Pestana Palace Lisboa
  • Breakfast included
US$155
US$133
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express Lisbon Oeiras(Lisbon)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$204
US$184
Agoda.com
2,055 results
All reviewsmain buildingnational monumentvalle flornew wingoutdoor poolpublic roomsgarden viewtagus riveramazing hoteltaxi ridebeautiful roomcity centrevisiting lisbonpublic transportpastriesspataxis
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 November 2011

I stayed four nights at this legendary hotel when I was in Lisbon for work. My only real complaint is the location, which was further away from the centre of Lisbon than any tourist might like—though, to their credit, they run a shuttle hourly, right into the middle of things.

The staff was truly excellent. The room was incredibly comfortable and the hotel itself is absolutely beautiful, with history in just the right places, but still, a relatively modern and well-appointed guestroom. Highlight for me was the breakfast buffet in the morning, which was a true feast.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 November 2011

Spent 4 nights in this very palatial property. The Hotel is situated approx 15 mins from Lisbon centre. We used the relaxing pool facilities in the morning , in the afternoon we availed the hotel shuttle bus to bring us into Lisbon. There we spent the late afternoon/evening shight seeing, shopping and enjoying an evening meal. We also enjoyed an evening meal in the Pestana palace.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the lovely gardens
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Freshblue1
Reviewed 17 October 2011

I stayed at the Pestana Palace mid October with my wife for 5 nights. It is around a a 15-20 minute drive from Lisbon airport and a couple of miles, by tram / bus / inexpensive taxi, from the centre of Lisbon. The surrounding neighbourhood is quiet.

Check-in was a bit slow and I was surprised when the receptionist berated the customer in-front for booking through an agency rather than direct. However the one we had was very courteous and knowledgeable of the hotel’s history when showing us to our room.

The palace part of the hotel is very elegant with beautiful public rooms and dining / bar area.

Most of the accommodation rooms are in two modern wings attached to the palace. They are clean, comfortable, well sized and air-conditioned. We booked one overlooking the garden but without patio. The bed was great! Only drawback was no coffee maker and iron.

Staff in the hotel were in the main were very friendly, attentive, helpful and spoke excellent English. Breakfast, included on our tariff, was excellent apart from staff a bit unattentive regading the serving of coffee in a morning.

Like all 5* hotels the prices for incidentals are expensive. Cocktail’s on the terrace on a warm sunny evening I’m fine to pay the premium price for but water from your room mini-bar not so much. Anyway we found some shops a few minutes away selling basics like bottled water.

We enjoyed one afternoon at the pool but did not partake in the spa treatments.

Overall I really enjoyed it and we would return. Not sure whether it really is a 5* hotel globally but it certainly has comfort, charm, romance, a sense of history and beauty.

Room Tip: Ask for a on the 1st or 2nd floor overlooking the garden
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank AndrewOfSaunderton
Reviewed 11 October 2011

I stayed one night at Pestana Palace Hotel and wish I stayed longer. This is a gorgeous property with impeccable service and stunning grounds. The staff were attentive and well-trained. Within 30 minutes of checking in, everyone was calling me by name.

My standard room was spacious, the bathroom luxurious and amenities top-notch. One small complaint, I couldn't get the room cooled to my level of satisfaction. I have read other reviews mentioning the same complaint so I would hope to have this resolved at some time soon. I guess one more complaint, wireless internet is not free. Pestana Palace seems to be the exception as numerous other hotels throughout Lisbon offer complimentary WIFI and I think a property of this caliber should as well.

Otherwise, I love this property and look forward to small improvements.

The Pestana Palace is truly a destination not to be missed.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank ARubins
Reviewed 9 October 2011

what a beautiful hotel. first of all, the old part of the building is like being in a stately anfd very refined home. the staff are charming, attentive and friendly. the bar provided a very nice piano player, and the breakfast was good. overall a gorgeous place, and apparently the hotel in Lisbon where the stars hang out when in town. lets just hope they have a better sense of orientation: the only downside to the hotel is getting lost in its labyrinthian corridors - with badly signposted directions.

• Stayed: October 2011