“Surprise!”

Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Was recommended by our hotel just around the corner and went to have a look in the afternoon. A bit apprehensive as it was closed for lunch so could not have a look at the menu or see inside what looked from the outside a bit drab. However the reception staff at the hotel assured us that it served excellent food so we booked for 8pm. On arrival we tried the front door only to find it was locked and a notice saying use entrance further down.
Surprised to find a candle lit stairway down to a romantic and sheltered garden. The menu was varied and the food excellent as previously intimated. Service was fantastic with the waiter recommending very good wine explaining exactly where the grapes were grown and about the family run estate.

There are newer reviews for Restaurant 33

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Charming courtyard and top quality service. Food was very good but the real star is sitting under orange trees and the stars with birds singing all evening!

2  Thank cleogreeneyes
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Restaurant 33 offers a simple menu. The sea bass was especially good and the fish soup delicious. The staff were courteous and friendly and the ambiance was comfortable.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Our hotel concierge recommended Restaurant 33 during our short stay in Lisbon at the end of February.
We had a little difficulty finding it as it is not clearly visible.
However, we received a warm welcome form the head chef who was most attentive and helpful right through our evening.
We learned that the restaurant is in operation since 1978. It has an 'old world' charm of its own.
On the night, we were two of only a small number of guests
My wife started with Spinach Crepe with goats cheese (€4.50) while I had the glorious Cream of Zuccini (€4.50) My wife was so impressed by my reactions, that she decided to try the same dish, a second helping.
My wife followed this with Cheek of pork with potato & sprouts (€15.50) and a Portuguese
white wine, while I had a succulent streak with 3 peppers (€18.50) and a beer..
For dessert my wife had Portuguese custard cream (€4.20) while I had the safe Assorted Ice cream (€5.50).
I would recommend Restaurant 33 for a pleasant evening.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

We stubble across this place by mistake. It is well hidden but happened to see the side door open and a beautiful walled garden setting. We ate from the fixed menu with was excellent value. The service was also very good. It turned out our waiter had only been working there 2 days but was extremely helpful and knowledgeable about the wines. I would definitely make a return visit.

1  Thank MTY2004