1,893 results
All reviews running track varanda restaurant fitness center top floor beautiful hotel concierge desk room service indoor pool bit dated deluxe room steam room rooms are large breakfast buffet public areas a wonderful stay spa fs
Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

With my first visit to Lisbon, I looked forward to my four night stay at the Four Seasons Ritz. In all, a few minor lapses in service aside, an enjoyable stay with one exception. By permitting smoking in the hotel's only bar management are demonstrating a complete lack of consideration to the 80%+ of guests who are non-smokers.

More details should you wish...

Firstly, the main detractor. The hotel advertises themselves as 'non smoking' however smoking is permitted in a small section of the open plan bar & it’s casual dining area. With only 2 of ~20 guests smoking cigars, the smell was noticeable from both sides of the bar area as well as areas of the lobby. Having raised my concerns with the Duty Manager they claimed they are “required by law to have a smoking area”. Frankly in 2018 I find this very hard to believe. And even if it were the case, the hotel should have a seperate enclosed area to avoid adversely impacting other guests. Travelling International around 10 weeks per year across Europe and Asia it’s been years since I’ve experienced a similar situation at any premium hotel.

As for the rest of the stay...

Arrival and Room:
Staff were welcoming, with a good orientation of the hotel. The initial room I was assigned seemed to have not been aired in some time (stuffy odour) and all items in the minibar were room temperature. On advising reception, they were apologetic and moved me to a Park View Deluxe King. It was spacious, with good sized balcony, seating area and entrance hallway. Well maintained with the exception of the lighting - nearly all light switches requiring multiple depresses to respond.

Location & facilities:
The hotel is located about 20 mins walk to the city centre. Most tour hop-on/off buses depart from the park in front of the hotel. In terms of facilities, there’s a pool and a rooftop jogging track & good sized fitness centre.

Breakfast:
They had a continental buffet, and small selection of cooked items & eggs to order. The ambience was good - with a pianist playing. Staff were friendly, however service awkward at times - e.g. no staff member to greet me at the entrance on one occasion, not provided with a menu on both occasions, being asked bluntly “what’s your name?” when I asked to room charge.

Dining:
There are two options - casual in the bar area (with bar & Japanese menus) and more formal in the restaurant. Given the smell of smoke lingers, I didn’t feel dining in the bar an option. The restaurant lacked vegetarian options.

Small touches:
Staff frequently refer to you by name from first interaction. Some nice small touches like leaving a hotel-branded bookmark & glass cloth next to my book & reading glasses at turn down.

Minor lapses in Service:
- Bar: a glass sat almost empty in a very quiet bar for over 10 minutes, before I had to approach a waiter for service.
- Doormen: the older gentleman was excellent however the younger ones were not (typically not greeting you unless you did so first, chatting with other staff at the Concierge desk instead of being positioned at the door). Not a good first impression for a premium hotel.
- Housekeeping: did not replenish wine glasses one night, turn down service was inconsistent (alternating between for one person & for two). Room servicing on my second day did not occur until near 3pm though I’d left the room unoccupied from 8am.
- Room service: returning from a full day sightseeing I discovered tea & cakes. On calling room service and indicating I didn’t order it, they advised it was a “complementary amenity of the day”. On indicating it was the first I had received it and this was my third day, and it seemed strange to serve tea when a guest was not in the room, the feedback was lost.

Overall:
The lapses in service were minor, however hotels such as Four Seasons command a significant premium for the service - so it should be exceptional. As I want to enjoy the hotel I stay in and all its facilities, I sadly will not be returning to the Four Season Ritz Lisbon unless their smoking policy changes.

Stayed: January 2018
1  Thank nick164
Reviewed 12 January 2018

My family and I had lovely experience while staying in Lisbon during our family vacation. I will definitely stay at the hotel again whenever I am in Lisbon. The hotel staff makes as much effort as possible to personalize your staying,

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Four Seasons
Reviewed 8 January 2018

My family stayed at the Four Seasons Ritz in Lisbon for a year-end holiday. The hotel is absolutely superb in all respects. The level of service was extraordinary, even for a hotel in this class. The rooms are very spacious; the views are wonderful (we had a 180 degree view clear to the Castelo de San Jorge). Everything works perfectly. The location, which I was concerned about before the visit, worked perfectly: it's a short taxi ride to get anywhere, but far enough away from the crowds and bustle of the main tourist attractions to enable one to relax -- and this is important, given the volume of tourists Lisbon is now attracting. The Concierge was extremely well-informed, and he pointed us to wonderful restaurants that were not in the guidebooks, review lists or other published reference tools -- he was entirely responsible for our dining superbly at very moderate cost (which helps when six people are dining at every meal). I can't believe there's a better place to stay in Lisbon -- the service at this hotel was on a par with the best in France, Italy and Spain.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Four Seasons
1  Thank rhb2018
Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

We are from Lisboa, but we also enjoy to go and see how the top hotels in Lisboa are doing.
Four Seasons Ritz is one of the top two hotels in Lisboa.
You have a very good service, nice spa with a big indoor swimming pool, on the roof top you have a gym and a running track around the top of the building with amazing views of Lisboa.
The bar in The hotel is the best , in terms of service, food and drinks.
The restaurant is ok, 2 to 3 years ago was much much better , they need to improve the buffet at breakfast time and also the buffet at lunch time , price/quality/ diversity you have much better in Lisboa..

Enjoy this classic and luxurious hotel in Lisboa

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

Stayed there for the holidays and had a fantastic experience. Rooms are great and so is the hotel - not to mention the solid building from 1960, an modern architecture gem.
The hotel is not in the middle of center (chiado or bairro alto) where everything usually happens, but is a good 15 minutes walk that sort of forced us to see other areas. The gym on the roof top is one of the bests I saw in a hotel and oversees the entire city, which helps when you’re trying to burn all the pastéis de Belém.
The breakfast was way overpriced (45,00 euros per person) so instead we ate at some great bakery’s nearby.
The concierge are extremely helpful, specially one named Sofia.

I would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: January 2018