“Excellent Room, Service and Food”

Four Seasons Hotel Ritz Lisbon
Ranked #18 of 251 Hotels in Lisbon
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Excellent Room, Service and Food”
Reviewed 10 June 2012

My boyfriend and I recently stayed at the Four Seasons for three nights. We had a room on the fifth floor with a view from our balcony over the park.

The room was nicely decorated and generously sized with a big balcony that caught the sun in the mornings. We had a bathroom with shower, bath, two sinks and Occitane toiletries.

Every morning I visited the gym on the top floor with magnificant views over the city. The gym is big and well equipped with a range of free drinks to rehydrate throughout your work out. Unfortunately the outdoor running track was being refurbished while we were there, I'd have loved to have done a couple of laps!

There is also a small business room, with laptops for use and printing, along with still and sparkling water while you work. We also ventured to the indoor pool area which was beautiful with big loungers and fantastic changing rooms with a wide range of toiletries. I didn't actually go in the pool though as the water was too much on the cold side for me, a couple of degrees warmer would have been perfect since I'm more of a bob around in the water type person rather than doing laps!

The real thing that sets this hotel apart is the service. Every single staff member we encountered were so helpful and attentive, without being overbearing.

Breakfast in the dining room had a good selection of continental and cooked items. My other half had a daily omelette made for him that he raved about. We took dinner one evening and it was just amazing. I highly commend the cheese raviolli starter, it doesn't sound much but the taste was out of this world! Again, service was impeccable.

I was really impressed with this hotel, they have perfected their product and it was an absolute joy to stay here.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank MintTea
PRFSRitzLisbon, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Ritz Lisbon, responded to this review, 20 June 2012
Ola!

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to review our property.
It is a pleasure to know that we met your expectations at various levels and that the room was nicely decorated and generously sized with a big balcony that caught the sun in the mornings.

On your next stay the running track will be in top shape and ready for you, but I am glad that the gym was big and well equipped with a range of free drinks to rehydrate throughout your work out.

Quoting you "The real thing that sets this hotel apart is the service. Every single staff member we encountered were so helpful and attentive..." this is what we strive for and to read this sentence it just brings a smile to our faces. I will share this with our staff.
We hope to see you in lisbon before too long.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Tennessee
Reviewed 9 June 2012

My husband and I stayed in room 532. It was huge and beautiful with a wonderful balcony with view of city. It had twin beds beside each other which were very comfortable. They had turn down ever night. Our bathroom was marble with a tub and seperate shower. The shower had a rainfall which was soothing. The only complaint about the room that I have was that the water temperature would not stay consistant. It would go from hot one minute to cold the next. Other then this everything else was wonderful. The staff were very nice and meals were good also.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Ola!
I was happy to read that you enjoyed your room and found it beautiful with a wonderful balcony and view of city.
We have registered your complaint about the water temperature our maintenance team are looking into it and on your next stay I am sure it will be consistent.
Thank you for your comments and recent stay with us.
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 8 June 2012

it prety much follows the FS standard throughout the world. Not over the top luxurious, but very solid and reliable. It's very well located in Lisbon and is set on the building of the former Ritz Hotel, family owned. You don't give much by the looks outside, but it's very classy on the inside - not modern, but traditional and good taste.
Breakfast is great and also the room where it's served. I was upgraded to a huge suite with over 120m² and 3 terraces. service is impecable, front desk and concierge could not be nicer and more helpful. I didn't try the SPA, but it looks amazing! The gym on the rooftop has great views of Lisbon and is well equiped, although a bit old.
I would definitelly consider it next time I'm in Lisbon.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Ola from lisboa!
We were delighted to read the you enjoyed your stay with us, specially that breakfast is great and also the service is impecable, front desk and concierge could not have been nicer and more helpful.
We hope to host you again soon and that next time you get to experience the Spa!
Paris, France
Reviewed 6 June 2012

everything was perfect ! really ... and a warm and nice welcome from all the staff
a wonderful and helpful concierge...

you feel better than being home.
could we give a six star label ?

Room Tip: with view on the east side of lisbon
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jacques L
Ola!
We appreciate your recent stay and your comments.
Your review is really pleasure to read!
Happy that you stay was great and that you received a a warm and nice welcome from all the staff
ad found a wonderful and helpful concierge.
I second your motion on giving our Hotel a six star label!
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 2 June 2012

Having stayed at the Four Seasons Florence last year, the Ritz Four Seasons Lisbon had a lot to live up to. The Florence hotel was top-notch.

I was very impressed with the service. I had asked for transportation from the airport to the hotel, and the driver was there waiting for me. I got in very early and was just expecting to be able to drop off my luggage in storage so I could start seeing Lisbon. Instead, even though it was only about 9:45 when I got to the hotel, the front desk staff let me actually check in and go to my room as soon as I got there. After a long trip with two different airport stops, it was great to be able to get into my room early and freshen up before going out and visiting the city.

I cannot say enough good things about the front desk service. They were always pleasant to talk to, courteous and efficient every time I asked for something. I never had to wait long, and they always seemed happy to talk to me.

My room was nice. It was a junior suite. I do wish that I had a better view, but hey, you can't have everything. The air conditioning was a bit tough to control; it would cool the room quickly sometimes, to the point where I had to put it up to the maximum temperature just to get the temperature back up to a level where I didn't freeze. But that problem only lasted for a day then I got the hang of things.

Breakfast was good, and I appreciated that the package I was offered allowed for either a complimentary buffet OR complimentary room service. I opted for room service, and enjoyed the food tremendously.

The only thing I wasn't as impressed with was room service. While service was prompt and very courteous, one time they forgot the butter for the bread, and another time I ordered apple crumble and they brought creme brulee. Just minor things, but at a hotel with a reputation for quality, a bit of quality control could be used when they bring the tray up to the room.

Overall, the experience at the hotel was great. And be sure to visit the fitness room even if you don't plan on using it. The views are incredible.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Poopycat
Ola from Lisbon.
Thank you for your stay and comments. I have shared your compliments of our staff with them and they were very pleased. I was concerned to hear about the air-conditioning and about the room service experience. Please know that we are looking into this and hope to improve it by your next stay.
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed 25 May 2012

Stayed at the Ritz Four Seasons Hotel in Lisbon with a tour group traveling through Portugal and Southern Spain this May, 2012. The hotel staff was extremely helpful and the wait staff during the bountiful buffet breakfast was attentive and there for your every need. Kudos to those in the restaurant for doing such a good job. Lovely breakfast and good dinners as well.

The rooms were large and clean and had nice fluffy towels. The location of the hotel was not the best; however, taxi service was plentiful and relatively inexpensive.

We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank lilifisher
PRFSRitzLisbon, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Ritz Lisbon, responded to this review, 1 June 2012
Ola!

We are grateful for your recent stay and for taking the time to review our property.
We are delighted that our staff was extremely helpful and the buffet breakfast was much to your liking. I have shared your comments with our staff.
It was also good to know that you found our rooms large and clean and had nice fluffy towels. We are sorry that you found that our location was not the best, but happy that this was overcome and not a hassle- taxi service was plentiful and relatively inexpensive.

We hope to see you in Lisbon again.
Jackson, Wyoming
Reviewed 23 May 2012

A truly top hotel. The staff and service could not have been better. This was greatly appreciated since we were making our first visit to Lisbon (and to Portugal, for that matter).

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Ola from lisbon!

I hope that this was the first of many visits.
I was happy to read that the staff and service could not have been better!
Thank you for your review and recent stay with us.