Before selecting the browns downtown hotel I read and looked on tripadvisor for some insight on the reviews of all the users. There were some key issues that all the users had in common. I was a little bit worried regarding the bathroom and the small room but decided to stay at this hotel for the design and also the location.
1. good location
2. nice design & decoration
3. small room
4. shower flooding with water / smell of the bathroom
5. wi-fi not working so well
6. friendly front desk
7. room cleaning not so good
8. mac & I pads not working well
We stayed from Dec 24th for 3 nights and relatively was I was happy in general. I would use browns downtown hotel again if I visited Lisbon.
Getting to the hotel
From the airport you can catch AeroBus (3,50€) per ride or round trip which is cheaper. The shuttle that takes around 20 mins to the down town center at Rossio Square. As you get off the bus you can see a small arch that leads to our street (Rua dos Sapateiros). The street is rather dirty as it’s the back street of many stores and they leave out a lot of trash but it only takes around 5-7 min walk.
Like all review i think the browns downtown hotel is located in the perfect center of lisbon. It’s a 5-7 min walk to Rossio Square Baixa-Chiado and 4min walking distance to Praça do Comércio where you can find the tram 15 that takes you to Belem or the yellow hop on hop off bus. For those that are not staying too long in lisbon it’s the perfect place to stay. During the 4 days of our stay it was rainning very bad and we had to return to our hotel twice or three times from the wet rain and it was just so convenient.
Like all reviews the hotel has nice designer furniture, it’s well designed with nice interior and mac and Ipads everywhere for the guest to use. Like most of the reviews the Ipad didn’t work in our room but the mac computer worked well. Sometimes the wi-fi on my floor didn’t work and I just simply accessed another floor IP and it worked ok.
The services was good. They offer free coffee and tea in the lobby and you can use the vending machine any time you want. They had traditional Christmas cake in the lobby on Christmas day which was nice. Breakfast is served around the corner at Browns Café. It’s nice and slightly different interior to the lobby and we loved it. Breakfast is served with orange juice, coffee or tea with some yogurt and fruit and sham & cheese sandwich with a selection of chocolate muffin or cookie. For those that pays the room with breakfast included are given a voucher to use at the Browns Café. At the Browns Café it’s connected to the Browns apartment. The front desk are very helpful with finding your way through in Lisbon.
We booked a medium room and the room I received didn’t look like a medium and requested for another room. I found the second room to be a bit bigger in the sense of the bathroom. But the second room I selected didn’t have any shower curtain and we had to be careful when taking a shower so the shower didn’t flood and we didn’t have any problem. The rooms in general in Europe are small and also the bathroom and since we are used to it we didn’t have too much problem. They also had a fridge with some cookware for cooking and also safe box, iron, hair dryer. They cleaned our room everyday and exchanged all of our towels everyday and we were happy about the cleaning services in general.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Brown's Downtown Hotel is the coolest hotel in Lisbon downtown. Staying in our hotel means to undergo singular sensations. The building dates from the XVIII century, but is completely rebuilt with contemporary lines and materials. The lobby combines pieces of well-known designers, good music and an informal reception. Trendy rooms, equipped with up-to-date technology. Brown's Downtown is design. Brown's Downtown is hi-tech. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Brown's Downtown Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brown`s Downtown Hotel Lisbon