“Is good but not great.”

Lisbon Destination Hostel
Ranked #10 of 498 Speciality Lodging in Lisbon
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Hostel has a very good atmosphere, great location (better would be impossible!) and very friendly staff (as most of the hostels in Lisbon) excluding the girl cooking crepes every morning, she didn't look very happy at all.

Positive points:
- Friendly staff
- Location
- Atmosphere
- Confort
- Electronic keys for dormitory and your private cupboard (no need padlock)

Negative Points:
- Showers are not as clean as it should
- Breakfast is VERY POOR for the price paid.
- Only one toilet (the other one is for disable people)
- Wi-Fi problematic connection with iPhones.

Lisbon is famous for having top hostels in the world, but for sure, you can't include Lisbon Destination Hostel on this list, I've been in Lisbon couple of times trying different hostels and I can assure you that there are much better ones around.

If they improve the breakfast, clean the showers more often, build more toilets and sort the wi-fi problem, they can be part of the top list, meanwhile, they are not.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Joasphoto

Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for three nights last weekend and loved every minute of our stay. The rooms are nice and clean, overlooking the lounge area. The bathroom has everything you need. Ok, the bed was a bit hard, but doable. I loved the lounge area where all kinds of music instruments are available and people can just start playing them. And the pancakes at breakfast. And the superrelaxed atmosphere. And the staff ofcourse. The location is excellent: everything is within walking distance. In short: would love to return one day!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Big new Hostel in a great location along the river, the train station and metro are located under the hostel. The room are new & clean, the roof top area has a great view with a BBQ area and a dip pool. The staff were very friendly. I highly recommend this hostel in Lisbon.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I have never been compelled to take time out of my life to write a review for pretty much anything unless I got something free for it.

That all ends here. The staff here were extremely welcoming and incredibly informative. They helped make my stay in Lisbon that much better.

Cool vibe, great people, fantastic location. You can't really ask for much more. I mean you could but that would just be greedy.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Lisbon Destination Hostel was the first hostel I stayed in during a month long European backpacking trip. We spent 3 nights here and there is 100% no comparison. This was by far the best hostel of our trip. The staff was amazing, there are no words. Gilberto and Joao made us feel welcomed from the moment we walked and were constantly giving us pointers for our trip. Pedro's walking tours were steller and he directed us to an AMAZING look out point to watch the sun set. I could go on for days about this staff. Tom, Max, everyone..We did not meet a single staff member in any other hostel who lived up to this team.

Breakfast was amazing, cleanliness, rooms, the events, the pub crawl, location, everything. I do not have a single negative comment about this hostel (not to mention the breath taking view of Castleo de Sao Jorge) . I 100% recommend this hostel if you are looking for an outstanding time in Lisbon.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Plus: Friendly people, Clean hostel, Great location.
Min: Warm rooms (Im Dutch, Lisbon is warm already)

Apperently i have to add more characters in my review, so here they are:
Twentyfive to go, almst there, yes.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank David v
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I was a little but sceptical about booking a hostel as a lone traveller for the first time but had read many great reviews about Destination and thought it would be a good choice. I chose to book a bunk bed in a 4 bed en-suite female dorm around a week before I was due to travel.

It is located inside Rossio train station, which made it very easy to find for me having never been to Lisbon and very close to the metro station. As I was early for my (15:00) check- in I was able to leave my luggage there in the lockers. Upon arrival I was greeted by their SUPER friendly staff who all introduced themselves and were very nice to talk to. I was given help with my luggage and also personally shown to my room.

My room looked just as it appeared on the pictures online. The design is very simplistic with nothing other than beds and a small table in the room. There is also a fan and the beds are very comfortable. The downstairs living area is so cosy, there are bean bags to sit and read, a piano so if you do want to stay in they make it very comfortable for you. If you want to cook your meals there is a supermarket just around the corner from the hostel as well as many good restaurants.

Everyday they had a free walking tour of the local area and other activities including a Bar crawl, tour of Sintra and chef cooked dinners (very tasty!) These were great ways to meet other people staying there as well as see what Lisbon has to offer, although the price of these are around €10 per activity they are definitely worth it. The hostel is linked with Alfama and Sunset destination hostels so the activities will be linked with people from there too, again more opportunities to meet people!

During my stay in Lisbon I also stayed in two other hostels after Destination and this was by far the best in town.
Overall I think ALL of the staff are what makes this place such a gem for travellers to Lisbon. It seems like such a great place to work as there was nothing but good vibes between them.

My stay was originally 4 days but I decided to extend it after having such an amazing time. I was kind of sad to leave! Nonetheless it was definitely a home away from home for me.

Thank you Destination, see you soon!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo