“Excelent resort and excelent place to stay...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of HF Fenix Lisboa

HF Fenix Lisboa
Ranked #73 of 247 Hotels in Lisbon
São José do Rio Preto, Brasil
“Excelent resort and excelent place to stay...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

This hotel is very close to the "Marques do Pombal" subway station and in front of the "Marques do Pombal" square. Beyond that, it´s close too to Liberdade Avenue and Edward VII Park. It´s not really located in the old town, but you can walk to reach that about 30 minutes or take the subway. The staff is very attentive. They have a very good restaurant inside. The rooms are confortable, big and clean. I did not need to speak foreing language there, of course, because we brazilians are portuguese speakers, but, as I could see and listen, they all speak english, french or spanish. My family loved the place.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank AndreCunha

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Petrozavodsk, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

1 min away from the Marques Pombal train station. 5 min away from great clothes shops and 10 min from the Amoreiras (pretty big shopping center). We spent very few money to stay there for 4 nights. Breakfast was great! The only disadvantage: we did not find ANY (proper) good place to get lunch/dinner nearby, so we had to go further to the city center :(

Stayed August 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

We were at this hotel during Christmas, we were put on the 6 th floor, windows facing the back of marques de pombal, quite ok hotel, the breakfast staff was fantastic ( a lady and a guy, with always a smile on their lips. )
We had a bad experience on Christmas Eve, around 8 pm, we called down to room service for some toast, a lady answered, I asked if I could order some toast to the room, she answered ' ya' , then she hung up. We lost our appetite after that, my husband went down to the restaurant to check if it was possible to order the toasts, the staffs were very busy and took no notice of him standing at the bar, so we have not eaten at the hotel restaurant since. The staff seems to be polite but not very helpful ranging from reception to the restaurant staff( excepting the breakfast staff who were very friendly )
It started out badly in the first place, the hotel tried to take a prepayment for our booking, for some reason, the transaction did not went through, I got en email informing me that, I called reservation and gave them another card, it was ok, my card was charged , the next day, I got another email informing me that my card was invalid, I called them a couple of times, they did not answer, then I mailed back asking them what the problem was, I was given a tel nr to call, I called and the guy at the other end asked for my name, and said that the booking was ok and it was confirmed, I never got en explanation for that second email.
The location of this hotel is good, if u don't mind taking the metro, but for restaurants and night life, I would choose another hotel, .

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank linC68
Porto, Portugal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

Excelent room and bathroom. A little bit noisy room, face to Marques do Pombal Plaza. The breakfast buffet is very good, and cheap, i only had a compliain about the time we had to wait to have croissant, but the staff was really nice. We had metro in the other side of the hotel. The car park is a great choice if you go by car (9,50 day).

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jifa
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

The hotel itself is very clean and well-furnished. On the small side, but I understand this is typical for Europe. The location is terrific! The metro station is right in front of the hotel and I found it to be a great way to get around. I've never seen such a clean subway system. Be sure to get the breakfast buffet when you book your room-it is well worth the money. Many, many hot and cold choices; a great way to start the day. There is free wi-fi in all the rooms and around the hotel. I did find the front-desk staff to be lacking, however, they are a very small part of the equation. For the money, the location, and the hotel atmosphere itself, it is a winner in my book. I would stay there again. Note to mgmt: SMILE occasionally. Be friendly. Let us know that you DO appreciate our business.

Room Tip: I had a room on the 4th floor, directly above the street, but traffic noise was not bothersome at al...