“Nice Stay”

GreenLeadersGold level
Delhi
“Nice Stay”
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Stayed only 1 night at this hotel. Rooms are decent sized, beds were comfortable. Metro Station is a 10-15 minutes walk from the hotel. Found the choice a bit more wanting on the breakfast but still there was enough options. The hotel is a bit far from city centre but very conviniently located if you need to go to the airport.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Alpharetta, Georgia
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Having been in Portugal and spending my last night in Lisbon, I stayed with a group at the Marriott. I had a 5:00 AM flight- which I missed due to Delta's error, but that's another review entirely!
It was a 10 minute taxi ride form the Marriott to the airport and that was fantastic. I won't say that I recommend this for anyone staying in Lisbon for an extended time, but for my purposes it was fantastic.
The hotel has a lovely open light lobby, a restaurant and several amenities typical of Marriott. The staff are lovely, as are the rooms.
Beds are fantastic!!
I would recommend this hotel to business travelers and those needing the convenience of being close to the airport. I would not recommend it to anyone who wants to be central in Lisbon. It is far from historic area and there is basically nothing near the hotel.
Good option and recommended for reasons above.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Silvia R, Manager at Lisbon Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 24 December 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. Although we are not located in the city center, we are only 10-15 minutes away from the airport and 15 minutes away from downtown Lisbon, which locates us in a convenient place for any traveler. We are truly pleased to know that we managed to provide you with great service and accommodation. The Management.
Tel Aviv, Israel
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 2,234 helpful votes
Reviewed 19 December 2013

We spent 4 nights at the hotel.
Our expectations were to find a decent 4-star hotel, with a problematic location for tourists, but still – adequate.

The hotel is located a 10-minute taxi ride from the airport (apx. 9 Euros by meter), a 10-15 minute walk to the nearest Metro station (Jardim Zoologico station - from there it's about 20 minutes by Metro into the city), or a 15-20 minute taxi ride to the city (apx. 10 Euros by meter).
There's almost nothing to do near the hotel (unless you're into visiting a Catholic university or a poorly maintained zoo).

Things got to a rough start upon check-in. It literally took forever.
We booked a regular room (our rate – apx. 100 Euros per night - which also included breakfast) and as Marriott Platinum card we were promised an upgrade to a Club room.
Upon arrival, we were told that no Club rooms are available (although they were still available for sale on the Marriott site...) and that instead we'd get Club access.
I politely explained to the receptionist that Club access is a GIVEN benefit for Platinum's, but she said that the hotel does not grant Club access automatically to Platinum's.
Oh well, I was too tired to show her the Marriott T&C so I took the room keys and went upstairs.

As we arrived to the hotel without our luggage (Iberia lost it during our flight from Madrid to Lisbon), we asked the concierge to be kind enough to deliver the luggage to our room when Iberia brings it over the hotel.
That never happened, and we had to call the concierge at least thrice (the next day), until he mumbled "oh, yeah, I think something arrived for you". Pathetic!

Our room (1522) was a very simple Marriott room with no Portuguese touch to it at all.
First of all – it was tiny – apx. 26 square meters. Secondly, it had one of the ugliest bathrooms I've ever seen, with pink tiles, that were probably very cool in the early 1970's. There was also no shower, just a bath with a very cheap curtain to stop the water from flooding the entire room.
The room also had a tiny terrace that had a view of the pool.
There were constant noises from the floor above our room, which only stopped late at night. Since we both used ear plugs at night, this wasn't a big issue.
The TV reception was truly bad – not a single channel was clear, and upon asking the reception about it, we were told they were having some "technical problems". Yeah, right... . The reception did not get better throughout our stay.
The WI-FI reception at the room was literally non-existent. We were told a technician would come to fix it, but no technician arrived and after 2 nights we were moved to a similar room with a better WI-FI reception.
Our welcoming gift consisted of a bottle of local wine and a tiny boxed ice-cream.

After the average room experience (to say the least) we went up to the Club lounge. Hadn't it been so sad, it would've been funny. Hilarious!
The Club consisted of 2 rooms – the first one with a couch and a TV (with perfect reception, this time...) and the other one – dining area (totally self service - no attendant in sight).
The food spread was a joke, and I'm being polite. During the day, it consisted of some dry cookies, nachos, peanuts, soft drinks and coffee. The breakfast spread was so lame we decided to have it downstairs at the restaurant, and the evening "happy hour" consisted of some tiny pieces of meat, mashed potatoes and some cheap alcohol.
Of all the Marriott club lounges I've visited, this one was the most pathetic. It's as basic as it gets, really.

The pool was rather nice (though small), but it was too cold to enjoy it.

Breakfast at the Citrus restaurant was ok (I've written a separate review on the restaurant). While the food was of good quality, the service certainly wasn't.
On the other hand, dinner at the restaurant, was really bad. The vegetarian options were very limited, the meat options (while plentiful) were of very average quality and the prices were too expensive for what you got. And again, the service was horrible, with some staff members not even speaking basic English.
Furthermore, each and every day, starting at apx. 6PM, the entire hotel would fill with a very strong smell of barbeque. While it's not necessarily a "bad" smell, I think it should've been contained within the restaurant floor.

As our stay at the hotel was not that great, to say the least, and after the issues we've reported were disregarded, I had a short chat with the duty manager at the reception, who promised to take care of the issues I've raised. Other than moving us to another room, nothing was done.

Bottom line – with an inconvenient location outside the city, very average service, careless staff, and a pretty average hardware, this 4-star hotel wannabe is one to avoid.
Look for a better hotel downtown.

Room Tip: Seek a hotel elsewhere.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TheShis
Silvia R, Manager at Lisbon Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for posting this review and sharing your feedback on what appears to have been a less positive experience at our hotel. We sincerely regret all the inconveniences caused and please accept our sincere apologies for the long list of service failures you experienced. Unfortunately, we did not meet your - and our own -expectations; I would like to assure that your remarks will be properly addressed. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future so please contact myself or another member of our team if we can be of any further assistance. You can reach me by phone at +351 217235400 (extension 5451) or by email:silvia.ramos@marriotthotels.com
The Management.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

I've never stayed in a Marriott before until my boyfriend took me to this one on a trip to Lisboa.

When I walked in I felt like I was in the ritz hotel.. The staff were attentive with suitcases and cabs to get around Lisboa.

Check in was quick and good as I wanted to get into our room!

We went into the lift and pressed the 14 button. Got out the lift and walked down the corridor to our room.

As we opened the door I was amazed to see a queen sized bed with 6 duck feather pillows and a beautiful duck feather duvet.. I was straight on it.

We had a baloney which was lovely also and the tv had quite a few channels.

The only downside to our stay was the interior of the bathroom. The whole of the hotel and facilities were updated apart from the bathroom..

Our 3 night stay over the weekend was brilliant.

Would I stay again.. Yes
Would I recommend it.. Yes!

Book it.com!

Now!!

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank ElishaSkinner
Silvia R, Manager at Lisbon Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your wonderful feedback. We greatly appreciate you adding your experience
We are very happy to hear we made your and your boyfriend's stay so special and brilliant. Regarding your remark about our bathrooms I take this opportunity to inform you that next year we will start a renovation project which will freshen up our Lobby and rooms, merging contemporary design and comfort.
The Management.
Beijing, China
Reviewed 13 December 2013

The hotel is of a nice standard with rooms that are very adequate in size. The closeness to the train stations means you can get easily to most parts of the city. We found all the staff very helpful when asking about things to see and how to get there. Also breakfasts were very filling.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Rickmansworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Very we'll appointed hotel. Convenient for two metro stations both 15min walk that serve the city centre and the mall should you choose it. Ample breakfast served through convenient times. My only disappointment was with one of the reception staff who found every single one of my requests a chore. Approx €13 from the airport.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Silvia R, Manager at Lisbon Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for your review of our hotel. Our philosophy is to deliver consistently great customer service, however in your case it appear we failed to meet expectations and for that we are truly sorry. I have forward your comments to our Front Office Manager, please be assured that we will take your feedback very seriously. We look forward to meet you again on your next visit to Lisbon. The Management
Vigo, Spain
Reviewed 6 December 2013

They always ask for a credit card when you make the check-in just in case you want to buy or consum something during your staying in the hotel. Well, I left a debit card instead of a credit one and instantly 200 euros where taken from my bank account. I told them at the moment (as my bank sent me a sms to inform me about it), however, they didn't refund it inmediatly, as they should have done. I had to wait one week to see my money back. And trying to compensate me, they left fruit and water in my room. Well, that, in my opinion, after taking my money without permision from my bank account and not being able to solve it, does not compensate anything and besides is tacky.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank AngelesOSelene
Silvia R, Manager at Lisbon Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. We truly value the opinions of our customers and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations. According to our internal procedures, a credit card or cash is always requested as a guarantee. upon check-in. The “blocked” funds are released automatically upon check-out however the date the funds will be released depends on the bank. We hope to see you again in the future and wish you the very best. The Management