“BEWARE CROOKS IN BARRIO ALTO”

O Cantinho Das Gaveas
Ranked #1,187 of 4,304 Restaurants in Lisbon
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Bairro Alto, Bica & Cais do Sodre
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

I wish I had never entered in this restaurant, they literally ruined my dinner . As soon as you arrive without even ordering a waiter dumps on your table 4 miserable pieces of cheese and a basket of bread . Main courses are nothing special for what they charge you can find much better and cheaper elsewhere . When the bill comes they bring you a piece of toilet roll with some numbers written on it, we sent it back and after a while a very irritated and rude manager finally came back with proper VAT receipt. If you wish to have a nice meal and spend nice time inLisbon don't enter that door.

1  Thank Nando1970
There are newer reviews for O Cantinho Das Gaveas

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Nice small restaurant in Bairro Alto. House win was excellent value for money and pretty good. Fish was pretty nice. Steak was ordered well done but came out more medium. Staff were pretty nice. Not a bad choice for food but can find nicer.

Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

This little place is in a nice little street. I ordered a big meal that was very tasty.
The service was great ! The waiter was so nice and the food came really quickly. The one thing that wasn't too good was price. It isn't that expensive, but definitely not for budget tourists.

Reviewed 14 December 2013

This place was recommended to us by the owner of a different restaurant which couldn't accommodate us. Usualy such a scenario encourages me to accept the reccommendation politely but ignore it afterwards. On this occassion I was delighted I didn't.
With appetizers of squid (and bread - no charge!) and garlic fried shrimp followed by a sort of rice fish stew (with shrimp, of course). This was one of my favourite meals in Lisbon. However my pal having a salad was less than impressed. All of us who ordered fish based dishes were suitably impressed. A house white was served in a jug and was great value.
Our server was very friendly, efficient, and helpful.
Recommended.

1  Thank FreshEire A
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Food and house wine pleasant, plentiful, enjoyed "fish rice with shrimp" and interesting people to talk to around us.Good for a simple dinner and the fun of watching people on the street.