“Extremely small, unclean, noisy rooms and below average breakfast”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Eduardo VII

Hotel Eduardo VII
Ranked #232 of 247 Hotels in Lisbon
Pune
“Extremely small, unclean, noisy rooms and below average breakfast”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2010

We stayed here for 3 nights. The location was convenient but the rooms were extremely small. we could barely move around in the room. There was no place even to keep our bags. We could here people talking in the adjecent rooms. The breakfast was below average too.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
HotelEduardoVII, General Manager at Hotel Eduardo VII, responded to this review, 11 December 2012
Dear Sir / Madam,

First of all, i would like to thank you in behalf of all the staff of Hotel Eduardo VII for staying with us.

We are sad to know that your experience was not up to your expectations and hope that we can welcome you again, in order to give you a better service.

Best regards.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2010

I´ve been at Eduardo VII hotel in Lisbon and I´m very satisfied. My overall impression is of a hotel with a friendly atmosphere, nice service and very good localization. I am a business traveler and the hotel is right on the centre of the city, close to bus and transportation. I really want to recomend the hotel for everyone either in business or leisure when in Lisbon!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Mauriciocarvalho
HotelEduardoVII, General Manager at Hotel Eduardo VII, responded to this review, 21 November 2012
Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you very much for choosing Hotel Eduardo VII for your stay in Lisbon and we are delighted to hear that your experience has been a welcoming one.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2010

Lancaster
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2010

Four of us seasoned travellers stayed for a few days at the Eduardo as we had come to Lisbon to watch Benfica play football. We wanted somewhere convenient to stay on a reasonable budget. Euro for Euro I fully recommend the Eduardo. The most convenient way of getting around is buying a 'rover' ticket for 24 hours for 3.70 Euros: this gives you access to most forms of transport. There are 2 metro stations very close to the hotel and a choice of bus routes (including 3 which go to the airport). Once on the metro you can then go on to get on the extensive tram routes, the funicula tram, and even a lift, all on the same ticket. As far as the hotel is concerned they provide a good breakfast included in the price and the rooms are clean and functional, bearing in mind what you paid. There is an atmospheric bar/restaurant with panoramic views, but the meals are very limited. The bar shuts at 11 prompt because Jose has to do the early shift next day, and I think the hotel misses a trick here and could make more money by being more flexible. Still there is the Hungry Hippo nightclub around the corner which one of our party, Colin, used frequently. All in all a very good place to stay!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank RaymonH

Edmonton
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2009

I agree with the reviewer who says do not stay here -- it starts with rude front desk people who throw your key at you, and couldn't care less about any problem you may have. The hotel has had no money spent on it in dozens of years. The rooms are dingy and shabby, but clean. Dated in all respects. Few restaurants in the vicinity. Reasonably quiet. Breakfast is good on the 10th floor. Internet access is way overpriced!

The major issue is that no one on staff cares. If you get a good room, good for you, but if you don't....

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cdntraveler123
Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Eduardo VII for your stay in Lisbon, and we are sad to know that you have had some disapointments during your stay.

Excellence of service has always been a priority for us, especially within reception which is most of the time, the face of the hotel towards the client.

As well, nowadays we have free wi-fi in all of the hotel.

Best regards.

Travellers are raving about these Lisbon hotels

North Wales
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2009

This hotel is well-located and cheap. And that's about it. Our room was clean enough but well-shabby. Perfectly adequate for newly-arrived stateless persons -but hardly comparable with your average Travelodge. On arrival, and after giving in to a brief weep, I sought a safe home for, what passes in our family for the crown jewels. Thats when I found the room safe came with a daily 2.5eu access charge -and no facilities at reception for storing valuables. The extortion continued with WiFi access (critical as it happened) Fortunately, with a fifth-floor location, we were able to hitch a ride on another hotel's free access.

Emergency evacuation procedures, including a suggestion that fire-escapees make for the roof -and a bathroom sink with a determinedly unsealable plug-hole, confirmed that our 5 night stay might be a hairy experience.

The self-service breakfast, served in the 10th floor restaurant was mediocre by Euro standards. Jaw-defying, tough oranges were accompanied by recycled breads and fonts of insipid, powder-made fruit juice. The grim show was just about saved by unlimited coffee of a superb standard.

Lifts were essential -and the management had thoughfully provided two. They were telephone kiosk-sized boxes that looked designed for thirties- style casual intimacy. I suspect that most of the screams we overheard came from from the faint-hearted as various bits of wall and clothes-trapping door furniture flashed by on two sides.

If the next Lisbon earthquake drops this one, methinks there'll be few tears. For sure, I'll not be inside. Despite this charmless and utterly forgettable accommodation experience, we found Lisbon and the Portuguese people right on our wavelength -except for the twerp who nicked a rucksack at my feet, whilst I took a beer at the pavement cafe outside the hotel.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you so much for choosing Hotel Eduardo VII for your stay in Lisbon, and for taking the time to evaluate our product and services.

We are desolated that you did not find your experience pleasant, and can assure you that since your last stay we improved some aspects of your service including free wi-fi in all of the hotel, and better products for breakfast.

We hope to welcome you again in the near future, so we can give you a more pleasant experience.

NYC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2009

Where do I begin? In the middle of no-where location? Rude front desk staff? Disgusting cramped, dark corridors? Non-existent A/C in the room which is small, dark and dingy?
I am a seasoned traveller, and I have stayed at some pretty sketchy places on a tight budget, but please, spend some extra cash and go somehwere else, that's what I did: within 1 hr after I had checked in. Ofcourse, they still charged me one night's rent!
I couldn't believe they actually had the nerve to send a "technician" to check-out the A/C after I complaind abt the room being too hot despite the A/C having been on for an hr.
Ofcourse I was gleefully told "it works". Yeah right. The best thing I did was leave. That first night's rent: SUNK COST.
Just so you know: in all my yrs of globe trotting, I have NEVER EVER checked out of a hotel right after checking in!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Eduardo VII for your stay in Lisbon, and for taking the time to evaluate us.

Since your last visit we have changed management and can assure you that the hotel service has substantually improved, including better training at the reception staff, free wi-fi in all of the hotel and updating and refurbishing of the hotel rooms and equipment.

We hope to welcome you again in the future, so we can provide you a better experience with us.