US$340
US$189
US$227
US$207
1,187 results
All reviewsaudrey hepburnthemed hotelmetro stational pacinomarques de pombalbreakfast roomnice hotelhotel is locatedminute walkhotel stafftour busesenjoyable staycity centreexploring lisbonbarrio altonice breakfastmarquis
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Excellent helpful staff with outstanding location. Busses and subway are only a few hundred meters away
The beds are hard as a rock with hardly any space but the location makes up for it.
Most major attraction are only a few minutes away.

Room Tip: Ask for a room up high to reduce street noise...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Traveler M
David C, General Manager at Hotel Florida, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

We're glad you enjoyed your stay at Hotel Florida.

Regarding the bedrooms, we have different kinds of bed toppers we could have provided once we knew you were not as comfortable as you could be. You know, regarding bed comforts, we have always different client needs, that's why we're prepared for every one.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you once again in the near future.

Regards,

Reviewed 20 October 2013

This hotel is very simple but you couldn't possibly get one closer to the Metro!! The metro in Lisbon runs every few minutes and will take you anywhere around the city. The hotel room itself was small enough but adequate and clean. The hotel staff were nice and friendly too. We didn't have breakfast included but it was an extra €11 per person each morning which we felt was expensive. The reception had no leaflets or maps of the city in the lobby to look though but when we asked at reception we got a very good map of the city and directions to anywhere we wanted to go.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Gillian,

Thank you so much for taking time to review us.

It was a pleasure to know that you spent a great time at Hotel Florida.

Hope to see you soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed 19 October 2013

I stayed at the Hotel Florida for work and didn't select it myself. With four stars, I wasn't expecting luxury but at least a high level of service - how wrong I was. The conscierges were rude from the point I checked in: disinterested, arrogant and slow. No one offered to carry my suitcase, they just pointed at the lift. Finding an entirely empty mini bar in the room, I called reception and asked why it was empty. The conscierge wouldn't give me an answer and simply said "call the bar" before literally hanging up on me. I got some water delivered to the room, but in the evening when I got back from work engagements and was dying for a drink/snack, they told me the bar was closed and there was nowhere to get anything. After much persuation, the conscierge gave me some cashew nuts but made a big fuss. I was consistently polite, also on the second evening when the same thing happened and he told me that "the barman will be very angry if he sees this". I said that I wouldn't have to trouble him if they'd just keep their mini bars stocked to which he said I could find a shop nearby (it was 2.30am). The room service menu was dreadful - all Hollywood themed, diner style, to match their ghastly decor and mediocre rooms named after actors as if they were luxury suites at the Ritz - and the restaurant staff didn't speak English and kept acting as if my calling them was a major inconvenience. (This was a recurring attitude with all members of staff.) The waiter who came to my room didn't know how to open a bottle of wine. Finally - and perhaps rudest of all - upon checkout the staff in reception kept speaking Portuguese to one another and looking at me in a manner which left little doubt as to the nature of what they were saying. It was extremely unpleasant and totally uncalled for. All in all the experience left a lot to be desired and set a really bad tone for my visit in Lisbon. Do not stay there.

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear Mr Dobermann,

We will work on every issue related to service. And we apologize for not giving you the necessary attention we should have given.

We do not agree at all with your considerations about our guestrooms. We're sorry for not having all the answers for your requests.

Once again, for all issues related with service, we deeply apologize.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

As a regular traveller around the world, sometimes hotel rooms appear to be the same so often i have come to discover is that the "hotel staff" can either make or break your stay. I have been at this hotel for five days now and will spend another two nights here, i have run into a number of challenges like wi- fi not working, my eye glasses snapped in two so off i went to speak with Francesco at the front desk....he will assist with any issue instantly...he even found a replacement reading glasses for me to use for a day until i could purchase a replacement. He has assisted with Fado recommendations, making dinner reservations, calling taxis, changing my US dollars (even though i dont think it was their policy). I really do feel that Francesco has made my stay at this hotel a wonderful experience and i would highly recommend this clean hotel. The management can work on getting some other employees to adopt this attitude as i am lucky to get a "good morning" from anyone at the breakfast restaurant. But overall, the location, cleanliness anf Francesco make this all a worthwhile experience.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Joycevancouver
David C, General Manager at Hotel Florida, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Dear Joyce,

On behalf of the team, we deeply thank you for your review.

Francisco was congratulated for being such a nice professional.

We hope to see you soon.

Regards,

Reviewed 5 October 2013

we stayed in hotel Florida for 3 days in September of this year. location was very good, all modes of transport required outside the door of hotel to so it meant getting around very easy. the hotel was not a 4 star as stated but more like a 3 star.Rooms were basic but bathroom quite shabby. there was not a proper bar in the hotel either. the staff behind the reception desk were very unhelpful and not at all friendly. I would say it was an ok hotel, maybe if the staff were to receive a bit of customer service training and show they were interested in their jobs it may improve a customers stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your time reviewing Hotel Florida.

Your words were taken in consderation and will surely help us improve.

Best regards,