“Excellent Is An Understatement”
Review of Hotel Real Parque

Hotel Real Parque
Ranked #110 of 248 Hotels in Lisbon
Amersham, United Kingdom
“Excellent Is An Understatement”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I am a person who travels regularly and I must say out of all my trips to Europe this is the best hotel I have ever stayed in. When I arrived I was checked-in without any issue and for the first time I had the experience of somebody offering to take my luggage up for me.

And my room was also of excellent standard. Very tidy, maintained and a really good view from the balcony. Also the reception desk was prompt in informing me about a tour guide that had arrived to pick me up as well. I seriously cannot find a way to fault this hotel.

What impressed me the most was when I decided to visit The Sports Bar for my dinner. The waitress working there (think her name was Claudia but not sure) at the time welcomed me warmly and even recommended excellent ideas on what I can try out. There was one minor issue which was my room safe wasn't functional, however that did not affect me in any way and would be more than happy to stay here again should I return to Lisbon.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank 4ThWaller

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 February 2014

The hotel was pretty easy to get to and not too far from the centre of Lisbon.
It is a fair walk but quite easily done.
The check in was efficient and quite friendly and room was a good size with plenty of wardrobe space and hangers and a good , comfortable bed.
The bathroom was clean and modern ...shower curtain over the bath was a little annoying but not a major thing!
I did not try the hotel breakfast as I was out quite early for two days of my trip and the other day I found a fantastic little bakery [out of the hotel doors and turn left...slightly down the hill, cross the road to the right and it is just there on the left hand side of the road!] . Coffee was only 80 cents and the pastries were incredible and so cheap! Cannot recommend it enough!
The hotel reception staff were helpful and the rooms cleaned and made up very well.
Check out was easy and efficient and they called me a taxi from the place next door to get me to the airport and told me how much it was likely to be.
Very enjoyable stay and Lisbon is a beautiful and friendly city.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank zadeanders
wales
Reviewed 14 February 2014

I saw a lot of negative reviews about this hotel after the holiday was booked that i was getting a little worried.We were greeted by friendly reception staff who were very helpful during our stay.The sports bar was a nice place for a drink after a long day,and the girls there were great.Nice big room,very clean,comfy bed,could`nt ask for more.We ate at the hotel on our final evening and really enjoyed it,we had a meal at the bar as well which was equally good.The metro is five mins away and easy to use,Sao Sebastiao is the last stop on the red line from the airport.We enjoyed our stay at this hotel and would stay here on our next visit to Lisbon.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank karinaWales
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed 7 February 2014

The hotel is easy to find, I saw it firstly from the plane. It's located near Sao Sebastiao underground station. From there you could reach it by 5 minutes walking.
I had a spacious room with good wi-fi connection and nice view over the city worth its price.

For hotel's guests there are just two lifts. If you have your room at the last stage like me you should be patient. It's overcrowded at the time of mornning rush!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ianvss
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I stayed here the first week in December, the location is great, very close to 2 metro stops, Saldahna and San Sebastiao, we used San Sebastiao most of the time. The hotel lobby is decent enough and staff are pleasant. The room was basic with a noticeable draft coming in through the window, the curtains had to be closed most of the time to stop this and the heating was required at night. The bed was very noisy and uncomfortable, the bathroom was clean but not very well lit. I read Tripadvisior reviews before booking this hotel, based on the reviews I expected better, maybe I was unlucky with my room. I did get the hotel at an very good rate, I think this is a good example of you get what you pay for.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank angmacl
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 December 2013

Good Metro connections on two lines within 10 mins walking - €1;40 for a single journey and €6 for a 24 hour ticket so you can escape the city centre hustle and bustle and still be in the city .
I say this before I mention the Hotel and its facilities as I like to suss out the travel before arranging for Hotels and this one fitted the bill that way .
Our Hotel was a 4 star and fully merited it's rating .
we were on the 6th floor and had a twin room with a mini bar flat screen TV a large toilet with duvet and a bath and shower .
Room spotless and cleaned meticulously by the staff .
The Breakfast too was served from 7 am and had a vast variety of hot and cold buffet .
Ther was always scrambled eggs streaky bacon and some days sausages and on other Quiche also hot and baked beans too .
As I am British I found that this set me up for the day with unlimited tea coffee and toast and rolls too .
Also plenty of variety for the continental style breakfast .
the hotel also does and excellent €15- 3 course meal ..
We paid only £43 a night x 4 nights ( including breakfast) and could not quibble with that as it is excellent value
There is a Chinese Buffet just across the street to and for €8 you can eat as much as you can - it was busy on the night we popped in and found the food ok .
there is also lots of very reasonable eateries nearby - loved the Hotel loved the city and would certainly go back to this Hotel again

Room Tip: Was on the 6th floor and had no problems whatsoever on that floor but again I feel sure that if I wa...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
7 Thank lbees
Hoteis_Real_Lis, Gerente at Hotel Real Parque, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Dear guest,

It is overwhelming and really gratifying to see how satisfied you were with our service, this is definitely the biggest compliment we can hope for, especially when you say you would return.
Thank you also for pointing out the details of our service, which will be very helpful for future guests,

We look forward to welcome you again, hopefully soon, for another excellent experience at the Real Parque Hotel.

Kind regards,
Jorge Neves
Horta, Portugal
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Close to the city centre by metro.
Rooms are average size, clean, well kept and free wifi throughout all of the hotel.
Didn't have breakfast included, so cannot comment.
We paid 40 euros per night, which is great for this type of hotel.
Would stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

We are happy that you have had a thoroughly enjoyable stay with us!
Thank you so much for your review and we look forward to welcoming you again, hopefully soon, to the Real Parque Hotel.

Kind regards,