“Beware of carpark scam”
Review of SANA Capitol Hotel

SANA Capitol Hotel
Ranked #66 of 253 Hotels in Lisbon
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

the hotel is in a good location and we received a huge room with 2 tvs and a balcony.we had to leave early so we couldnt enjoy the breakfast.shower was good.
we got there at around 19:00 on a saturday with a car,my wife went in to ask where can we park it,the guy at reception hardly even glanced at her and looked at the computer while answering that we can park thr car in the parking lot on the other side of the road for ...get this 15 euros for the night.i said hell no and found a spot right near the meter and she went in again to ask if we have to pay for it and about the hours and suddenly he said "ah you dont need to pay untill 10:00 tomorrow or you can park right on the entrance to the hotel its for hitel staff but its ok!". it almost cost us 15 euros which is 17% of what we paid for the night!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank elasticman1
There are newer reviews for SANA Capitol Hotel

Reviewed 21 April 2014

just back from sana capitol really nice hotel good location airport and city centre bus and metro very close taxi to centre 430 euro airport 10 euro breakfast very nice fresh fruit every morning and plenty to suit everybody hot and cold buffet staff very nice and helpful and looked after us extremely well as it was a special occasion and
left a lovely token in our room thank you for that we will return here again .

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mick m
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Very stylish, clean and cosy Hotel. It deserverd the fourth star! The decor it's superb, I loved the colours, and the detais, as the electrical curtains and blackouts or the shower box. Amenities are superb, for a three star. Near Rotunda Marquês de Pombal, 3 minutes walking to the underground (Marquês de Pombal- yellow and Blue line). And all of this with a very fair price.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank AdrianoBarretoRamos
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Modern. Clean. Convenient location. Nice breakfast buffet. Great value for money. More like a 4 star than a 3. Nice bar area. Just by the tube and only 2 stops away from main city center stop. Highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank MEG331
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I checked out the reviews before making the booking. However, the hotel was better than my expectations.
My cousin and I wanted a hotel that enhanced our experience in Lisbon and the Sana Capitol did that in spades.
Located in the financial district very close to the Marques de Pombal, it was ideal. Thirteen minutes from the airport on Areobus and close to the beginning of all the tour bus routes, the city's attractions and public transport,we were definitely in the right spot.
Our only gripe was that the information found on the hotel website should advise its guests that the Hotel can be difficult to locate,as it is to the rear of the Sana Lisboa, and if you don't know this, it is tricky to find.
Before arriving in the city we downloaded the route from the airport to the hotel on Google Maps and despite being dropped off by the airport bus adjacent to the right road, it took us 20 minutes of walking up and down to find the hotel. It was only as we were giving up hope and decided to ask the porter outside the Sana Lisboa, we were guided through the lobby to the rear. There outside on the opposite side of a small quiet road was to the Sana Capitol. Therefore, we would suggest the hotel updates its information and advise that if you choose this hotel, please use the Sana Lisboa as your landmark.
The hotel itself was modern, contemporary and inviting, with free wifi available for all guests.
The room we stayed in was located on the 6th floor and was spacious and well decorated with a good choice of channels with subtitles on the wall hung LCD TV, a couch, balcony and a generous sized room and bathroom.
If, like us you enjoy a nice drink before heading out or while chilling in the evening, an ice machine can be found on the lower floor.
We opted for a bed and breakfast stay. The breakfast room is located on the lower floor and offered a hot and cold buffet, with a good variety. The hot choices were also changed on a daily basis.
The hotel staff were extremely helpful, friendly and attentive.
Overall we loved our adventure in the city of Lisbon and our stay at the Sana Capitol was superb. The Sana Capitol definitely gets a thumbs up - all the way!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Neks
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights where we found the room was exactly what we needed. Very stylish room but slightly small. Very clean and cozy while the staff (who spoke English excellently) were more than happy to help and even enjoyed a few laughs with us. The location is brilliant for metro stop or nice 15 min walk into the city centre. Was very affordable too with breakfast included. Would definitely go back again.

1  Thank George T
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I stayed at SANA Capitol for five nights and enjoyed the stay. My room was VERY cozy but it worked great for me and I'm sure it would have worked also had my wife been traveling with me. All aspects of the hotel were clean and modern. I really enjoyed breakfast. The bar area just off of the main entrance was small but sufficient if you weren't quite ready to call it a night.

The SANA Capitol sits behind the larger SANA Lisboa and was a little tricky to find at first. But as I found my way around I discovered a great restaurant (Andaluz) a short walk away. Well worth the visit. I also found a small grocery store (Minipreço) where I was able to buy water and snacks.

I was able to get in a few good runs by 1) going down Avenida da Liberdade to the historic area and back; 2) hill repeats up the hill (Eduardo VII Park) just to the north of Marques de Pombal square; and 3) along a running trail that is north of the ruins at the top of Eduardo VII Park.

Those familiar with European travel are probably used to not being able to find laundry facilities, but I was not fully prepared. There are no laundry facilities on site and no laundromats (I was told by the hotel staff that this was not their custom). The guy at the hotel front desk said he could get my clothes washed but it would be 3E per item.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business