“Excellent guest relations manager Vanda”

Sheraton Lisboa Hotel & Spa
Ranked #65 of 255 Hotels in Lisbon
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Three of us arrived in Lisbon during the recent heat wave temp in early 40's for a 2 night stay after spending 2wonderful weeks in Foz in northern Portugal. We were checked in 'not greeted' by quiet a rude receptionist. I had an issue reg paying 12e per day per person to use the pool. She was not helpful and informed us that the guest relations manager would contact us when we got to our room. Vanda the manager contacted us and all I can say is that I hope this hotel is paying her well she was outstanding!! She dealt with our issue in a friendly professional manner and made us feel v welcome, during the weekend vanda checked with us on a few occasions that our stay was going well. THis lady is a fantastic ambassador for your Hotel.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mary2516
ACPereira, General Manager at Sheraton Lisboa Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

Dear Guest, Thank you so much for having taken the time to let us have your impressions on your stay with us. We are delighted to learn that our Guest Relations Manager, Vanda, has helped you throughout your stay . Your comments have been passed on to her who is very happy and proud to be the subject of such compliments. We hope you will give us the pleasure of staying with us again sometime in the near future, Until then. Kind regards, Antonio Pereira, General Manager

Reviewed 26 July 2013

I've stayed here 3 nights in May! It's a nice hotel with all Sheraton standards. The rooms are spacious (but can be sometimes to dark), the "Sheraton sleepers" awesome, the glass bathroom very nice and brightful.
It's a very busy hotel with mostly business people. The breakfast was more than OK, the Technogym is great but clients have to pay to use the small outside swimming pool (not really the most beautiful location!).
The most negative point is the wifi! It's a shame for such an important business hotel that wifi is chargeable, I think it's about € 20 per 24h!
The location is in the business district, near Marques de Pombal with the metro Picoas very closeby. The airport is just 10-15' drive by taxi and can also be reached with the special (and cheap) airport busses.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
ACPereira, General Manager at Sheraton Lisboa Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Dear Guest, Thank you for having chosen our hotel for your stay in Lisbon. We are pleased to read your comments and to learn that you have enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back. Kind regards, ANtonio Pereira, General Manager

Reviewed 25 July 2013

Went for work and this hotel completed its objective. It was practical, well located and with a very good and friendly staff.

The design of the rooms were very good with a very modern vibe of mixing black and white. They are very spacious and I always love the idea of the open bathrooms as the one in this hotel. It also has a lot of quality appliances as the electric shades and the amenities. The pillows are the low point by been too hard for me.

Service wise it was a very functional hotel. Everything worked perfectly although the staff were not as fluent in English as you expect in a Sheraton but I survive. The food for me was the high point. The cuisine was great, fresh and fast, what you need when you rely in room service a lot as I do.

Very good product.

Room Tip: Sea view is a must
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest, thank you very much for such wonderful comments you have posted following your recent stay with us. We are indeed very pleased to hear that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay in our hotel. Maybe you will give us the pleasure of another visit, should your travelling plans bring you back to Lisbon? Until then, please accept our best regards, Antonio Pereira, General manager

Reviewed 25 July 2013

I stayed in this Lisbon Sheraton on my way to the Algarve in the south. The checkin was extremely easy and the staff were very attentive. My room was well furnished and I received a room on a high floor as requested. The rooftop bar and restaurant are especially pleasant and offer a sweeping view of the city. The workout room is absolutely fantastic and provides a great release from a busy day. The hotel is conveniently located next to a metro stop and is easily accessible via taxi if you would prefer. With a good location that is also next to downtown, this Sheraton will remain on my list of places to return.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest, We are delighted to learn that you have had a pleasant stay with us and that both the hotel and the service provided have been to your liking. We just hope you give us the pleasure of hosting you again, the next time you visit Lisbon. Until such time. Kind regards, Antonio Pereira, General Manager

Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

Being a 2 night stop over before heading to the holiday proper in Cascais we wanted something central(ish) but with a pool for me and the kids whilst the Mrs went sightseeing.

First shock was the fact that you actually have to pay to use the pool €12 for an adult and €6.50 for kids! I mean, never even heard of such a scam! Main issue was that although stating an outside temp of 28' and pool temp of 24' was no where near it. Daughter lasted 5 mins and had to take my 4 yr old son out after 10 when his teeth wouldn't stop chattering.

Give the hotel credit, and the staff were excellent, the reversed the charges, after I'd stated I would refuse to accept the bill.

Generally an ok hotel, one I could see using for business but a family hotel, no!

As to the rooms pillows very flat, no slippers or gowns in the bathroom and make sure you get a seaview room as the other way is nothing!

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear Guest, Thank you so much for your comments, regarding your recent stay with us. We are sorry to learn that the pool failed to meet your expectations. Fortunately all other aspects of your stay have been according to your needs and expectations and we are happy to hear that. Thanking you for having stayed with us, we wish you and your family an enjoyable holiday season! Kind regards, Antonio Pereira, General Manager

Reviewed 19 July 2013

Very good for business purposes or maybe for a family holiday base, well located in central Lisbon and only 20 minutes by taxi from the airport. Smart and clean throughout with usefully equipped meeting rooms. Photographs in the website are reliable guides. Gourmet restaurant on top floor with great views of the city, plus very acceptable restaurant on ground floor. A good place to begin a study of Portuguese wines!

Same location for breakfast. For me this is a meal of high importance and although there is a good range of fruits, juices, cereals, pastries, Continental and cooked choices, the cooked are predictable (beans, mushrooms, sausage, bacon, hash browns, scrambled eggs by the slightly dried up bucketful). For that reason I would have marked the hotel down a bit BUT its healthy option breakfast menu included egg white omelette with mushrooms. Add some smoked salmon, as I did, and you have in my opinion a wonderful breakfast.

Unusually the hotel appears to have one entire floor of bedrooms (15th) where smoking is permitted. My travelling companion, an unreformed smoker, was thrilled. Fortunately it did not impinge on any other floor.

No chance to try the spa but it looked attractive. A nice detail was a complimentary 20cl bottle of Tawny Port in each bedroom. Last but far from least, check in and out were straightforward with staff who were well trained, courteous and very helpful. A good stay.

Room Tip: It seemed to be a very quiet hotel throughout. On the 15th floor smokers have the unusual luxury of...
Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank StephenHowarth

Dear Guest, Thank you so much for the wonderful comments you have posted, following your recent stay with us. It is indeed fantastic to read your comments as they are both detailed and informative as well as highly flattering. Thank you! We sincerely look forward to hosting you again soon. Kind regards, Antonio Pereira, General Manager.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

My husband and I visited Lisbon in September 2012 and enjoyed staying at this hotel. The decor is very interesting - I would call it modern but retro at the same time. The lobby has a warm, inviting feel. The corridors leading to the rooms had very interesting mood lighting - kind of a blue glow, and all the doors to the rooms looked like leather panels - almost as if you were walking into a large steamer trunk. I think it was pretty cool. The room itself was decorated in chocolate brown and blue. I found it to be comfortable and very relaxing after a long day of sightseeing.

I see that another reviewer didn't like the gym. In my opinion, it's one of the nicest hotel gyms I have ever used, and I do a lot of traveling. The gym is not huge, but it is a reasonable size with some nice equipment, was very clean, and the wood floors gave it an elegant spa feel.

As an additional note, the bar on the top floor is very nice with a beautiful view of the city at night.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest, we would like to thank you for havig chosen our hotel for your stay in Lisbon. Thank you also for the really nice comments you have posted about the hotel and your stay. Really appreciated! Should your travelling plans bring you back to LIsbon, w e would be pleased to welcome you back. Kind regards, Antonio Pereira, General manager