Olaias Park Hotel
  • Breakfast included
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
1,100 results
All reviewsmetro stationvasco da gama bridgeclose to the airportcity centreriver viewswimming pool isbuffet breakfast isdecent hotelgreen linecomfortable hotelgood sizevisit lisbonshort staysuperior roompastriespublic transportsupermarket
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 May 2008

We stayed in Altis Park for one week. The hotel is not near to the city centre but a metro station is just outside of the hotel so you will need about 15-20 minutes to rich the city centre. It's not a new hotel but if you could find a price around to 70 Euro it's certain a good deal to choose this hotel.
I decided to write this review because even I travel a lot, first time I found a so friendly staff in a hotel! Especially the men who work’s in the entrance of the hotel are so friendly and scheduled and they impressed me a lot.
If you are thinking to visit Lisbon I certainly advise to take the decision. Is one of the most beautiful towns in Europe, and if you could find a good deal For Altis Park Hotel, don’t be afraid to choose this hotel.
Great memories from Lisbon and from the staff of Altis Park Hotel.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled solo
1  Thank jimakos
Reviewed 3 April 2008

This hotel is about halfway between Lisbon airport and downtown (old city).
Plus points:-
- About 10 mins taxi ride from airport and 10-15mins to downtown
- Metro station (Olaias) is directly opposite hotel
- Good views of city and river from upper floors
- clean rooms and friendly hotel staff
- moderately priced

Minus points:-
- Too far from downtown to walk
- No swimming pool attached to hotel; don't be fooled by website photos, as the pool pictured is a sports club 100m away and it will cost you 10 euros to use the facilities (plus 5 euros to buy swimming cap)
- right next to main road, which is busy and noisy even at night. Traffic noise can be heard from the 10th floor and I'm not even a light sleeper. Might be different from the 17th floor
- No atmosphere - just a standard modern chain hotel
- in room wired internet access, but you have to pay and when I was here there were no access cards available. I think there may be wireless internet reception in the reception area
- not the cheapest hotel for the facilities offered
- buffet breakfast was adequate, but nothing special
- some distance away (20mins taxi) from conference center (Centro Congressos de Lisboa) if you are in Lisbon to attend a meeting there

In summary, unless you have to be based in this part of Lisbon, surely there must be another hotel that can provide all of this and more for a similar price. I was here on a work associated trip (someone else paying), but I wouldn't choose it to stay for my vacation.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank Robert K
Reviewed 16 March 2008

Dine in the Navegadores restaurant at your peril: having arrived on a Wednesday morning, we were exhausted by evening time so decided (against our usual instincts) to try the hotel dining experience, despite the cost.
We were shocked to find the room (contrary to the glossy dressed-up photos in the brochure and the Internet) to have a shabby retirement-style worn out pastel green carpet and mottled walls (a' la "Changing Rooms") which had a distinct 1970s-80s feel to it, not at all what we expected from a supposedly modern 4-star hotel in 2008.
As soon as we sat down we realised what we were possibly in for, but given the location of the hotel, without hopping on the tube, there would have been nowhere else to go except for a fried chicken place nearby (not really what we were looking for) but we gave them the benefit of the doubt hoping the food would transcend the quality of the environment.
The cover consisted of bread, pre-packaged tuna pate and 2 sachets of garlic butter and plain butter, followed by 2 chewy fried samosas and 2 deep-fried meat croquettes (clearly both microwaved). This did not bode well for the main course: the bacalhau and Portuguese-style steak were both tiny and only came served with potatoes. The presentation was poor (both served in a small, grubby round dish).
The biggest farce was the dessert though. I ordered traditional pasteis de nata which was fine, however they seemed completely thrown by an order for cheese, which was on the menu itself for €8, twice the price of any other dessert. When asked what cheeses were available the waitress replied "yellow cheese" and "cheap cheese" (no joke). My pasteis arrived which was fine, and then we were on for a good 20-minute wait for the cheese. When it finally arrived, it was literally a plate of cheese, no crackers, no grapes, no butter, no trimmings. Hilarious! They obviously didn't understand how to serve it, so why have it on the menu for €8?
To sum up: €63 - 2 covers, 1 x bottle of house wine, 1 x soft drink, 2 x mains, 2 x desserts.
By complete contrast, the following night we dined at a cute little back-street restaurant in town, had fresh soup, fish, heaped plates of fresh salad followed by dessert and coffee, and spent a total of €15 and were completely stuffed.

Stayed: March 2008
Reviewed 11 December 2007

We were a bit nervous about arriving last w/end for our company Christmas party with 16 guests after reading pevious reviews on this site
However, we were delighted with the welcome from the friendly multilingual concierge and Rui on reception who couldn't do enough to make our stay a happy one.

The rooms were excellent and the breakfast buffet very good.All this for an exceptional 80 euros per twin room inc breakfast WOW! Search the net for the great deal we had!.

Plus the Metro right outside meaning you could be anywhere in the city within a few minutes.

Go on, give it a go!

Stayed: December 2007
Reviewed 27 November 2007

This is quite possibly the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. We arrived late after booking through a website that we use all the time and have never had trouble with. When we arrived the lady at the front desk claimed she didn't receive our booking (even though we had a print out with the confirmation number etc). She then threw a fit because some mistake was made and they were "fully booked" and made us feel like we had done something wrong! I was so shocked with her rudeness - I have never experienced anything like it in the service industry. I requested a full refund as I was wary of staying in a hotel with such incredibly rude staff and was told this wasn't possible. We were then put in a smoking room which where the air circulation was dreadful - resulting in very dry throats!

The buffet breakfast (free with our accommodation - another thing the woman was angry about) was so bad that we didn't go back after the first morning. The food was dreadful and it was so packed we had trouble finding a table.

All staff at the hotel were very rude and unprofessional - prehaps they do not pay their employees enough because they had no idea how you should treat a hotel guest. They also charged for strange things - for example, we were charged three euros for asking room service to bring us an ice bucket to chill our wine!

I would absolutely never stay at this hotel again nor will I ever stay at a Golden Tulip hotel which obviously has very low standards.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple