“Great hotel , Wonderful staff, A Gem ********”

Casa do Patio by Shiadu
Ranked #9 of 245 Lisbon B&B and Inns
Leigh-on Sea, United Kingdom
“Great hotel , Wonderful staff, A Gem ********”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

First of all i just like to thank all the staff for their time in helping us have a wonderful stay in Lisbon The hotel is very clean, we had room 14 , with a very comfortable bed and a tv , and great powerful shower. Breakfast a really relaxed , fruit juice (freshly squeezed) rolls , cheese , ham cereals , and beautiful fruit , We did the first day of exploring in Lisbon its quiet hilly so maybe go to the Castle St George and work you way through Lisbon walking down . A recommended day trip (or 2 ) if weather permitting is Cascais ,lovely beaches , good reasonable restaurants and fresh fish , it a very nice town and just half an hour by train .I can also recommend the restaurant Madragoa Cafe (short cab ride from Casa do Patio )for very typical Portuguese cuisine but i will write a review in the restaurant section . Casa do Patio deserves its very high rating on here , we will be Back !!!! THANKYOU

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Ramat Gan, Israel
Reviewed 27 April 2014

The first advantage of this property is the very good staff. Nice people with fluent English, helpful. Interesting that the brief with orientation about Lisbon is a part of reception process and it is done before distribution of room keys. I have never seen this before. The brief is really helpful, this is the point!
Second advantage - it is not hotel and not similar to. It is a kind of urban living in an old two storey house with a large patio and separate entries to each apartment from the patio.
Breakfast is good. Tea, coffee, some snacks - 24 hours.
The location is convenient, in the silent street. The room itself - spotless clean.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank alexr0
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

OUTSTANDING! Originally my flight from Paris was supposed to arrive in Lisbon at 7pm and the flight to Rio was to depart from Lisbon at 9am the following day. I made the reservation at Casa do Patio, because I wanted to stay in a cool hip area, where I could enjoy the little time I had in Lisbon, not having to pay a fortune for it. When I made the reservation with Casa do Patio I forewarned them about the late check-in and early check-out to ensure everything was ok. Well, my flight was delayed for 2 hours! So I arrived at the hotel at 10pm! Fabio from the staff was there waiting for me, and trying to call me to make sure I was ok. Not only that he also made me a picnic bag so I could take with me for breakfast the next day, since I was to depart much before their breakfast hours. Considering we arrived there starving, I was worried that we were not going to find a place to have dinner at that late hour... Fabio made sure he walked with us to a little restaurant in the corner called Zapata, and made sure the owner knew we were their guests and needed to eat. 20 min later we were stuffing our faces with some of the best and and cheapest food in Europe! Next day when I arrived home, in Rio, I received an email from the staff to ensure I had made home safe and I was happy with my stay. This is probably the best service I've experienced in a very long time, and it is nice to know that there are companies and people out there in the tourism industry that really DO care about your well being and comfort. I am not sure when I'm going back to Lisbon again, but I definitely KNOW where I will be staying when I do. Thanks again Casa do Pátio, Fabio and all of the staff for making me feel so comfortable and special! You guys rock!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Monitcha
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 15 April 2014

While the room was great and the breakfast was delicious, the best part about Casa do Patio is the staff. Jessica and the gang know Lisbon well and are incredibly knowledgeable and always willing to help you out as much as you need. They even called and made dinner reservations for us one night (we don't speak Portuguese, so for this we were very grateful). Great value, right in the heart of Lisbon. We'll be back!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Bolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We enjoyed our stay with you. We especially appreciated the warm welcome
we received and the very useful information given to us. The Casa Do
Patio is in a good position between the two metro stations and it is also
very handy for Tram 28 ( you should mention this in your information).
Most first time visitors might not be aware of the (very) hilly nature of
the city so it might also be useful to include the the fact that the Baixo
Chiado stop is best for arrival and Cais Do Sodre best when you are
leaving the property.

The room itself was clean and comfortable and the bathroom facilities
good. It was useful to have the heated towel rail ( for drying our wet
things) and also having heating for one particularly cold evening.
The place was quiet and so we slept very well.

Breakfast was really good, the variety was excellent and the morning fruit
salad wonderful. It was useful to be able to make a cup of tea or coffee
when we got back and to eat up the cake!

Thank you to all the staff involved in making our stay so enjoyable, I am
sure we will be back.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank LB227
Bordeaux, France
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Entering the small gate we arrived at our destination for 5 nights, a heaven of rest and piece, and close to the center of Lisbon Very nice staff, specially Magda, every morning she was there with handy tips for an excellent day. Helping us with Restaurants, public transport, taxis, things to do list, in one word great.
The accommodation was very good, clean and modern. The breakfast was great, fruit, bread, coffee, tea ..... plenty.
We did one organized tour with www.selectiontours.com to Sintra and the surroundings, special thanks to Leonor, she was great.
Thanks again for your hospitality and we will come back again.
Hielko & Hetty, France

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hielko
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We had a wonderful short stay at Casa do Patio. The staff were very kind, full of advice, ideas and very helpful to accomodate our needs. The location is great, not far from Barrio Alto and Chiado, on the other hand very quiet at night. The breakfast was delicious.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family