“A class act”

Hotel Lisboa Plaza
Ranked #48 of 255 Hotels in Lisbon
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 17 August 2010

Quiet classy hotel in an excellent location. Excellent service. Rooms good sized (was in a superior )and clean. Breakfast buffet a treat. Would not go anywhere else now.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,476)

Reviewed 10 August 2010

For a two night stay where we need to be centrally located and have sufficient comfort to collapse into when we returned from long days in the city, we chose well with this hotel.

We had a family room (€140 b&b) which were two room connected by bi-folding doors. Rooms were very comfortable but a little dark. Good breakfast, helpful staff and a blindingly good location off Ave. Liberdades, walkable to most central shopping places and also the wonderful barrio alto (uphill there, downhill back).

Slightly miffed though to have to pay €20 to park my car in their car-park which seems a bit second-rate considering we were paying guests.

Will stay here again most likely if i need to return on business.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2010

We spent 3 days and 2 nights at this lovely central Lisbon hotel with our 3 daughters aged 10,12 and 15. It's just a short walk to the Avenida Liberdade and the shops and historic areas. This is a heritage hotel and there's plently of 'public space' to relax in the bar, library and terrace. The rooms are calm, a good size and have DVD players (you can borrow DVDs from Reception). It's just a really nice place to spend some time and you feel the staff would much rather smile and say 'yes' than 'no' to anything you request. Highly recommended to anyone who wants a little style, character and peace in the centre of Lisbon.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with OctopusTravel
Reviewed 28 June 2010

I recomend this hotel for its confort, staff and location. A true boutique hotel.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2010

Stayed here for 3 nights - really lovely place - I felt very at home. Staff speak good English and are very helpful. It is a great location - just a 5 minute walk from some of the key sights. Hotel has a lovely terrace which is a great place to relax at the end of the day. Hotel also has a little gym with decent equipment. A good breakfast - worth paying the extra for it. Overall a good value hotel.

Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank sarahvix
Reviewed 3 June 2010

The hotel was nice, staff was friendly, room comfortable, and ambiente was fine. The hotel is located quite centrally and one can reach interesting sites by foot. However, not all room have the charming heritage interior, which makes other hotels of the heritage chain so beautiful. My room has some cheap new furniture and had no charme.

• Stayed: May 2010
HeritageLisbon, Owner at Hotel Lisboa Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2010

Thank you very much for your feedback and to allow us to clarify some aspects of our Hotel.
The Plaza has two different decorations in their rooms. Half of the rooms keep their original furniture from the fifties and the other half has a more contemporary style furniture that was designed by a famous Portuguese interior designer Graça Viterbo. We intend to give our clients the feeling of a Portuguese home using local materials and processes like the handmade tiles that you find in the contemporary rooms. Throughout the Hotel we also try to offer different ambiences and experiences but keeping in mind the local feel and character. Thank you.
Diogo Laranjo, General Manager.

Reviewed 6 May 2010

I was on my way home to Oslo from the US when the volcano ash cloud caused my plane from Newark to be cancelled. I was rerouted by Continental to Lisbon with a further flight two days later. Therefore I had to find a place to stay. First I called a hotel where I stayed earlier, Hotel Britania (excellent by the way) that was full but they sent my call onto Lisboa Palace. Lisboa Palace allowed me to check in early (since my plane arrived at 08.30), gave me the weekend rate for the five days I was there, called the airport for me when my plane to Oslo was cancelled and were generally just what I needed during this time. They had two PCs available for guests, an important issue since I was traveling without mine and needed to keep my job informed of my status.
As for the normal things: my room was comfortable, clean and well furnished. The breakfast was very good with a range of foods to suit the mornings I was hungry and mornings I just wanted fruit and yoghurt. The bar was very friendly and served light dinners.
I cannot thank them enough for their excellent service.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo