“Radisson, nice as always”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Lisbon
Ranked #140 of 255 Hotels in Lisbon
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I was pretty early in the hotel, but they provided me a room immediately. Awesome! In addition, I just love that late check out for free. I was able to rest in my room until my flight. My room was quiet and the mattress was good. The room was big but not so cozy than Radisson Blue hotels elsewhere. However, fair enough. Actually the bathroom was pretty and good, shower was working well and towels were clean and in order.

If you don't have plenty of luggage, it's very easy and cheap to come from the airport by metro. Metro works very well. And it's close by the hotel, about 5 minutes walk. Metro is very convenient! Lidl, a big supermarket, is also very close to the hotel.

My superior room was VERY CLEAN and I met the cleaner of my room - such a great personality and she was working very fast and conscientiously. Awesome lady whom I saw in the mornings. She really made my day and make me feel important as a client.

The room was a little bit cold. I had two beds so I was able to get two blankets, therefore i slept well. I was trying to heat my room but i couldn't get any warm air. I think the heater didn't work.

Internet didn't work very well but overall I was able to get a connection in the end. It was free.

Breakfast was good and healthy. I liked because the waiters were fast and they asked immediately (before I sat down) if I prefer coffee or tea. It was awesome.

People in the reception were okay - very nice welcoming and goodbyes... but otherwise they were not so keen on me as a customer.

Room Tip: choose superior
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,801)

Reviewed 11 February 2014

Used the hotel for an overnight sleep before our longhaul flight. Close to the airport, taxi approx. 10€ and a 10min drive. Could not find transfer shuttle at the airport and the information desk doesnt know where it departs. Booked a standard room and was surprised by the size and standard of the room. Everything clean and well maintained. Also close to the metro station and a cheap option for a city trip to Lisbon.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Met by such lovely people in reception who spoke English very well. The bar staff were also very polite and helpful. The room was stunning and the shower just wonderful. The breakfast was scrummy-licous and again, lovely staff and beautiful building. Thanks.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 February 2014

We stayed here courtesy of TAP Airlines who messed up our flight but that was absolutely fine as the hotel was a very welcome change from grubby hostels which we had stayed in South America for the previous 8 months.

The bed was extremely comfortable, the shower was hot and powerful and the location was close enough to the subway so we were able to do a little exploring whilst in Lisbon.

However, on the morning we arrived, as we were leaving to explore the centre, I explained to the lady behind the desk that I had picked things up in the minibar out of curiosity but put it back. She informed me it was fine and that the sensors recognise this and that they usually asked on check out if anything had been consumed.

Yet when we got back to the hotel, i was unchanging (literally in just a towel) and there was a knock on the door. Despite being stood in just a towel, the man at the door who worked for the hotel was quite pushy, very accusatory that our fridge had been emptied completely (despite us not being in the hotel all day...) and demanded to look in the fridge at that very moment. This made me feel extremely uncomfortable, especially as my partner was in the shower and heard none of what was going on. I found this to be very bad customer service. There was not even an apology when he opened the fridge door to find the entire fridge completely stocked up!

Overall our stay was good here despite this small incident and I would stay here again but not even open the minifridge door!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank StephieAlice_13
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I chose this hotel as it was close to the airport; however, I ended up needing to catch a taxi at 5am to get there as there wasn't much activity with regards to a hotel shuttle. In hindsight, and with such an early flight, I would have chosen a hotel in a location with a bit more going on.

The hotel and room were fine and pretty standard affairs, although I couldn't get the wi-fi to work. The surrounding area was incredibly dull and not a lot of dinner options.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 January 2014

The best about the hotel is it is conveniently located close to the airport. The room was nice and big with good amenities, however, it was very cold and noisy with the Highway located right next to it. The restaurant was mediocre serving a steak that was hardly chewable.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Like many of my fellow reviewers I agree the staff are very good and very friendly and the breakfast excellent. Pedro was especially helpful. The room was fine but as others have said WiFi simply didn't work.
Unfortunately we booked a city break and this was not the ideal hotel - excellent for an airport stopover but not so good for city break. In fairness that is not the hotel's fault as I booked it without properly checking location. The other issue was noise. The hotel is adjacent to a very busy major ring road and 4 nights in a room overlooking the road was not ideal.
So put simply, okay for business/airport stopover but not recommended for anything else.

Room Tip: A room at the back of the hotel and not over the road!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple