Free cancellation until 28/07
US$155
US$151
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Lisbon Oeiras(Lisbon)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$162
US$124
Priceline
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$150/night.

US$294
US$274
Cancelon
  • Breakfast included
2,286 results
All reviewsthe club loungetop floorpanorama barspg memberspg pointslobby restaurantglass bathroomsteam roomoutdoor poolper daymodern roomsbusiness districtwater pressureexcellent hotelsubway stationdowntown lisbonpastries
Reviewed 28 March 2012

The rooms in this hotel suffer from a serious case of "over-design"; that is, they are a triumph of design over comfort and practicality. As others have pointed out, the in-room bathroom is a bad idea. It's hard to feel privacy in the bathroom--and impossible not to wake others if you use the toilet in the middle of night.

Also, there's a half-inch "lip" on the floor of the bathroom (probably to prevent water from oozing into the wooden floor of the bedroom). Returning from the bathroom in the dark of the night, I smashed my foot into this lip and fractured my toe. No point saying anything about this, for broken toes just have to heal on their own. But it made for a painful few days walking around the city!

There are other design problems with the rooms. The light/curtain controls are not easy to find. It took several tries before we finally located the one to lower the electronic "blackout curtain", for it was nowhere near the curtain itself, but instead on one side of the bed (not both!), along with several other switches that controlled a variety of lights (only way to find out what controlled what was through constant trial-and-error). There is also no electric outlet for anything except razors in the bathroom. Oddly, however, there's an outlet INSIDE the safe (who the heck would think to look there?) I used this one for my electric hair curler, for above the safe was a mirror. But an outlet in the bathroom would be much more convenient.

On the upside: the staff at the hotel is wonderfully warm and welcoming. I especially commend Pedro, who worked the night/early morning shift, and was wonderfully kind and helpful. Also Nuno, the maitre d' at the restaurant was great. And the restaurant was terrific--with a drop-dead view of the city and delicious food. Can't imagine what others who have complained about the restaurant ordered, but the roast pork that I ordered was first-rate--mahogany-colored pork skin, cooked to a crackling crisp, with meltingly soft pork meat inside. For dessert, I ordered "Chocolate Soup"-a small molten chocolate cake over which they poured (at the table) a warm ramekin of melted chocolate filled with pecans and hazelnuts.
Ambrosia.

The club floor breakfast was also very nice--great selection of eggs, smoked salmon, cold cuts, and pastries--with "pour your own" champagne--and again, a terrific view.

Bottom line: the staff and the restaurant and the club floor compensate for somewhat uncomfortable, oddly-designed rooms. If you don't mind the "bathroom in the middle of your bedroom" configuration, you'll probably love this hotel. For us, it was a mixed bag of bad and good.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Antoper, General Manager at Sheraton Lisboa Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for having chosen our property for your last stay in Lisboa.
We do appreciate you constructive comments about the high tech rooms and design. Also thank you so much for your feedback about our Panorama restaurant, it's food and the fabulous view over the city of Lisbon.
We do hope to have the opportunity to be welcoming you soon.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

This hotel is very well located in the heart of Lisbon. Here you can find very helpful staff that will do everything to please you and to help you with your requests.
The breakfast is simple, but good and the hotel restaurant is considered one of the best in the city. Let's say that the food was a little bit desapointing, but the view is breathtaking!
The gym is not bad, but the only available pool is outside and you have to pay a fee to go there, which sucks.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the higher floors and with a view to the other side of the river, where you can see the Cristo Rei and the 25 Abril bridge.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Antoper, General Manager at Sheraton Lisboa Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2012

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for the preference you showed on choosing the Sheraton Hotel & Spa for your recent stay in Lisboa and for taking the time to post your kind comments about our property, our service and our associate's helpful attitude.
Also we do appreciate your constructive comments concerned to our restaurant menu.
Looking forward to be welcoming you soon.
Antonio Pereira

Reviewed 27 March 2012

Newly renovated hotel with great rooms. Great service and great location. All room are remodeled with very contemporary style. Very spacious rooms for European hotel. Close to metro and all attractions. Just a block away from local cafe (great for breakfast and fast espresso). They have great selection of local Portuguese vines that will blow you mind.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple

What a great comment!
It is indeed very rewarding to receive Customers like yourself, who take the time to convey their thanks to us. Such comments certainly help in motivating our staff and more importantly assist us to provide a more personal service. Thank you also for the kind comments about our breakfast, fast expresso and our portuguese wines.
We do look forward to be welcoming you back to the Sheraton Lisboa Hotel & Spa!

Reviewed 25 March 2012

The Sheraton Lisboa hotel (hereafter SL) is a decent property which I would recommend to professionals in Lisbon for business, but not necessarily for the tourists or those looking for a great treatment. Not that this is a bad property, but there are better options for those wanting to be close to the touristy sites or be pampered the 5-star way. Having said that, we were generally satisfied with our stay and would probably return on our next visit… Despite the wrinkles in the service levels.
The hard product is one of SL’s strong points. While the rooms are not big, they are well furnished with everything working. For someone particular about the quality of shower in hotel rooms, I was pleased with the water pressure and the bath. Amenities are the standard Sheraton ones. The bathroom is clean and bright. The bed is your standard Sweet Sleeper bed, which are fantastic. In a city like Lisbon where you end up doing lots of walking up and down the hills, the soft and wrapping bed at the SL was greatly appreciated.
The common areas are also well equipped with a modern design touch. Parts of SL feel more like a cross between a modern Le Meridien and a W than a Sheraton (e.g. hallways) which I actually liked. Did not visit the pool as it was winter but note that using the pool for the hotel guests is NOT free! The gym is adequate if not a bit lacking. For those who stay in the club level rooms the lounge is at your disposal. The lounge breakfast is satisfactory with two hot items and a morning sparkling wine. They also had egg tarts which I found much better than the famous Bellem ones! It was, however, not staffed outside of breakfast/hors D’Oeuvres and is also very small. Make sure you get in early to get your seats! The evening drinks are, again, satisfactory. Nothing extraordinary but you will be able to relax and enjoy the drinks with windows looking out into the skyline with a nice view of the bridge.
The location of SL is good but not great. It is close to KPMG, Deloitte, Barclays Premier etc but a fair bit away from Rossio, which is the center of gravity for visitors. Nonetheless, it is close to the Picoas metro station from where you can easily reach anywhere. There are also very few (if any) eateries nearby. Bear this in mind and be fed before you return to the hotel! The hotel is a 10 min cab ride away from the express bus terminal (Sete Rios) where you can catch buses to all parts of Portugal and beyond (incl. Madrid). On that note, I should mention that taxis in Lisbon are cheap and plentiful with honest drivers (in general). The way they drive is another story though…
Lastly, the service issue is the cause for the biggest concern at the SL. Some staffs are fantastic, while others are downright rude. The bellhops were great, running out into the rain to fetch us cabs and greeting us in and out. The concierge was very helpful and so was most of the check-in staff. Then there were other staff that seemed like they did not want to interact with other human beings. I approached someone at the reception to ask a quick question to which he, without even looking up, pointed his finger at the bellhop desk and said “go ask them” and continued typing away on his computer. This was perhaps the rudest response we got in all of Portugal! Occasions like this were particularly noticeable because everyone else at SL was eager to help. The staffs at the lounge were also not the most helpful. Whilst they were warm and friendly, when I asked them questions (e.g. where can I find a Hermes store?) or made requests (can you arrange for someone to leave some ice in my room in the next hr) the answers I got were “I don’t know, why don’t you go down and ask the concierge” and “I think you need to go to your room and call room service for that”, respectively. Yes I know I can contact them, but in most other Sheratons the exec lounge staff would make an effort to see what they can do first (google for the location for me, call housekeeping on my behalf?). And no, she was not busy at all when I asked her for these. In all, the service was a mixed bag. Some were surprisingly friendly and helpful while others were ill-mannered. It is a wonder how they all work under the same organization…
I often get reminded of what someone said to me about the 5th star of a hotel being the star of “service”. No matter how immaculate the hard product is, without some level of consistency both in friendliness as well as pro-activeness in helping guests the hotel will never be a true 5 star property. It is all well and good to make the hallway lightings sexier and to put a bigger HD screen at the lobby bar, but until SL looks into the guests’ experiences from the human-interactions point of view, they will never be a true five-star property. Yes I will return on my next visit but with lowered expectations for service… and an eye out for other places to try.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank jaejaez

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for having chosen our property for your recent stay in Lisboa.
We do appreciate your comments and from your detailed description I can almost assure that you are a regular Starwood traveler.
I apologize that we were not able to meet your expectations and we have taken particular note of your comment about our staff attitude. Please rest assured that we do take your feedback very serious and that we will do our utmost to better meet your expectations next time given a chance.
I am devastated to learn that we have missed our opportunity to impress you whilst we had a chance to do so. Please accept my most sincere apologies for this negative experience and I do hope that we will have a chance to redeem ourselves at some stage, when you decide to visit Lisbon again.
With very best regards,

Reviewed 20 March 2012

I have been a visitor to the Lisboa Sheraton since 1994. I return every year. The staff is very professional and extremely helpful and friendly. With the recent renovations and updating it is truly the gem of Lisbon hotels. I stay on the club floors. The rooms are exquisite , and the club room is wonderful. Beautiful view and delicious breakfasts and afternoon tapas. I would recommend the Lisbon Sheraton to all. A wonderful place to pamper yourself.

Stayed: August 2011
Antoper, General Manager at Sheraton Lisboa Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2012

Dear Guest,
It is very rewarding for us to read a review like yours and we are very happy to understand that you do consider our Hotel as the Best in the city of Lisbon.
We are proud to learn that after so many years you still consider the Sheraton Lisboa Hotel & Spa as your first choice.
In closing, we are grateful for your support and loyalty over the years and we do sincerely hope that we may continue to have the pleasure of your company in the future.
Thank you for having posted your comment.
Looking forward to be welcoming you very soon.
With my very best regards,