“Centrally located”

GreenLeadersGold level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Centrally located”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Just ten minutes by cab from the airport and a ten minute walk to the metro, this location is a gray value and provides easy access to the Lisbon area. Rooms are above average. Fitness center has lots of machines, though they are a little worn. Executive lounge is very nice.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Rick D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
CHANDIGARH
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Except a personal touch by int-erection with chef, nothing else to find in the name of satisfaction in any area of the hotel. In consolation hotel will offer waver of upgrade fee, which no one expects to compromise with pleasure of holiday.

Room Tip: check air conditioning in room before you select
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Mariana G, Guest Relations Manager at Lisbon Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear guest

Thank you for taking the time to rate our hotel.

Our goal is to deliver the best guest experience possible, and we are really sorry that any of our services was of your satisfaction.

We would love to know more about what happened, in order to better meet your needs in the future.

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Great hotel
Delicious breakfast..
Good spacious rooms and the beds are great.
All the staff is top rated..
If only it was in the center....
Great location near the airport..
Swiming pool for the hotter days...

4 Thank Pedro S
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I stayed at the Lisbon Marriott for 1 day. Hotel is pleasant, very nice front desk person welcome me and I was happy with the room: clean, bright...Since I was staying just for 1 day and on my own I decided to eat in the hotel. The restaurant looks very nice with a few tables outside in the interior garden. That day they also had an outdoors grill and the smell of BBQ fish and meet was very enticing.
Well, I sat down at one of the outside tables. And I sat...After 10 minutes with my e-reader and thirsty I decided to go inside and ask if there was anyone serving outside. Somebody was promptly sent. OK, I ordered a beer, fish soup and grilled sea bream. Beer came, food came but instead of the logical order that one would expect, i.e. the soup, I was served the sea bream and 5 minutes later the soup even though I had asked to cancel it when I saw the fish first. I had to decide which one to let get cold!
The food was fine but the service spoiled the enjoyment of the garden and the food.
Anyway, confused service like they did not know what they were doing

2 Thank brozas
Mariana G, Guest Relations Manager at Lisbon Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding the restaurant.
We appreciate you bringing it to our attention.
We will share your review with our Restaurant Manager to look into this matter further.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I have been a big user of the Marriott brand in Europe, booked a weeks holiday for my family and I at the Marriott, Lisbon. Wow, what a great place. the Concierge, Nuno, was great, along with Kim who ran the Exec. lounge. Hotel staff were great across the board, and, the restaurant served up good food at a competitive price. I don't think the hotel pictures does it justice, the pool was amazing and the rooms were luxury and spotless. 7 Euros for a taxi into Lisbon center, 20 euros to the airport. It's in my top three, with Rome and Paris. Got to go back to this place!
Well done Marriott!

Andrew Coggins
UK

Room Tip: Upgrade to Exec. lounge access and enjoy the views of Lisbon.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
8 Thank Andrew C
Hilton Head, South Carolina
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We treated ourselves to a nice hotel after our pilgrimage on the Camino de Santiago de Compostela and before returning to the states. Maybe because we were on Marriott points or because we had back packs, we were treated rather rudely at check-in by the staff. First denying us free wifi and then specifying that we were not to have the free breakfast in the morning. Both issues were resolved in our favor but really spoiled our goal of a relaxing evening.
It's location is the best thing it has going for it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Susan G
Mariana G, Guest Relations Manager at Lisbon Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear guest

Thank you for your feedback in trip advisor

We highly appreciate receiving guest comments as it makes us correct our procedures and improve the services we provide.

I have shared this experience with our Front Office Manager and we will work on correcting this deficiency you experienced.

Tarpon Springs, Florida
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Been a Marriott member for 25 years. Unfortunately, I find that this Marriott is not up to par with most other Marriotts, in Europe and the states. A plus, hotel very close to airport and the food is good. However, during my stay I brought several issues to the hotel managers attention and all they all fell on deaf ears. Not cleaning room one day, not replenishing the shampoo, not fixing the safe, tipped bell man very generously upon arrival and asked for another luggage rack, never received it until I complained to manager. Room air conditioner very loud. Overall tolerable but not up to Marriott standards.

Dear guest

We would like to apologize for the inconvenient presented to you during your last visit to our hotel.
At the Lisbon Marriott Hotel we truly appreciate and treasure all our guests, as they are the essence of our service.
We hope you will come visit us again soon, so that we can provide you with the outstanding service you deserve and have come to expect from Marriott.