“WiFi not included”

Holiday Inn Lisbon - Continental
Ranked #134 of 255 Hotels in Lisbon
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Excellent rooms and great staff like all the other Holiday Inn hotels that I have stayed in. Unlike the other Holiday Inn hotels it does not offer complimentary WiFi with the accommodations. I was in Holiday Inn Madrid few days prior to checking in to this hotel and they included complimentary WiFi. I was in Chicago Holiday Inn and they also included a complimentary WiFi. It is almost a necessity these days special when you are traveling away from home. I will know to ask these questions for the next stay at a Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Shamsul S
Susana F, Front Office Assistant Manager at Holiday Inn Lisbon - Continental, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing this Holiday Inn and for sending us your comments.
We took good notice of your opinion about the wireless service been available at no charge but there are in fact several Holiday Inns that charge for this service (some of them in Spain). We will pass your words to our Manager.

Best regards,

Reviewed 12 August 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Continental for 5 days in June while attending a convention. I used my IHG points as a Royal Platinum Ambassador. The hotel staff could not have been nicer or more helpful. Great customer service. The front desk staff spoke superb English, helped with tours and restaurant recommendations and reservations.

The buffet breakfast was an additional 10E pp when using points for our stay which was very reasonable. The breakfast was good but not what I would call excellent - but a good variety of items in a typical European style (which is desirable) - cheeses, meats, breads, eggs bacon, sausage, yogurt , etc. Food was OK but the dinning room was not what I would call opulent - but clean and well kept (I am spoiled from staying in many IHG 5 star properties - I guess).

The very professional staff upgraded our room. The room as medium to large by European standards. Bathroom amenities where good. When I needed help with additional towels, housekeeping came very quickly. I did request turn down services nightly which they accommodated.

Location was 2 blocks from Bull Ring. I did not use the Metro - but taxis were about 10 to 15E each way to center of town restaurants. Taxi's were always at the door including very early in the morning for a flight to Madrid.

All in all, I give the hotel my recommendation. Rooms were very nice, staff was exceptional and food (we only eat breakfast at the hotel) was just OK. I would stay there again on a trip to Lisbon. I would rate the hotel 3 1/2 stars - close to 4. You can't go wrong staying there. (I was a little concerned in staying at a "Holiday Inn" in Europe, but only saw the good of it and no detractors. If it were not branded as a HI, one would consider it a traditional European, moderately prices hotel. Would go back on next trip to Lisbon

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Susana F, Font Office Assistant Manager at Holiday Inn Lisbon - Continental, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for choosing this Holiday Inn and also for taking the time to send us your detailed comments about our staff and service. We will make sure your words will be transmitted to them and look forward to have the opportunity to welcome you again at Holiday inn Lisbon-Continental.

Best regards,
Front Office Assistant Manager

Reviewed 10 August 2013

I am staying at least 5-6 times per year in this hotel during my business trips in Lisbon. It is very good hotel with nice staff. It is clean and the food is ok.The location of the hotel is ok, as well. You may have a long walk to Rossio Square.

I recomend this hotel for business trips.

Room Tip: Book a room with street view and at the higher floors.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Dear Mr. Demitris,

Thank you for your preference and for you comments. We are very pleased to kwon you appreciate staying with us. See you on your next visit.

Best Regards,
FOAM

Reviewed 7 August 2013

Cheapest Hotel that I have ever purchased in Europe (Lisbon is also the cheapest city I have ever visited in Europe). I cannot comment on the breakfast because it was not included and there seemed to be very great options for a much cheaper price (Hotel price was something like 12EUR per person). The Hotel staff was helpful, useful and bilingual. They put a bed for an extra person in my room at no extra cost. The Hotel is close to a metro station which is useful for getting around (the only way I used). It is right next to Campo Pequeno as well as a mall which is useful for getting fast food when you're not in the mood for eating big.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Susana F, Front Office Assistant Manager at Holiday Inn Lisbon - Continental, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2013

Dear Mr. Saldana,

Thank you for your preference and for taking the time to send us your comments. We are very pleased to kwon you have enjoyed your stay with us.
Hoping to welcome you again in a near future we opresent our best regards,

FOAM

Reviewed 29 July 2013

We got this deal from hotwire and paid around 80 usd per night. The hotel is very close to the airport. However, we took a taxi from the airport and the taxi charged us 23 euros. We found out later, that most of the taxis are trying to cheat you during your stay. Normally it should cost around 8-9 euros. So make sure that you do not pay high amounts.

The hotel is nice, and the rooms are clean. The reception was always helpful with recommendations and reservations. Wifi was not free, it was around 10 euros per day. The metro station is a 5 minute walk, which is pretty convenient. Considering that we paid 80 usd, I would recommend this hotel to all travellers.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Susana F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Lisbon - Continental, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

Dear Guest thank you for your stay and your opinion regarding Holiday Inn Lisbon-Continental. We are pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We are sorry to hear about the taxi issue and hope to welcome you again soon. Kind regards Susana Querido de Figueiredo FOAM

Reviewed 25 July 2013

We stayed here for one night. The room was extremely clean and comfortable. The service was excellent. The receptionist was helpful and even suggested activities in the area such as bullfighting in the Campo Pequeno arena nearby. It's a unique experience and tickets aren't very expensive. There was free wifi in the room which worked very well. The A/C was also working well.

The location is good (5 minute walk to closest metro, Campo Pequeno, and 10 minute walk to Entrecampos train station), but at night the area is very quiet and there is almost no nightlife or activities.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest thank you for your stay and your opinion regarding Holiday Inn Lisbon-Continental. We are pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we will be sure to pass your kind words to our staff. We hope to welcome you again soon. Kind regards Susana Querido de Figueiredo FOAM

Reviewed 15 July 2013

Stayed only one night due to flight being cancelled. Was very pleased with hotel, we felt like we were back home in the states. Rooms were clean and beds were comfortable. They had a nice lobby area. Hotel was close to the airport and close to shopping. Hotel staff was friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Lisbon-Continental, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lisbon - Continental, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for your stay and your comments.
We are very glad you enjoyed the Hotel.
Kind regards, Alice Bancaleiro