2,334 results
All reviewsthe club loungetop floorpanorama barspg memberspg pointslobby restaurantglass bathroomsteam roomoutdoor poolper daymodern roomsbusiness districtwater pressureexcellent hotelsubway stationdowntown lisbonpastries
Reviewed 25 March 2012

The Sheraton Lisboa hotel (hereafter SL) is a decent property which I would recommend to professionals in Lisbon for business, but not necessarily for the tourists or those looking for a great treatment. Not that this is a bad property, but there are better options for those wanting to be close to the touristy sites or be pampered the 5-star way. Having said that, we were generally satisfied with our stay and would probably return on our next visit… Despite the wrinkles in the service levels.
The hard product is one of SL’s strong points. While the rooms are not big, they are well furnished with everything working. For someone particular about the quality of shower in hotel rooms, I was pleased with the water pressure and the bath. Amenities are the standard Sheraton ones. The bathroom is clean and bright. The bed is your standard Sweet Sleeper bed, which are fantastic. In a city like Lisbon where you end up doing lots of walking up and down the hills, the soft and wrapping bed at the SL was greatly appreciated.
The common areas are also well equipped with a modern design touch. Parts of SL feel more like a cross between a modern Le Meridien and a W than a Sheraton (e.g. hallways) which I actually liked. Did not visit the pool as it was winter but note that using the pool for the hotel guests is NOT free! The gym is adequate if not a bit lacking. For those who stay in the club level rooms the lounge is at your disposal. The lounge breakfast is satisfactory with two hot items and a morning sparkling wine. They also had egg tarts which I found much better than the famous Bellem ones! It was, however, not staffed outside of breakfast/hors D’Oeuvres and is also very small. Make sure you get in early to get your seats! The evening drinks are, again, satisfactory. Nothing extraordinary but you will be able to relax and enjoy the drinks with windows looking out into the skyline with a nice view of the bridge.
The location of SL is good but not great. It is close to KPMG, Deloitte, Barclays Premier etc but a fair bit away from Rossio, which is the center of gravity for visitors. Nonetheless, it is close to the Picoas metro station from where you can easily reach anywhere. There are also very few (if any) eateries nearby. Bear this in mind and be fed before you return to the hotel! The hotel is a 10 min cab ride away from the express bus terminal (Sete Rios) where you can catch buses to all parts of Portugal and beyond (incl. Madrid). On that note, I should mention that taxis in Lisbon are cheap and plentiful with honest drivers (in general). The way they drive is another story though…
Lastly, the service issue is the cause for the biggest concern at the SL. Some staffs are fantastic, while others are downright rude. The bellhops were great, running out into the rain to fetch us cabs and greeting us in and out. The concierge was very helpful and so was most of the check-in staff. Then there were other staff that seemed like they did not want to interact with other human beings. I approached someone at the reception to ask a quick question to which he, without even looking up, pointed his finger at the bellhop desk and said “go ask them” and continued typing away on his computer. This was perhaps the rudest response we got in all of Portugal! Occasions like this were particularly noticeable because everyone else at SL was eager to help. The staffs at the lounge were also not the most helpful. Whilst they were warm and friendly, when I asked them questions (e.g. where can I find a Hermes store?) or made requests (can you arrange for someone to leave some ice in my room in the next hr) the answers I got were “I don’t know, why don’t you go down and ask the concierge” and “I think you need to go to your room and call room service for that”, respectively. Yes I know I can contact them, but in most other Sheratons the exec lounge staff would make an effort to see what they can do first (google for the location for me, call housekeeping on my behalf?). And no, she was not busy at all when I asked her for these. In all, the service was a mixed bag. Some were surprisingly friendly and helpful while others were ill-mannered. It is a wonder how they all work under the same organization…
I often get reminded of what someone said to me about the 5th star of a hotel being the star of “service”. No matter how immaculate the hard product is, without some level of consistency both in friendliness as well as pro-activeness in helping guests the hotel will never be a true 5 star property. It is all well and good to make the hallway lightings sexier and to put a bigger HD screen at the lobby bar, but until SL looks into the guests’ experiences from the human-interactions point of view, they will never be a true five-star property. Yes I will return on my next visit but with lowered expectations for service… and an eye out for other places to try.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank jaejaez
Antoper, General Manager at Sheraton Lisboa Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for having chosen our property for your recent stay in Lisboa.
We do appreciate your comments and from your detailed description I can almost assure that you are a regular Starwood traveler.
I apologize that we were not able to meet your expectations and we have taken particular note of your comment about our staff attitude. Please rest assured that we do take your feedback very serious and that we will do our utmost to better meet your expectations next time given a chance.
I am devastated to learn that we have missed our opportunity to impress you whilst we had a chance to do so. Please accept my most sincere apologies for this negative experience and I do hope that we will have a chance to redeem ourselves at some stage, when you decide to visit Lisbon again.
With very best regards,

Reviewed 20 March 2012

I have been a visitor to the Lisboa Sheraton since 1994. I return every year. The staff is very professional and extremely helpful and friendly. With the recent renovations and updating it is truly the gem of Lisbon hotels. I stay on the club floors. The rooms are exquisite , and the club room is wonderful. Beautiful view and delicious breakfasts and afternoon tapas. I would recommend the Lisbon Sheraton to all. A wonderful place to pamper yourself.

Stayed: August 2011
Antoper, General Manager at Sheraton Lisboa Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2012

Dear Guest,
It is very rewarding for us to read a review like yours and we are very happy to understand that you do consider our Hotel as the Best in the city of Lisbon.
We are proud to learn that after so many years you still consider the Sheraton Lisboa Hotel & Spa as your first choice.
In closing, we are grateful for your support and loyalty over the years and we do sincerely hope that we may continue to have the pleasure of your company in the future.
Thank you for having posted your comment.
Looking forward to be welcoming you very soon.
With my very best regards,

Reviewed 18 March 2012

The rooms are outstanding. Great beds and bathroom with automated black out blinds for sleeping. Feels a but like a W hotel. Tv system was Bang and O which was surprising for a Sheraton.

The lobby however was dark and had no windows. Bar and restaurant were just open spaces. Didn't want to spend time there. But near enough to downtown to find other places.

Exceptional room service and the executive lounge was solid.

Room Tip: Get on a star wood prefered floor
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Antoper, General Manager at Sheraton Lisboa Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for having chosen the Sheraton Lisboa Hotel & Spa for your recent stay in Lisboa, as well as for sharing your experience.
I was very pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us and I would like to thank you for letting me know how impressed you were with the service you received.
Your kind comments are greatly appreciated. Customer care is amongst our highest priorities and it is always gratifying to receive such praise.
We do look forward to be welcoming you soon!

Reviewed 12 March 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Sheraton Lisboa for a long weekend at the beginning of March. The first thing that struck me about the hotel was the friendly, professional and polished approach of its staff - genuinely, across the board, I found reception, bistro and restaurant staff to be really pleasant and warm. They all made a really good effort with English and certainly put my scraps of Portuguese to shame!

The lobby of the hotel is a comfy place to sit and have a drink, and the breakfast/restaurant area nearby is also really well set up. The breakfast buffet is tasty and varied, although a bit overpriced - over 20EU each for food that, while varied and wholesome, isn't anything amazing.

The hotel room we had was fairly small but nicely decorated, with a large, comfy bed. As has been mentioned by some other commenters, the bathroom set-up is a little strange and, despite the cool aesthetic effect, we, personally, would have preferred a more traditional arrangement! The sliding partitions, rather than doors, didn't allow for much privacy - either visually or audibly, if you catch my drift (!), so it was a question of being considerate when one of us wanted to go to the bathroom blush-free.

The hotel's location isn't ideal unless you're happy to get taxis - which are, admittedly, very reasonable. It's a good 20 minute walk to the centre of town and the whole walk is downhill on the way there, meaning, of course, that it's all uphill on the way back.

All in all, the Sheraton Lisboa was a pleasant place to stay.

Room Tip: Apparently, rooms at the end of the hall are quieter and the staff are often happy to oblige if you make requests :)
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lehearts
Antoper, General Manager at Sheraton Lisboa Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for having chosen our property for your recent stay in Lisboa as also as for having posted your comments about your experience.
We are very glad to know that you have enjoyed your stay, our service and associates as well as your experience at our Hotel.
We also thank you for your constructive feedback though we believe that you may choose to stay again at the Sheraton Lisboa whenever you come to Lisboa.
Looking forward to be welcoming you soon.

Reviewed 4 March 2012

Sheraton Lisboa it´s a great 5 star hotel, near Av. da Liberdade. The rooms are giant, well decorated with modern furnishing, with very confortable beds. The bathroom is conected with the room (I noticed this kind of room arrangement in the hotels are frequent now a days), with no door separating (only a glass), but it´s very big. The breakfast buffet is great, with many options. The lobby it´s not very big and it can be crowded, but it´s ok. The staff it´s also very nice and polite. I would come back!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Alexandra A
Antoper, General Manager at Sheraton Lisboa Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2012

Dear Guest,
We were very pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us and I would like to thank you for letting us know how impressed you were with the service you received.
Thank you so much for having chosen the Sheraton Hotel for your recent stay in Lisboa!
Looking forward to be welcoming you soon.
Antonio Pereira