“Better than just a global brand”

Lisbon Marriott Hotel
Ranked #117 of 248 Hotels in Lisbon
GreenLeadersGold level
Palmerston North, New Zealand
“Better than just a global brand”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We really enjoyed the Lisbon Marriott! It is reliably global Marriott but as an individual property in the group we enjoyed a great 7 day stay. We took the upgrade package and it was more than worth it. Special mention should go to Joaquim Luis in the Level 17 lounge for his fabulous service, knowledge and advice on everything imaginable and his dry personal style. The staff - front desk, concierge, pool, housekeeping, restaurant breakfast - were awesome. The Portugese generally have to be in the running for the award as the nicest, friendliest, warm, generous & most laid back people in Europe. The Marriott is located out of town but close to the airport. It is an easy 15 minutes walk to a major Metro station and the adjoining zoo and gardens. It is an average 7 euro taxi fare to most central city attractions and restaurants. Don't believe negative comments about Lisbon taxis or taxi drivers - they are great, helpful, reliable and trustworthy. The rooms are spacious, well fitted out and maintained. A great stay had by us and our friends.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank Karaventure

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Carolina Beach, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I booked 2 rooms for our 4 night stay. The hotel was in a good location, near the zoo and near the Metro (1/2 mile) and the price was reasonable. Our room was clean and coming from the states, I loved that they had an ice machine.

My only complaint was the staff. They continually got things messed up. First it was our names. I'm a silver Marriott member but they ended up putting my daughter's name on everything. Then then they said we had breakfast included and that we could go to the club. We show up to the club and they say "oh but you are just a silver, you can't come in". Well why did the front desk say i could. It was rather embarrassing. Then we tried the breakfast and again they said sorry your room doesn't have breakfast, yet our bill states "room and breakfast" for both rooms on all nights. I showed this to the front desk on check out and they said oh well. I mentioned this to Marriott and I've still not seen a response to that part of the inquiry. (i did finally get my points since they still had my daughters name everywhere). Then there was the maid. What does it take to get a clean glass? I left them empty, I left them in the sink... We only got 1 clean glass one day (out of 4 day) while we were there. This was a problem because my daughter had come into our room and used the glass one night and had a very bad headcold so none of us wanted to use this glass.

The only good staff was the concierge, they gave great information and suggestions.

So, if you can get around the staff, not a bad place to stay but I wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank thepilotRaleigh
Mariana G, Guest Relations Manager at Lisbon Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear guest

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I have shared your comments with the team for situations like these do not happen again.
Again, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We were in this hotel for 3 nights.
It was not our choice, we were on an organized tour
Rooms are beautiful and clean. Beds very comfortable.
Breakfast at the hotel is good but a cappuccino costs
Money. It is very annoying.
Hotel is a bit far from the center. Taxi cost 7 euros ..
No room television channel to see the FIFA World Cup.
wi-fi in the rooms costs 19 euro per day.
Public areas, free wi-fi but not strong

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Just ten minutes by cab from the airport and a ten minute walk to the metro, this location is a gray value and provides easy access to the Lisbon area. Rooms are above average. Fitness center has lots of machines, though they are a little worn. Executive lounge is very nice.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Rick D
CHANDIGARH
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Except a personal touch by int-erection with chef, nothing else to find in the name of satisfaction in any area of the hotel. In consolation hotel will offer waver of upgrade fee, which no one expects to compromise with pleasure of holiday.

Room Tip: check air conditioning in room before you select
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Mariana G, Guest Relations Manager at Lisbon Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear guest

Thank you for taking the time to rate our hotel.

Our goal is to deliver the best guest experience possible, and we are really sorry that any of our services was of your satisfaction.

We would love to know more about what happened, in order to better meet your needs in the future.

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Great hotel
Delicious breakfast..
Good spacious rooms and the beds are great.
All the staff is top rated..
If only it was in the center....
Great location near the airport..
Swiming pool for the hotter days...

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Pedro S
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I stayed at the Lisbon Marriott for 1 day. Hotel is pleasant, very nice front desk person welcome me and I was happy with the room: clean, bright...Since I was staying just for 1 day and on my own I decided to eat in the hotel. The restaurant looks very nice with a few tables outside in the interior garden. That day they also had an outdoors grill and the smell of BBQ fish and meet was very enticing.
Well, I sat down at one of the outside tables. And I sat...After 10 minutes with my e-reader and thirsty I decided to go inside and ask if there was anyone serving outside. Somebody was promptly sent. OK, I ordered a beer, fish soup and grilled sea bream. Beer came, food came but instead of the logical order that one would expect, i.e. the soup, I was served the sea bream and 5 minutes later the soup even though I had asked to cancel it when I saw the fish first. I had to decide which one to let get cold!
The food was fine but the service spoiled the enjoyment of the garden and the food.
Anyway, confused service like they did not know what they were doing

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank brozas
Mariana G, Guest Relations Manager at Lisbon Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding the restaurant.
We appreciate you bringing it to our attention.
We will share your review with our Restaurant Manager to look into this matter further.