“Best i have seen in category hostel”

Lisbon Destination Hostel
Ranked #10 of 483 Speciality Lodging in Lisbon
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Nice location, but I would like to be better marked from the street. Very clean and quiet, no party noise, but you can hear lot from street trafic i guess beacause of big windows. Big rooms and you have your own locker. They have lot of activities and free breakfast. Nice staff. I would strong recommend this hostel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Lisbon Destination Hostel

Reviewed 30 October 2013

A really great hostel, super clean, fancy and with nice vibes. staff are friendly, helpful, and the pub crawl was top. it was realxed when I was there, albeit in the low season, but still a nice crowd, and the hangout area is a great place to relax and meet people. Fully stocked kitchen, nice rooms. Lot's of activities which I didn't partake in, but might be nice for others. clean and clean mainly. awesome location - cannot complain about that! Curtains on the beds might be a nice addition.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Stayed three nights at this very fine hostel located in the Rossio train station. Great helpful friendly staff, very clean premises, plenty of well appointed bathroom facilities, well located, easy to find. Enjoyable daily activities, great breakfast, option for dinner meals prepared by a competent chef. Top notch place.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We enjoyed our 3-night stay here. Can't get any better location, right in the train building. Staff very friendly as well. Good kitchen available for use, and decent breakfast. Room very clean. We had ensuite bathroom and was worth it.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Warning this is a party hostel it was very noisy at night people playing loud music until 2 am. I booked private room then found out it was not available at the last minute, it was hard to find other accommodations so I shared facilities were fair, on the first floor, at least separate men's and ladies toilet. I was then asked to move upstairs as they needed my room for a person in a wheelchair which I understood but there were only 2 toilets and 2 showers in the same room male and female I could seldom get a sink to wash my hands after using the toilet as there was someone always putting on makeup

. I went in toilet the middle of the night and there was a couple there being "romantic" and I got a look like how dare you bother us. I would not recommend this to anyone who is not into partying until the middle of the night. Very noisy every night one night I awoke to a bunch coming in at 3 am and talking extremely loud and carried on for quite awhile I finally banged on the wall next to me and they hushed up,

I was advised there were plenty of toilets on each floor and this was not so. One of the worse places I ever stayed. Only thing was the people working there were friendly. I advise anyone to read all reviews just not the good ones I now realize that the ones who loved it and gave it a high rating are into party place.

Room Tip: Very noisy so I can not recommend any room
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank mediaqueen44
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I went in Lisbon this march fot two days as a backpacker with my friends. I was really surprised by the very helpful staff, ready to serve for everything u want...and very clean.The location is super, in the heart of Lisbon...I would go back again!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We had the most amazing hostel experience at Lisbon Destination Hostel !
It has everything you can look for! What I liked most:
1) STAFF ; Lucas, Hugo, John were so welcoming, always helpful and smiling ! We miss them!
2) ATMOSPHERE.... it was so easy to make friends because of the large common area and the ton of activities proposed.
Also: Great location, kitchen, comfortable beds, free breakfast.

I have never seen an hostel with so many activities: walking tours (thanks Pedro!), AWESOME Sintra day and beach tour (thanks Daniel!), Fado Tour, Pubcrawls (safe and great way to enjoy Lisbon at night, we had so much fun with John and Lucas!), EXCELLENT dinners .

The area is beautiful and safe. It also has 2 sister hostels (walkable distance) where you can go; one with a pool on the rooftop, the other in Alfama (they had a BBQ there one night with a DJ; awesome!).

Wish I could have stayed longer at this place! I have been to a lot of hostels in my life and this one is BY FAR my favorite! :)

Negative: It was hard to find the 1st time... have a good printout in hand and you will be fine.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends