“old-fashioned luxury, space and style”

Four Seasons Hotel Ritz Lisbon
Ranked #19 of 248 Hotels in Lisbon
amsterdam
“old-fashioned luxury, space and style”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Situated on top of a hill with stunning views of Lisbon, the river and brigdes (especially from the top floor where the very large and well-equipped gym and pool are located), this hotel oozes charm, style and luxury. The hall is large, stylish and has an excellent big terrace. In fact, everything is large about this hotel: the corridords are exceptionally wide, the rooms spacious and the bathrooms have a separate shower, bidet, two washbasins and a bath of course, all in pink marble. Each bedroom has a large balcony, sporting great views (ask for a view on the park!). Rooms are quiet (including the airconditioning system), very clean and well-maintained with very comfortable beds. Wifi is free. Service is unobtrusive but excellent. Although not in the center of town, almost any place of interest is a 10-.15 min cab ride away.The hotel is not cheap, certainly not for Portugese standards, but the price is worth it. All in all, a great hotel and a must for lovers of old-fashioned luxury and style.

Room Tip: ask for a park view room
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
PRFSRitzLisbon, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Ritz Lisbon, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Bom dia!

Thank you for your great feedback, we're lovers of old-fashioned luxury and style too! We're very happy to know that you enjoyed the spacious areas of the hotel, especially the rooftop fitness centre.
To be "unobtrusive but excellent" is exactly the goal of our service and we're glad we achieved it with you, and we're also very glad that our decoration was to your liking.

We hope to see you again soon,

Obrigado!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I had an amazing stay at The Ritz Four Seasons Lisbon earlier in August.

It was just an incredible experience. The service and accommodations were unparallel living up to the Four Seasons brand worldwide.

I loved the location. It was a wonderful walk from the busy downtown district. It's nice after a long day to get away from all the hustle and bustle of downtown Lisbon. It's quiet and a nice walk for someone who wants a nice walk after a long day of site seeing. It's located at the top of one the many hills in Lisbon's city center just close to everything. Wonderful museums and fantastic dining. The subway is very close and only a few stops from the high-end Bairro Alto district.

The Ritz team was fantastic. The concierge team especially booked many of my excursions and dining arrangements in advance. I big thank you to Paula, Felipa, and Francisco. I had contacted the team weeks in advance. As a single traveler, it was nice to have everything arranged in advance. The front office management (Helena) and her team was highly organized and anticipated so many needs for all the travelers. It's not easy managing so many different types of visitors. Everyone was handled personally and with the highest level of professionalism in the hospitality business.

The Deluxe Room was probably the best room I've seen in Europe. The furnishings were in blue (my favorite color) and the bathrooms were re-done in a beautiful marble. The halls were quiet and were well secured in the evenings. The views were the best in Lisbon.

The dining facilities were top notch and the highest quality of service. I enjoyed the Ritz Bar staff. They were very friendly and remembered my name. I mostly dined at the Ritz Bar as it was more economical and easier as a single traveler. On my last night I decided to have a formal sit-down dinner outside in the terrace area. It was like having my own private dining experience. I was the only table outside ordering dinner. The service was amazing. Even the nice attendant from the Veranda gave me a glass of champagne and let me walk around the grounds passing through the Veranda. The friendly lead remembered my nightly tea order and included a small custard dessert for me to take back to my room. My only idea would be to have a small continental breakfast menu in the Ritz Bar for those on the go or who cannot stay to enjoy a wonderful buffet at the Veranda.

Most afternoons there was live music (piano) and the lobby was quiet. I did not see many kids and if I did, they were well behaved.

Finally, I cannot forget Room Service. I had most of my meals (outside of dinner) in my room. It was the best. They were on time every morning right on time. The quality of the meals (especially ordering a late breakfast after Noon) was great. The fruits were fresh from Brazil and through out Europe. The cherries were wonderful. The coffee was fantastic. I often ordered ala carte as the portions served were quite large for one person.

I simply did not want to leave The Ritz Four Seasons Lisbon! Again, all the attention to details and the small gestures make The Ritz Four Seasons Lisbon the best accommodations in Portugal. I would have stayed longer in Lisbon as there is a lot to see and do. Next time I do want to spend more time in the hotel to enjoy all the wonderful amenities and accommodations.

Thank you again to the entire team for making my very first visit to Portugal enjoyable and memorable! I will be back!

Todd P.
Los Angeles, California, USA

Room Tip: Deluxe Rooms have amazing views of the city. Every floor is fantastic!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank T J
PRFSRitzLisbon, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Ritz Lisbon, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Bom dia!

Thank you for your wonderful review, it is really with great pleasure that we have read your comments, and great feedback about our friendly concierge, front office, Restaurant staff and Bar staff. Thank you again.

We are also delighted that your meals in the bar, Varanda restaurant and room service were enjoyable, and also that you have experienced our magical city in the best possible way and that you were happy with the location of the Four Seasons Hotel Ritz Lisbon.

We are so glad that you had a memorable stay with us, this is really what we strive for, and hope that your next stay will be a little longer, so that you can get to know our capital even better. We will be sure to keep a blue-themed Deluxe suite for you!

Obrigado
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Ritz Four Seasons Lisbon, Lovely

Our stay here was truly lovely. The very large and gorgrous orchid arrangement in the lobby sets the tone.The hotel has an ambience that is truly relaxing. The staff, at the Front Desk, Anna and her new trainee, was great. Our room on the tenth floor room looking over the Park was well designed ,after requesting an extra chair, to add the small chair that was there. Actually it was replaced with two arm chairs creating a comfortable space in the room. The large patio had a table for two and was perfect for morning coffee. Coffee however was a little problematic, since there is no coffee maker in the room. It was solved solved by the delivery of all the necessities (hot water pot, individual cup maker for coffee and cups) on a room service table which I managed to empty and place strategically other surfaces.. There is coffee in the lobby from 6:00 to 7:00 and if you are using the fitness center there is quite an adequate spread of coffee, juice and muffins in the lounge on the eleventh floor as an amenity until at least 9am.

The fitness center is one of the best I have ever seen. It occupies most of the eleventh floor and includes a running track with a view of the best of Lisbon.

Speaking of amenities, one of the nicest surprises was an amenity of tea, port, candy, little cakes etc., which differed everyday when we returned to our room. I especially liked the mini éclairs which the pastry chef creates for this purpose.

One of the best surprises was the Bar Restaurant. Not only was the food, as the as good as or better than any we had in Portugal, including a Michelin one star, but they had a special promotion of three courses for 42.50 Euros. Individually priced the three courses would have been almost twice that. The waiters were really attentive and I especially recommend the grouper which in Portugal is a white succulent fish unlike Florida grouper. The beef Carpaccio was delicious as was the chocolate cake.

Taxis are cheap and plentiful. Five Euros takes you almost everywhere and we took many. However, if the meter price is inflated by a supplement for something other than luggage it should not be. Ask for a receipt or at least take down the number of the taxi. One we took added 4 Euros. I memorized his number, reported it to the front door and sure enough ,when he returned the next night I was told by another taxi driver he was sent away without a passenger. Most drivers seem to take pride in their work and we had many excellent ones.

We spent five nights here using a free fourth night promotion and took two day trips which made for a perfect mix of city and small seaside town and village life.
I looked at several other five star hotels and all in I still think this is the best in Lisbon.

Room Tip: High floors on the Park side are best!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Bom dia!

Thank you for your wonderful feedback. We are so glad that you had a lovely stay with us and that even in October the weather was nice enough that you could sit on your balcony and enjoy your morning coffee, overlooking the park.

We couldn’t agree more with your feedback on the Fitness Centre, thank you so much! It is certainly the best in the city, and the views of the rooftops, the Castle of São Jorge and the river are truly impressive.

We are of course extremely pleased too that Anna and the rest of the staff helped make your stay memorable, that you liked the amenities, the food in our Varanda restaurant and bar, as well as the little surprises in your room. The mini éclairs are to die for.

Five nights are a great taste of what Lisbon has to offer as well as some of the close-by regions, we are so happy that you were able to enjoy all of it!

Zürich
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We stayed at the Ritz for a long week-end in October, to escape the cold that had already started to creep into other parts of Europe. We chose the Ritz because we wanted to give ourselves a special treat. It's expensive, but very good. The service is excellent, the rooms are generous and spacious, and many rooms have a great view of Lisbon. We found the concierge to be outstanding, very friendly, and very helpful - - we followed just about every one of his recommendations, and were not disappointed any single time. The pool and spa (below the lobby level) and the excellent training facilities / weight room on the rooftop should be taken advantage of! All in all: highly recommended if you can afford it!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Bom dia!

Thank you for your recommendation. We really are fortunate with the weather in Lisbon even in October!
We're delighted to hear that you had a good stay at our hotel, and that our rooms, as well as their views of Lisbon, were to your liking.

We are of course extremely pleased too that the quality of our service met your expectations, and that our concierge tips made your stay in Lisbon even more special. And finally, that you enjoyed the Pool and spa, and the rooftop training facilities, which are truly unique in the city.

We hope to welcome you to our hotel again soon,

Sunnyvale, California
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Loved every minute of my three-day stay at this hotel. Our room was wonderful, with every comfort imaginable. The breakfast buffet was super, and situated in a beautifully decorated room that made it all the more enjoyable. Don't miss their fitness room/spa with a marvelous view of Lisbon while you run their outside track around the perimeter. Their equipment is first class with nothing missed.

Room Tip: I'm certain any room in this hotel will be marvelous.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Bom dia!

Thank you for such a great review. We're very happy to know we made your stay at our hotel a memorable one, and that you enjoyed every minute!

We do pride ourselves in our unique and spacious rooms, and are so glad to hear that you enjoyed yours, and also that you went up to our rooftop Fitness centre, it really is a one-of-a-kind.

Also, we are of course ddelighted to hear that you liked the breakfast buffet. There is no better way to stary your morning in Lisbon.

We look forward to your next visit,

Sarasota
Reviewed 12 October 2013

This hotel lives up to its reputation as a most high end venue . Very spacious rooms and especially spacious bathrooms. Clean, well lighted (in the age of the dreadful fluorescent) and pleasant colors and decorations.

The restaurant scheduled a gourmet meal for a wine and food society that was somewhat delayed in timing for some unknown reason. Since this was not the regular restaurant, I am unable to comment on how the restaurant might function for regular guests.

The room rate while we were there was about 35% of what similar accomodations in Zurich or Paris might have cost. Very good value for money.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Boa tarde!

Thank you for your review. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel, especially the spacious rooms and bathrooms, as well as the decoration and lighting.

We hope that the slight delay with the wine tasting dinner still allowed you to fully enjoy the experience.

We also very much appreciate your comments on the great value for money of our Four Seasons Hotel Ritz Lisbon..

London
Reviewed 10 October 2013

stayed in the 4 seasons for a recent conference. rooms are large and comfortable as one would expect.

running track on the roof a great feature and lovely views over the city too.

only negative is that its a cab-ride from the old town centre, although this is only a few euros/5 mins.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank daytrader33
Bom dia!

Thank you for your review. We're glad you enjoyed our hotel and the spacious, comfortable rooms, and are happy to hear that it was up to par with your expectations.

We are also delighted that you had the opportunity to run on the rooftop track in our Fitness Centre, it really is one of a kind, and the views, arguably the best of Lisbon.

Location-wise, fortunately as you say, a short taxi ride will take you to the bustling old part of town, allowing you to relax back in the hotel.