4 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.com
Get rewarded with One Key
Joao G
London, United Kingdom

Great hotel in the heart of Lisbon

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 8 Sept 2016
Lovely hotel in the heart of Lisbon. The staff is extremely friendly and the beds are very very comfortable! The bedrooms are a little bit out of date, but it still very comfortable.
The hotel has a page where you can order room-service and other services through your own device - very handy! Highly recommended!
Trip type: Travelled on business
5.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
5.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Dominic A, Gerente geral at Sofitel Lisbon Liberdade, responded to this review
Responded 12 Sept 2016
Dear Joao G,

Thank you for your comment and preference for Sofitel Lisbon Liberdade.
We are very happy to know that you have appreciated every moment of your experience with us. Thank you for your positive comment in regards to our location, service provided by our Ambassadors and our room facilities with the comfort of our “MyBed”. Thank you for your recommendation!

We look forward to welcome you on your next visit to Lisbon.

Priceline
8.3 miles from Sofitel Lisbon Liberdade
Free parking
View more hotels in Lisbon
4,960 results
All reviews turn down service excellent location comfortable bed barrio alto junior suite metro stop pastries central location concierge city claudia liberdade luxury avenida euros doorman europe
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 September 2016 via mobile

I had a wonderful visit.The front desk staff were very welcoming.
I really enjoyed the great breakfast in the mornings.The staff are outstanding.
The Bar downstairs in the lobby-Fantastic.
The rooms are a bit dated but super comfortable.I must mentioned the bathroom is small but fabulous.
I would like to thank Ana and the rest of the staff for a (Kool)
Great stay.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Dominic A, Gerente geral at Sofitel Lisbon Liberdade, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2016

Dear Carlos D,

Thank you for choosing Sofitel Lisbon Liberdade and for taking the time to tell us about your stay with us.
We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us. Thank you for your kind words regarding to the service provided by our Ambassadors, especially from Ana who made your experience truly memorable.

We look forward to welcome you on your next trip to Lisbon.

Reviewed 5 September 2016 via mobile

The hotel is perfectly located for a holiday in the centre of Lisbon. Whilst the decor appears rather dated (although more than comfortable) the lack of lustre in looks is more than made up for by its personal service. The front of house staff were excellent with a special mention for Ana (Isa) who provided excellent information and suggestions for getting around the city to make the most out of our few days in the city and first rate recommendations for restaurants as well. If you dislike all the horrible tourist traps that abound the centre of most cities she will direct you to the places that Lisboans frequent and the team will ensure you get great tables in the restaurants as well. They also really know how to engage with children. Well done team!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Cak3bak3r
Dominic A, Gerente geral at Sofitel Lisbon Liberdade, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2016

Dear Cak3bak3r,

We look forward to welcome you on your next trip to Lisbon.

Reviewed 5 September 2016

During the two weeks of our conference in August, Mister Junior Franco and his team really made sure that everything was organised, up to the smallest detail. They were always present, they responded quickly and efficiently to all requests, even those outside of the scope of the conference. Over and above your duty! Really a fabulous effort! Thank you.

Unfortunately, the same cannot be said for the service at the reception desk, as it was horribly slow. Everything has to be checked, double checked and checked again. Example: I needed one 10-page document printed. The gentleman first wanted to know my room number, even though I said I was with the conference, then, before starting to print, he started to enter into the computer something that took very long. Then he disappeared, and I just stood there, waiting and waiting and waiting. Until the man reappeared, with the document, refused to give it to me until he entered even more things into the computer, and only then reluctantly handed the paper over… He could have directed me to the business centre, where I could have done this myself, as I did subsequently, but no, that hadn’t occurred to him. Checking in and checking out also took ages, as did getting advice on city tours (as if they had never been to Lisbon themselves) or travel to the surrounding region. And when I eventually mentioned this, they responded that I just had to be patient...

The Sofitel loyalty programme is quite peculiar as well. Disingenuous even. As I arrived, I was asked to join the loyalty programme, with all kinds of promises of deals and other goodies. But then, it changed... Because I hadn’t booked my room myself directly, and had someone else book it for me, I did not qualify for the loyalty programme. Meaning, even though I was the one who instructed someone else to book this for me, specifically at the Sofitel, the hotel would not honour their own loyalty programme. Don’t see how they can call this a ‘loyalty programme’ if they are not happy with the fact that I chose this particular hotel, that I booked it, that my stay brought them some turnover. I could have chosen the hotel Tivoli next door, which might be considered a better choice, for at least it has a swimming pool and an outside bar…

But as the main reason was the conference, and that the speakers and participants were very happy with the organisation, and to reward Mr Junior Franco and his team, I will still give a max rating.

Please fix what needs to be fixed, and keep up the good work!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank BizGuide

Dear BizGuide,

We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay and conference with us. Thank you for your kind words regarding to the service provided by our Ambassadors, especially from Junior who made your experience truly memorable.

Nevertheless, we understand that we did not meet your expectations regarding to the service provided at the Front Desk. Please accept my apologies for the inconveniences it may have caused you during your stay.

We look forward to welcome you on your next visit to Lisbon.

Reviewed 4 September 2016

I was not happy with the rooms, furnishing was old, size of rooms were on the small side, the breakfast was just manageable.it was the first Sofitel I stayed in that I did not like or enjoy.The staff did their best under the circumstances to help though.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Dominic A, Gerente geral at Sofitel Lisbon Liberdade, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2016

Dear olusheyi,

Thank you for staying at Sofitel Lisbon Liberdade during your visit to Lisbon and for the time taken to comment about your stay.

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed the service provided by our Ambassadors.
Nonetheless, we understand that we have not met all your expectations and apologize for the inconvenience you faced with the hotel rooms and breakfast. Nevertheless, regarding the issue, we have already taken the appropriate measures to solve this question and avoid future occurrences like these.
Please accept our most sincere apologies for any inconveniences this may have caused during your stay.
We look forward to welcome you to Sofitel Lisbon Liberdade in the near future.

Reviewed 2 September 2016

We stayed here for five nights last month and had a fabulous time. A few days before arrival we were sent an email proposing limo transfers from and back to the airport, reservations in the restaurant, and a selection of private tours. We said yes to everything and weren't disappointed.
The welcome was fantastic, couldn't have been warmer, and we went to get breakfast while we waited for our room to be ready, which it was at around 11am, a huge bonus as we had taken a far too early flight that morning.
Our room had everything you could wish for, except for needing a tiny bit more space in the tea/coffee/minibar area, which was a bit cramped. The bathroom was a joy, with plenty of shelf space for our toiletries - a rare thing indeed. The room had a lovely view over the Avenida da Liberdade.
We took a full day tour of Lisbon as it was our first visit to the city and another full day to Sintra, both were great value with an airconditioned Mercedes and knowledgeable English speaking driver. The hotel was ideally situated for exploring Lisbon on foot, very close to all the main sights, the shopping, and plenty of good restaurants. The only time we took a taxi was to get to a fado club one evening.
The hotel breakfasts were excellent, we tried both the buffet and the a la carte. Their Ad Lib restaurant does a very good tasting menu and our only complaint was that some of the portions were too generous for a tasting menu. It was a good introduction to some Portuguese classics, with a modern twist provided by the chef. I thoroughly recommend it, and the accompanying flight of Portuguese wines. It is a smart restaurant in a very smart part of the city so we dressed accordingly and the only disappointment was that many of our fellow diners looked as though they had just stepped off the street and didn't give the place the respect it deserved.
My husband's only complaint was that the gym in the hotel was quite limited, but there is a branch of Holmes Place across the street which welcomes temporary memberships, so all our needs were catered for.
At checkout we were made to feel like old friends of the establishment and we shall certainly be back; this was a welcoming hotel in a perfect location offering excellent value for money as well as great service.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Moth,

Thank you for your preference in Sofitel Lisbon Liberdade and for taking the time to comment about your stay.

It was a pleasure to read your positive review and to know that you have truly enjoyed and appreciated your time with us. Thank you for your comments in regards to our hotel facilities and service provided by our Ambassadors. They do their best to make sure each and every Guest experiences a unique and memorable time with us, and it is an honor to know that we have accomplished this with you. Thank you for your recommendation!

We look forward to welcome you to Sofitel Lisbon Liberdade in the near future.