“Simply exquisite”

Four Seasons Hotel Ritz Lisbon
Ranked #22 of 255 Hotels in Lisbon
Reviewed 28 April 2012

We would return to Lisbon just to stay at this hotel again. The dazzling floral arrangements and commissioned art works in the lobby are breathtaking, and there was no letdown when we arrived in our room: its small veranda had a table for two overlooking a lovely park. The bed was blissful after a full day of walking through this hilly city. Our huge marble bathroom was larger than some hotel rooms I have booked in Paris. Don't miss the top-floor fitness center--the outdoor track has a stunning 360-degree view of the city and its port. And do get the full American room service breakfast.....it is sumptuous. All this, and a gracious staff, too. Worth every euro of the cost.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a veranda overlooking the park, or one with a view of the water.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TandyTake
PRFSRitzLisbon, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Ritz Lisbon, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2012

Ola!

We were so excited file reading your review! Words like yours make our day!

I personally have to agree with you the two things you mentioned the floral arrangements and commissioned art works in the lobby are in fact breathtaking!
We are looking into making a Art guide so that our guests can enjoy our museum caliber art collection.
I hope to have it ready when you next visit.

Reviewed 27 April 2012

Yes, it costs more but if you've got it, spend it here. Beautiful room and fabulous service. It's a buy out of the center of the city so it's peaceful and it's a $5.00 cab ride just about anywhere. Restaurant Bocca is good and two blocks away. Hotel dining delicious but Very, Very expensive,
Pool is unbelievably nice.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kathleen W

Ola Kathleen,

We are grateful for your review and stay with us!
I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with and hope to welcome you again in the future!

Reviewed 22 April 2012

We brought our family of five recently to this beautiful hotel. The staff was so helpful and welcoming. They made our kids feel special. The manager kindly upgraded our family to a beautiful suite and made our vacation spectacular! Food in the bar and restaurant was amazing! Definitely worth the trip! I hope more Americans take the time to visit Lisbon and Portugal. And definitely stay at the Ritz Four Seasons!!!

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank LinnieCam5

Ola Linnie!

What a great review!
I was thrilled to hear that you and you family had a great vacation and that everything was to liking.
I too hope more people come to explore this hidden gem that is Lisbon.

Reviewed 17 April 2012

Four Seasons is a piece of heaven in Lisbon. Wonderful rooms, extraordinary service, excellent views of the city. You will not find this service anywhere else. Special congratulations to Mr Nuno, who is in charge of the breakfast. Although it is a little far from most of touristic attractions, you can easily find a taxi that wil cost about 5 - 6 euros to take you to Bairro Alto. Definetely the best place to stay in Lisbon.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Henrique R

Ola from lisboa,

We are delighted to hear that you had a great stay and that we are for The place to stay in lisbon.
I have shared your review with Nuno as well as the rest of the staff.
We sincerely appreciate your review and recent stay with us.

Reviewed 12 April 2012

I stayed at the Ritz Four Seasons Hotel in Lisbon on holiday over Easter weekend 2012, and I found virtually no fault with the hotel.

It is located just off Edward VII Park, with wonderful views of the Park and Lisbon if your room is on that side of the hotel. It is near the Marques de Pombal roundabout, which makes using the hop on/hop off tour buses extremely easy, as the staging area is located there--literally a three minute walk from the hotel. The Rossio, with the station for trains to Sintra, is an easy and pleasant 15-minute walk from the hotel down the Avenida da Liberdade--slightly reminiscent of the Ramblas in Barcelona but not as touristy. The Barrio Alto, the Chiado and the waterfront are short, inexpensive taxi rides from the hotel.

The public rooms of the Ritz are large but comfortable and attractive--not the grand, heavy gilt and rococo of so many European 5-star hotels but luxurious and elegant in a more modern way, as are the spacious guest rooms. The mattress on my bed was a bit soft for my taste, but of course, that is a matter of individual preference. Bathrooms are slathered in marble as one would expect, with double sinks and a separate wc, shower and tub.

Breakfast in the Varanda can be buffet style or a la carte. The breakfast buffet is not as extensive as some I have seen in other hotels, but it is more than adequate and delicious, and an omlet station was available one morning of my stay but not the other two days. Nevertheless, the service in the restaurant is impeccable, as it is in the rest of the hotel. The front desk staff and concierge (Danielle?) were particularly pleasant. One had the impression they actually enjoyed being helpful to visitors.

I have stayed at one other luxury hotel in Lisbon on a previous visit, and the Ritz tops it hands down. My only criticism of the Ritz concerns using the internet service in the hotel. There is a separate, 14-euro per day charge for internet service at the hotel. When one is paying more than $500 per night for a hotel room, shouldn't the internet service be included automatically? Charging for it separately strikes me as greedy in the extreme--hotels greedy for money, who would have suspected it? If the hotel must charge for the service, then it should add it to the cost of the room from the start and include the service with the room automatically. It strikes me as unseemly to charge extra for such a common service, as the Ritz does. Would an extra bar of soap or turn-down service be charged separately?

This, however, is a very minor criticism when compared to the comfort, serene atmosphere and excellent service of the hotel, and I would not hesitate to stay at the Ritz Four Seasons Hotel on my next visit to Lisbon or to recommend it without reservation.

Room Tip: Ask for a room parkside. The views from the ninth floor are magnificent, day and night.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mkblev

Ola!

It is great to see that you profile picture is at our very own Terreiro do Paço!

It was a pleasure to read your review and I was happy to know that you had an extraordinary experience with us.
I have read your internet comments as well and have shared them with my management team.

Thank you for your review and recent stay with us.

Reviewed 12 April 2012

A great hotel with fabulous views from Delux rooms of the park and city skyline including the fortress, service & decor all excellent. Pool and spa area sublimely relaxing! Lisbon is a wonderful city for a short break and staying here really made it a memorable holiday. Staff very attentive and courteous. Breakfasts are in a very grand dinning area with views of the park, a wonderful way to start the day. All in all highly recommended.

Room Tip: Only one side of the hotel (delux rooms I imagine) offer park views
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Patrick C
PRFSRitzLisbon, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Ritz Lisbon, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2012

Ola Patrick C,

Thank you for your wonderful words and for your recent stay with us.
I have shared your comments with our staff. It was great to know that you found the Hotel excellent all round! That is what we aim for!

We hope to see you in Lisbon again in the near future.

Reviewed 9 April 2012

I was on a business trip last week and ate lunch at the bar in the FS - as a regular customer of the FS brand globally - I was not staying at the hotel however - The staff were all very courteous, the hotel very clean and I had a very pleasant lunch in the bar. Sadly for those of us who dont like cigarette smoke - the smoking area was not in another room so cigar and cigarette smoke wafted across to the area where the non smokers sat - despite ECC regulations on Smoking - Ive noticed this in other hotels in Portugal too - eg Smoking IS allowed indoors ! It spoils the atmosphere for me and perhaps others and a dedicated cigar,smoking room is needed. That said everything else was very good in my short visit .I presume in the warmer months the Terrace is better - but again i wouldnt want to sit next to smokers there either !

Room Tip: Taxi to airport is only 15 mins ---- There is a great shopping store El Cortes 5 mins taxi ride ( t...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Ola!

Thank you for joining us for lunch at our bar.
I was happy to read the you enjoyed our service and food.
I completely understand the smoking situation, it is one we are currently working on. It seems new legislation is to be approved and will ban smoking from all indoor and out door eating spaces.
We do hope when you next visit to have this all sorted out.