacent to a very busy major ring road and 4 nights in a room overlooking the road was not ideal.
So put simply, okay for business/airport stopover but not recommended for anything else.

Room Tip: A room at the back of the hotel and not over the road!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ian G
Ricany, Czech Republic
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

Perfect location, if you look for a hotel not far from the airport or from the university. I had a meeting in Department of Physics and it is just 5 minutes walk across Campo Grande. The hotel offers its very high standard as usual, My room was clean and cosy. Wifi could be faster though, the connection included in the room rate is only ok for emails, (256 max.) so no Viber or Skype calls etc. I tried their gym, too - there is one treadmill, one stationary bike and one stepper - and only 2! dumbells (one about 8 kg and one 2 kg :-)). Some more would be nice. This was the only funny part of my stay. Staff is friendly and the bar and restaurant are very good. Would come again.

Philadelphia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

I just stayed at this hotel as part of a conference. What this hotel gets right, it gets really right, but what it doesn't is significant. I'll start with the positive.

Pros:
- Excellent breakfast. Even as a vegan, I had plenty to eat here. The staff regularly replenish the food, and there is a lot of choice from healthy fair, like fruits and yogurts, to heavier fair, like eggs, sausage, etc. It's a great way to start the day. It was included in the cost of my stay, so I don't know what it would cost for others, but you could definitely eat well here and skip lunch.

- Mostly helpful staff. While a few staff members were a little less than helpful, most were very friendly and willing to do what they could to help you along. They will even mail your postcards for you and buy your stamps if you like. That's pretty cool.

- Nicely-sized rooms. I must admit, this room was pretty large and pretty nice as well. It was clean and comfortable, and I didn't really hear any noise from the airport, so it's pretty well insulated.

- Location (for some). This is a five minute cab ride from the airport, which is nice. It's also a short walk from the Campo Grande subway station, which will get you into the heart of town very quickly. I'd probably still prefer to stay in town if I were sightseeing, but if you are here on business and still want to squeeze in a little fun, this is a good place to be.

- Cool gift shop. I know most people wouldn't care about this, but I actually found the souvenirs here to be much nicer than any others I saw in town.

Cons:
- The internet connection is awful. This might not be true of every room, but the wifi was absolutely terrible in my room. The only place I could even get a remote signal was sitting on top of the luggage rack in the one corner of the room, facing a certain direction. Even then, I constantly got booted out. When I called to ask about this, I was offered another room, but they could not guarantee this would have a good connection either. Since airport hotels are usually for people traveling for work, this is a serious issue they need to address.

- Very limited free shuttle service. So, this hotel DOES offer a free shuttle TO the airport only. It will not pick you up from the airport. Also, you'd better hope your flight out leaves early in the day because there is no shuttle to the airport after 11am. As a result, I never got to use the shuttle because its hours are ridiculously limited. I don't know this hotel should even advertise having it because that is only true for a limited number of people.

- Poor communication. Travelers can actually extend their checkout time to 6pm at no extra cost. That's great. However, it seems you cannot speak to someone about this directly in person. I went to reception to ask for this in person and was told to call. That's weird, but ok. I called down and requested the service and got it. However, no one informed housekeeping, who kept knocking on my door, wanting to change the room over for the next guest; since she could not speak English, and I can't speak Portuguese, it was difficult to explain to her that I was going to be staying in the room until 6pm. In addition, our wifi passcodes expired. When we went down to ask about this, we were pointedly told that when we extended our stay, we failed to extend our wifi passcodes despite no one ever telling us we had to (the code we had said it would be good for another 24 hours after we left). They gave us a new code to use, but it just seemed there was a real lack of communication.

- The shower. I have seen this other places, too, but the shower door only extends about two feet along the edge of the tub. This means a lot of water gets onto the floor because the shower door is not long enough to keep it in.

Overall, this place has more right with it than wrong, but if you really need to get work done and rely on the internet for that, you are taking a big gamble staying here. You will also most likely have to pay for cabs to and from the airport (though it's only about 10 Euro to do so). The rest of my gripes are all pretty minor, though.

Room Tip: Don't stay in 1015! No internet!
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Phillygirlagain
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

The rooms here are very comfortable and the staff are helpful. The hotel, rooms, and dining areas are all well kept and beautiful. The only real downside is that none of the rooms seemed to be able to pick up the hotel's Wi-Fi signal and as I was on a working trip it became very difficult for me to keep on top of what I was supposed to be there for. Otherwise, this is an excellent place to stay.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

Great Hotel, great Restaurant. Service flawless in both, when we told the waiter we loved Piri Piri chicken, he brought us a bottle of his own sauce from home. The breakfast buffet alone is worth staying for. Wireless in the rooms which were clean and well maintained. Front office staff very accommodating.
This last time was our 9th time in the last couple of years.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Gothenburg, Sweden
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

Near the airport. Stayed for one night waiting for a connecting flight. Upgraded to a better room through Gold status in the Club Carlson program. Room was old, cold and noisy. Express breakfast option only had coffee.

Unfortunately, Portuguese hotels seem to be of very poor standard overall.

On the plus side, smooth transfer to the airport.

Will, however, avoid this hotel in the future and would not recommend it.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Sampaholic
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lisbon
Santa Maria dos Olivais
#128 of 247 in Lisbon
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,056 reviews
NH Lisboa Campo Grande
#96 of 247 in Lisbon

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel, Lisbon? Share your experiences!