“Sheraton - 5 Star”

Sheraton Lisboa Hotel & Spa
Ranked #65 of 255 Hotels in Lisbon
Reviewed 27 February 2010

This is an amazing hotel. I have Platinum status with Starwood hotels and I was upgraded for free to a club room. With this you have access to the club lounge for free breakfast and internet as well as snacks throughout the day. You also get free breakfast in the restaurant. It's a great hotel with nice staff. It's about a 20 minute walk from the water.

Stayed: February 2010
1  Thank TravelBunnyFooFoo
VANDCAR, VANDA CARVALHO - GUEST RELATIONS MANAGER at Sheraton Lisboa Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2010

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for having selected Sheraton Lisboa Hotel & Spa for your last stay, and for having taken the time to give us your feed-back, a most valuable contribution to continuously improve the quality of our services.

I was delighted to read of your last stay here with us. Our goal is to make sure that all guests feel as though they belong during their time with us and that each visit is a special one. I do hope we achieved this during your visit and your valuable comments only assist us in ensuring that others too can continue to benefit from our service.

Looking forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you again soon at our property.

António Pereira

Write a ReviewReviews (2,153)

Reviewed 18 February 2010

I stayed two nights over Valentine's Day weekend. Overall, the hotel is beautiful. I booked a Club Room (as it was the only room type available when booking). As an SPG Platinum, I would have had access to the Club lounge anyway, but I wanted to stay at this hotel in Lisbon as I am very SPG loyal.

At check in, I inquired about an upgrade and was told that I had been upgraded to a Club Room. When I tried to explain to the clerk that that is the class of room that I had booked and that it was not an upgrade, he said that it was again and that I would be happy.

The room was very nice. Modern, spacious, and clean all describe it well. It had a Bang & Olufsen TV and very nice furnishings.

The Club lounge was great for drinks and computer access all day. The breakfast buffet was very nice and the service was excellent in the lounge. As a Platinum I was told that I could have breakfast in the restaurant if I wanted to (instead of the lounge). We tried this one morning and were met by an unfriendly hostess who seated us and then seated other people at our table when we went up to the buffet. When we returned, I asked her where to sit. She responded that we should just choose another table. We also tried the restaurant in the lobby (same as breakfast) for dinner. The service was very poor. Even though the restaurant was only half full, it was 15 minutes before a waiter came to take a drink order. We waited even longer for our meals and the check. Each time that something was brought to the table it was by a different waiter and there was no consistency.

When we wanted to venture into town, we asked the bellman outside to hail us a cab. He responded that there was a taxi stand around the corner and that we should walk over ourselves. It seemed as if we were disturbing him.

The spa was beautiful and the facilities were top notch. Sauna, steam room, jacuzzi were all great. We did not get any treatments, but it was a very classy spa.

The lounge on the top floor offers great views and a nice drink selection. We were pleased with the service and offerings.

The lobby offers free computers with Internet access, which is a nice perk of many of the Sheratons.

Overall, the hotel is beautiful. The service has a few areas that need improvement (especially in the restaurant) but I would recommend this hotel as one of the nicest that we saw in Lisbon. The lounge and spa made up for any unpleasantness that we encountered.

Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank EWRFlyerAL
VANDCAR, VANDA CARVALHO - GUEST RELATIONS MANAGER at Sheraton Lisboa Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2010

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for having selected Sheraton Lisboa Hotel & Spa for your recent stay, and for having taken the time to give us your feed-back, a most valuable contribution to continuously improve the quality of our services.

We are sorry we haven’t been able to meet all your expectations, and would like to inform you that we have taken the measures we believe appropriate in order to improve our service delivery.

Reviewed 14 February 2010

Good offer found on Starwood Website : 120 Euros per night for 2, for a top-floor Executive Room, Breakfast and Executive-Room Access.

PLUSES OF THIS HOTEL :
_ Recently Refurbished Hotel with Glamorous and Design Interiors and Bedrooms;
_ Well-Trained and Efficient Staff;
_ Excellent Restaurant offering the opportunity to taste local gastronomy and wines;
_ Very Well-Equipped Bedroom;
_ Splendid Bathroom with Glass-Window and Electrical Curtains; a sound-system connected to the TV;
_ Very comfortable bed;
_ Executive Room with splendid panoramic view over Lisbon;
_ Modern, design and very pleasant Spa and Fitness Center with an outdoor swimming-pool.

MINUSES OF THIS HOTEL :
_ Its location : not in the city center (30 to 40 minutes walk);
_ An early check-in not possible, though we arrived very early, being tired;
_ The panoramic view we got was not in the direction of the city center;
_ The Executive Room was not serviced the first day; many items missing; tables not cleaned. This changed the following days;
_ A fee has indeed to be paid to access the swimming-pool and other facilities;
_ The water of the swimming-pool was really cool (a Penguin's Dream Destination...), even if the weather was sunny.

PERSONAL OPINION :
A good place for a tourism stay if you can get a good price for it. Choose a Room Category lower than Executive as the difference in terms of money is not worth; use the money you save to go to a nice restaurant in the City Center instead...
A good place for Business Purposes as long as all the costs are borne by your company, especially when full prices are only available.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank PhileasFogg75
VANDCAR, GUEST RELATIONS MANAGER at Sheraton Lisboa Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2010

Reviewed 31 January 2010

The hotel staff are great. The service is wonderful and the room was excellent. As with all Sheraton's the bed is comfy ensuring a great nights sleep.

Stayed: October 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 January 2010

Im Italian! I usually use to stay in Starwoods hotels because they are the best! I always feel like im at home! thanks for everything!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 January 2010

A nice hotel and very easy to get to from the airport by shuttle/bus.
A little bit out of town. A good walk or a metro ride in to town.
A shopping centre pretty much across the road.

The reception staff extremely helpful.

Free internet in the foyer. There are 4 computers and 2 laptops.
Free printing which was nice as we checked in online and printed our boarding passes at no extra cost.

There is a nice little spa atrea downstairs (Level 1 I think) but at an additional cost and as gym which can be used and included in the cost.
They pffer a light breakfast there in the spa area too which is a nice touch especially when you are done in the morning.

The breakfast is quite nice, and I liked the caviar which wasn't overall strong.

Nice views from the bar upstairs.

I have photo's but they are pretty much the same as what other tripadvisor members have posted so not going to bother.

There are taxi's just around the corner (literally only 5 meters away) from the hotel.

Overall a nice experience and wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.
The only problem was the distance in to town but the station is almost on your dororstep anyway.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank k1w1brad
Reviewed 15 January 2010

This was probably my third or fourth stay in this excellent, very well renovated property. I was upgraded to a full suite on the 25th floor of the hotel with amazing views across the city (the weather was horrendous and I could not seem from the windows anyway). I do not necessarily go usually for very modern decorated hotel but I have to say that however did the interior design did a fantastic job. The public areas are pleasant, so are the lifts and the floor landings. My suite was very spacious with a pleasant, full size lounge with its own cloackroom and a large writing desk A nice welcome bottle of port with two glasses was already placed on one of the sideboards. The bedroom was also spacious, well appointed, very quiet, projecting an elegant, modern and classy style. The bathroom was superb with free standing shower separate from the bathtub, double washbasins and separate toilets and bidet. Good quality amenities and plenty of towels were available. Service across the hotel is overall very efficient. I visited the well appointed executive lounge with great food and drinks at any time of the day. Breakfast in the lounge was a great experience with a classy selection of usual favourites. I had dinner in the informal restaurant and both the food and the service were outstanding (The special goat dishes promotion represented an amazing culinary discovery). Reception and concierge staff also receive full marks. The location is not great for the old city centre, but taxis are plentyful (and the Corte Ingles department store is not too far away by foot !). Excellent stay overall and I shall return.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business