“Perfect for aeroplane enthusiasts.”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Lisbon
Ranked #144 of 255 Hotels in Lisbon
Reviewed 21 March 2014

If you are a plane spotter with a high tolerance of noise or with very poor hearing this hotel will be very appealing.

Our room- as well as offering non- functional air conditioning and a mattress akin to sleeping on a water bed with protruding springs- afforded a view of landing aeroplanes at the immediately proximate runway so good that not only could I note their registrations, but also see the expressions of delight on passengers faces as they presumably marvelled at the 70s brutalist facade of the Radisson Blu Lisboa.

• Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank Simon M
Write a ReviewReviews (1,775)

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Chose this hotel in part because it was so close to the airport (about 5-10 drive) and we had a super early flight.

They upgraded us to a suite, which was huge. Not as centrally located as the touristy areas were about a half hour away but that wasn't bad considering the nearest subway stop was about a 5-10 walk down the street.

They do offer airport shuttle (only one-way going TO the airport) but make sure you reserve as soon as you check-in. And it starts at 6am (which was when we had to leave so worked out perfectly).

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Flaul
Reviewed 14 March 2014

The Radisson Blu Hotel is very close to Lisbon airport. A taxi from the airport to the hotel costs 5-7 euros. Please check that the taxi meter is turned on. return transportation from the hotel to the airport is free in the morning. Please book your transport from the reception on time, the hotel's car has only 7 seats. The hotel's restaurant serves a very tasty breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com
Reviewed 14 March 2014

We had a good experience with the Radisson Blu Hotel in Lisbon! The staff members there were very helpful and nice. The accommodations were great, as well! I would deffinately book the Radisson Blu Hotel again in the future when traveling in Portugal!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I was pretty early in the hotel, but they provided me a room immediately. Awesome! In addition, I just love that late check out for free. I was able to rest in my room until my flight. My room was quiet and the mattress was good. The room was big but not so cozy than Radisson Blue hotels elsewhere. However, fair enough. Actually the bathroom was pretty and good, shower was working well and towels were clean and in order.

If you don't have plenty of luggage, it's very easy and cheap to come from the airport by metro. Metro works very well. And it's close by the hotel, about 5 minutes walk. Metro is very convenient! Lidl, a big supermarket, is also very close to the hotel.

My superior room was VERY CLEAN and I met the cleaner of my room - such a great personality and she was working very fast and conscientiously. Awesome lady whom I saw in the mornings. She really made my day and make me feel important as a client.

The room was a little bit cold. I had two beds so I was able to get two blankets, therefore i slept well. I was trying to heat my room but i couldn't get any warm air. I think the heater didn't work.

Internet didn't work very well but overall I was able to get a connection in the end. It was free.

Breakfast was good and healthy. I liked because the waiters were fast and they asked immediately (before I sat down) if I prefer coffee or tea. It was awesome.

People in the reception were okay - very nice welcoming and goodbyes... but otherwise they were not so keen on me as a customer.

Room Tip: choose superior
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Used the hotel for an overnight sleep before our longhaul flight. Close to the airport, taxi approx. 10€ and a 10min drive. Could not find transfer shuttle at the airport and the information desk doesnt know where it departs. Booked a standard room and was surprised by the size and standard of the room. Everything clean and well maintained. Also close to the metro station and a cheap option for a city trip to Lisbon.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Met by such lovely people in reception who spoke English very well. The bar staff were also very polite and helpful. The room was stunning and the shower just wonderful. The breakfast was scrummy-licous and again, lovely staff and beautiful building. Thanks.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple