Lisbon Marriott Hotel
Official Site
US$218
US$190
2,441 results
All reviewsthe executive loungeclose to the airportjardim zoologicocity centrelarge hotelbusiness triptaxi rideoutdoor poollobby barsmall balconymetro stationpublic transportationcomfortable roomspastriesconciergetaxiseuros
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We stayed two nights at this beautiful hotel. Great service.
Room was clean and neat. Every thing works.
We had free wifi at the hotel lobby, and that was reasonably fast.
Breakfast was good and enjoyable.
Good hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2013

The hotel is definitely on the outskirts of Lisbon, not walking distance to any point of interest. A one way cab fare into the the main square in the centre of Lisbon was 7 euro, or 14 euro round trip . The rooms at the Marriott are nice ; during check-in at Lisbon Marriott , the front desk clerk displayed a laminated flyer of room upgrades that ranged 40 to 80 euro per night. After declining twice, I accepted an upgrade to a junior suite for 40 euro additional per night. I got the impression he was being pressured to sell the upgrades at every opportunity
My major complaint about the Marriott in Lisbon were the surly, rude Concierges. The Concierges were impatient and unwilling to provide any help or information to me or other guests. A younger Concierge I had contact with was very helpful on the third day. On first day of my stay at Lisbon Marriott, I asked a more senior Concierge about different options for touring Sintra. His response was he had no information to provide and walked away from me. When I asked another senior Concierge about the highly rated, Michelin star restaurant
"Belcanto", he replied that he never heard of it ( "Belcanto" is considered #1 restaurant in Lisbon by food critics and Tripadvisor readers), and gave me a map of Lisbon with glossy advertisements of restaurants without suggestions or recommendations . Throughout my stay in Lisbon, I received excellent customer service at other establishments , but the Concierges at the Lisbon Marriott left me with a very negative impression of the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Daniel V
Silvia R, Manager at Lisbon Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

We appreciate hearing from our guests. The comments that we receive are the best tools that we have to help us enhance our services. However, we are very disappointed to read of dissatisfaction with the Concierge.

Be assured that your remarks were forwarded to the Concierge Manager so that he can check who was on duty and take all necessary measures to avoid this happening in the future.

We are deeply sad that this unfortunate experience happened during your stay with us and rest assure that appropriate action will be taken.

We sincerely hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again at our hotel

Best regards,

Reviewed 23 September 2013

May I say how much I enjoyed my stay at Marriott I found everything so enjoyable

I have stayed in many hotels in Europe but this one was certanily the best
Whilst some of the critics might say it is out dated I found this hotel to be very clean We were very lucky to be able to check in at 11.am
Breakfast is great
I found that the staff certainley made our stay enjoyable and I would like to thank Claudio & Victor behind the bar for their knowledge & being so helpful I will always remember their smiles
The only critic I have this is nothing to do with the hotel is taxis beware as if you dont have the right change they will rip you of

Room Tip: garden view was quiet
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Great beds, great service, convenient location and very competitive pricing.
Breakfast buffet is well worth it, and so are dinners if you decide to stay and eat in.
10min from city center, 10-15 to the airport, near a major highways intersection. No restaurants or anything else at walking distance but the location is very convenient if you want easily accessible hotel, no problems with parking, taxis are also always available, ATM next to front door, etc.
I've stayed here on business, alone, and with family when passing through Lisboa on holidays and it has always been a very good experience. If you choose this for your hotel in Lisbon, you won't regret it.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Silvia R, Manager at Lisbon Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Dear Guest,

We are grateful for your feedback and sincerely thank you for the really nice comments you have posted about our hotel and our services.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed 20 September 2013

Overall I really liked this hotel and would stay here again if I got a good deal. The breakfast was excellent most days but not every day. One morning we arrived for breakfast and nearly all tables needed cleared. My husband and I looked for a table for 2 but they were all covered with dirty plates and cups so we chose one of the few clean tables available. It was set for 4 people and the female server wouldn't allow us to sit at the table. She made us move and stand around waiting while tables were cleared. We pointed out that there were only about 20 people in the restaurant but she insisted we move. We then had to ask for coffee after we had been at our table for 15 minutes. Apart from that the choice was excellent and the omelette station was first class. We ate in the restaurant 4 or 5 times in the evenings and thoroughly enjoyed the food. The prices were reasonable. The pool area is well kept with plenty of sun loungers. Towels are also provided. The famous Marriott beds were extremely comfortable with very good quality linen. The bathroom was dated and needs refurbished but was clean. After our first night we woke to the sound of water dripping and realised that water was coming from the ceiling and the carpet was soaking wet. We reported it to the front desk and were asked to move to another room so that the leak could be sorted and the carpet dried out. Being booked in for 9 nights, we had lots of stuff to pack up and unpack again in our new room which was really inconvenient and we weren't offered any kind of apology. Almost all of the staff were fantastic. The tall girl with long blonde hair who worked in the restaurant was brilliant. The main concierge was also helpful and friendly. I interacted with around 15 members of staff and only 2 were either unhelpful or unfriendly. I had no issues with the location and was perfectly happy to walk to and from the metro at the zoo. The walk back up to the hotel would have been a bit of a struggle for the less mobile but was fine for me. Although my stay wasn't up to the standard I am used to from a Marriott hotel, I would stay here again. I feel that the good points outweigh the bad. I am also a huge fan of Marriott hotels and this is the first time I have ever had any issues so would be happy to give it another try.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank parklea07

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your honest review and for your continued custom and loyalty to our hotels.

We are really disappointed that you were dissatisfied with some aspects of the service at our restaurant. Please be assured that your points will be noted.

We can only apologize if our service was not up to our normal standards. I would also like to assure you that we will be taking appropriate action to make sure that such situations do not happen again and we will address your points to our restaurant supervisor.

In order to enhance and upgrade our rooms and Lobby area I would also like to inform you that very soon we will embark on an exciting refurbishment project that will improve our guest experience.

We hope you will see an improvement in our service at your next stay at the Lisbon Marriott Hotel.

Best regards,