Lisbon Destination Hostel
US$309
US$218
US$191
  • Pool
All reviewstrain stationfado tourmovie roomtable tennisstreet art toursintra tourfree walking tourfree breakfastcommon roomlocation is amazingbed dormlounge areacommon areasenjoyed my stayshared bathroomspecial thankscentral location
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We enjoyed our 3-night stay here. Can't get any better location, right in the train building. Staff very friendly as well. Good kitchen available for use, and decent breakfast. Room very clean. We had ensuite bathroom and was worth it.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Warning this is a party hostel it was very noisy at night people playing loud music until 2 am. I booked private room then found out it was not available at the last minute, it was hard to find other accommodations so I shared facilities were fair, on the first floor, at least separate men's and ladies toilet. I was then asked to move upstairs as they needed my room for a person in a wheelchair which I understood but there were only 2 toilets and 2 showers in the same room male and female I could seldom get a sink to wash my hands after using the toilet as there was someone always putting on makeup

. I went in toilet the middle of the night and there was a couple there being "romantic" and I got a look like how dare you bother us. I would not recommend this to anyone who is not into partying until the middle of the night. Very noisy every night one night I awoke to a bunch coming in at 3 am and talking extremely loud and carried on for quite awhile I finally banged on the wall next to me and they hushed up,

I was advised there were plenty of toilets on each floor and this was not so. One of the worse places I ever stayed. Only thing was the people working there were friendly. I advise anyone to read all reviews just not the good ones I now realize that the ones who loved it and gave it a high rating are into party place.

Room Tip: Very noisy so I can not recommend any room
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank mediaqueen44
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I went in Lisbon this march fot two days as a backpacker with my friends. I was really surprised by the very helpful staff, ready to serve for everything u want...and very clean.The location is super, in the heart of Lisbon...I would go back again!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We had the most amazing hostel experience at Lisbon Destination Hostel !
It has everything you can look for! What I liked most:
1) STAFF ; Lucas, Hugo, John were so welcoming, always helpful and smiling ! We miss them!
2) ATMOSPHERE.... it was so easy to make friends because of the large common area and the ton of activities proposed.
Also: Great location, kitchen, comfortable beds, free breakfast.

I have never seen an hostel with so many activities: walking tours (thanks Pedro!), AWESOME Sintra day and beach tour (thanks Daniel!), Fado Tour, Pubcrawls (safe and great way to enjoy Lisbon at night, we had so much fun with John and Lucas!), EXCELLENT dinners .

The area is beautiful and safe. It also has 2 sister hostels (walkable distance) where you can go; one with a pool on the rooftop, the other in Alfama (they had a BBQ there one night with a DJ; awesome!).

Wish I could have stayed longer at this place! I have been to a lot of hostels in my life and this one is BY FAR my favorite! :)

Negative: It was hard to find the 1st time... have a good printout in hand and you will be fine.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Amazing hostel, possibly one of the best I've stayed in. Very clean and quiet despite being located inside the train station. There is a large common area and kitchen to chill and meet other travellers. There were nightly events held by the hostel such as music performances, pub crawls etc. The staff were very helpful with giving us tips and locations to visit.

Only a short walk away from the main square in Lisbon, there are also plenty of bars, restaurants and a supermarket nearby.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple