“Lisbon is Fab.”

Tivoli Avenida Liberdade Lisboa
Ranked #72 of 253 Hotels in Lisbon
Reviewed 21 February 2013

This was my 2nd visit to this hotel, the other visit was 6 years ago. I was away with friends for a 3 night break and we decided to return to the Tivoli Lisboa because we were so impressed the last time. It has been renovated since our last visit but really didn't notice too much difference - o.k. the resception desk moved to another wall of the lobby, as did the bar and oh yeah you go in a different door to the Restaurant for breakfast. Nonetheless I'd return again - the bedroom we had this time was a little cosy, could do with a little more space, but it was fine and most important it was clean. They could possibly do with regrouting the tiles around the bath area as there is considerable discolouration which doesn't look good.

Our check-in was fine and went without a hitch. We were occupying on a B & B basis and the breakfast I have to say was really good. While most european breakfasts are buffet style they tend to be tepid and therefore not particularly edible however here the breakfast I found pretty good. The fruit selection was great and evidently fresh each morning.

We only had one drink in the bar and wasn't impressed at all.

All in all a good hotel - I would request a room not close to the lift as you can hear every movement along the corridor.

This hotel is very centrally located and within walking distance to a very good range of restaurants. Also a few nice bars close by too. Recommendation - don't book directly through the hotel as their rack rates are way over the top.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Dublin6Dublin
There are newer reviews for Tivoli Avenida Liberdade Lisboa

Reviewed 19 February 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights , it has a wonderful location with easy access to everywhere by the underground (Avendia station) the rooms are so clean, toilet and bath were excellent, the hotel offers tea facilities in the room using their coffee machines for free.I just wish if the wifi was available for free or included in the room charge , not to be paid as an excess if used, as you even get charged per device used in the room i.e. if you need to connect your phone and laptop to internet then you pay double. The near by area contain all the luxurious brands like Gucci , L.V, Todds...etc

Room Tip: I don't have a specific recommendation.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 February 2013

Location wise is really good and convenient with available taxis at the door all the time. I was upgraded to a junior suite with no extra charge and found a very spacious room. All good until I needed help with wifi, 15 € for 24h and had to wait for 40 minutes until someone brought the codes to the room as apparently they were not able to do it through phone. The second night I was kept awake until 4am as a club close to the hotel had very loud music that I could hear perfectly with blinds down... I called the reception 4 times from 1am to 4am but from suggesting giving me ear plugs (which probably suggests that this is very common), change to another room in the middle of the night, it seemed that calling the club or even the police didn't work out and therefore, I was only able to sleep around 4am time the club closed! Breakfast was good with a varied range of food but unfortunately the room is not big enough for all the guests, meaning that we had to wait for 30 minutes for a table. Overall it is a good hotel, spacious, nice lobby, amazing restaurant on the top floor but when it comes to service not very good. Service is rather slow or even inexistent and no compensation at all for one lost night of sleep... I didn't expect this from a 5 stars hotel! I was utterly disappointed that all my efforts to show Lisbon as a city that welcomes tourists were gone with the bad service that this hotel provided.

Room Tip: No to rooms facing North. I was in one and the noisy club is on that side.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 January 2013

Very good, pleasant, conveniently located hotel. I had a single the first night and it was lovely and nicely decorated even though I had booked it through an online service at a discount. The twin I shared the next two nights was also good but slightly less luxurious. Staff were also helpful. The business center worked fine, although it was small and might get busy during peak times. Breakfasts were very good and a wide range of choice in a pleasant dining room. Highly recommended. It was better than I thought it would be, as some of the reviews mentioned its age but I thoroughly enjoyed my stay of 3 nights. The lobby was spacious and lovely.

Room Tip: The single room was in the 100s; the twin was in the 200s. The former was a better room, which is un...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank CAhistorian95030
Reviewed 17 January 2013

The hotel is located along the Avenida da Liberdade and it takes few minutes to walk to the old town and I don't feel it is so central really. The lobby is quite fancy looking and rooms have this old style touch that might be too much for many. Room size is medium when you take account the location of the hotel. Service is good and on level you can expect from this type of hotel. Breakfast is served in a classy restaurant room and it has a good offering that should not disappoint you. Hotel has a classy restaurant on top floor with a roof terrace of great view over the city. There is a small swimming pool in the back alley side of the hotel. Stayed for 3 nights.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 January 2013

Here i was again in Tivoli Lisboa, one of my favourites. The personnel was amazing. I selected a room via internet, and when i got to the hotel, the room was too small, so i asked if able, as always i Mr polite in person, to have another room. The lady in charge that night, because i just arrived from Cabo Verde so it was night, gave us, me and my wife, an outstading dedication. She tried everything and at the end, she gaves aroom that was outstanding. We had now a bigger room and we were pleased. I do not remeber her name that when she reads this, she will know.
All the other personnal, indinning room, breakfast persoannel, lobby, was indeed very professional.
Once again i had a a very goog time i Tivoli Lisboa.
I will return, and thank you.

Room Tip: Choose the suite.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank joaquim c
Reviewed 9 January 2013

We had a pleasant stay at this hotel. The staff was very kind and cooperative. We were there during the Christmas holidays and they were be accommodating for our big group of 11. The rooms are nice but are in need of a makeover that is why I am giving it 4 stars and not 5. Lisbon is such a nice and friendly city that all seems fine. The hotel location is in the newer part of the city so you would be a bit a way from the historical bits. But transportation is quite easy and affordable. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family