“Great Hotel”
Review of Hotel Lisboa

Hotel Lisboa
Ranked #81 of 255 Hotels in Lisbon
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Stayed here last week ,lovely accommodation very courteous friendly staff. Excellent location handy for metro and airport bus which are both very reasonable . We had a balcony room with great views( there are only 3 of these) .Room clean comfortable and spacious with tea & coffee tray as well as a mini bar also a good range of chanels on TV .Excellent ensuite with toiletries regularly topped up and bath robes . Breakfast fresh and plentiful in good surroundings. Located just off the Avenue Do Liberade which is a beautiful tree lined 5 min walk into town with a nice cafe atmosphere and designer shops . City center is old world and beautiful with a lovely bustling mood . So much to see and do and so easy by bus ,tram ,metro or boat trip around the harbour. Many cafes to choose from and shops in the centre.There are also shopping centers one is left up hill from the Marquis De Pombal Square the other right after a walk up the park is an el corte inglase store( I wish they would open one here) both are well within walking distance .

Room Tip: Ask when booking for a balcony room
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jdjdmitchell

Reviewed 24 August 2012

Stayed here in Feb 2012. Location is superb not in the noisy centre but only a 15 min walk to main street and 5 min walk to bus and tube stops.
Hotel is in one of nicest area of Lisbon and is a "boutique" type hotel very clean modern and trendy. Rooms are spacious and nicely decorated decorated with nice size bathrooms. We stayed on high floor and although near main road did not hear too much traffic noise and slept with windows open. All in all a very good value hotel in great location.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Stayed here in May 2012 with friends and found this hotel to be excellent value for money, considering the location in this great city. The room was quiet, clean and well maintained/serviced.
We had a room on the first floor overlooking the road.
It is only a few minutes walk to the nearest tube station and only a few minutes more to downtown
Lisbon.
I have stayed in Lisbon for business a number of times and stayed in higher star ranked hotels but found very little difference between them and Lisboa Hotel.
The staff were very helpful and booked us in online for our return flight without any charge.
Would recommend Lisbon and this hotel to anyone looking for a great city break.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 August 2012

This was my second stay at the Hotel Lisboa (see July 2011 review) and again I was very pleased with my stay. Compared to last time the free welcome drink was now available at any time the bar was open rather than limited time slots. From memory the breakfast coffee was not quite as good as I raved about in my previous review but that is a very minor gripe! Shame the free Wi-Fi is only available in public areas and not the rooms but again only a minor fault. The room was modern with lots of space including for storage. I was on a higher floor than my previous visit and as suspected the traffic noise was much reduced. Again all staff were very helpful. Overall would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floors have much less noise from traffic and air conditioning.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank CritoLeeds
Reviewed 5 August 2012

I was very pleased with this hotel and quite surprised by the excellent quality and price of the hotel. I got a good rate with Booking.com. When I pulled up to the hotel in the taxi, the concierge came out and welcomed me and helped me with my bags. He also offered me a complimentary drink voucher. I was pleased with the room and the decor. It was spacious, ultra clean and inviting. There was to my surprise a tea kettle which you never see in Portugal. It was nice to make tea in the evening. I could hear a tiny bit of street noise one night but since I always use ear plugs it was no issue at all. The breakfast was very good except for the coffee. I must say that I have never had good or even decent coffee at a Portuguese hotel which is really mind boggling because the coffee in Portugal is amazing. Really no problem as my daily routine in Portugal always includes at least two stops at a cafe for really excellent and cheap coffee. The location was tops. It is right off of Libertade and very convenient. Just a street back or two you can find some great little places to eat and to explore. I would definitely stay here again although it could be a toss up with the Aviz as there breakfast is better but the Lisboa Hotel has slightly better amenities.

Room Tip: Request a quiet room
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank otroviaje
Reviewed 20 July 2012

Had very good stay at this hotel - welcome drink when we arrived down in the bar, really good and comfortable room, excellent breakfast, helpful and friendly staff. Just off Avenida de Liberdade and near Avenida metro stop.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Fifi_banana
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Truly excellent hotel in the upscale shopping district of Lisbon. It's about a 15-minute walk from the center of the tourist area and old city, but you can easily get to all of the main tourist sites downtown from here. There are two metro stations less than 5 minutes away by foot, with immediate access to 2 of the 4 metro lines. The hotel concierge can also call you a taxi that he guarantees will not rip you off (it's true: we took a taxi from the airport and the driver charged us €13.45, claiming some kind of €4 extra charge for something we didn't understand; the taxi to the airport that the hotel arranged for us charged us exactly what was on the meter, which came to €9.50).

The hotel is very comfortable, great beds, good showers, comfortable (although small) rooms. The staff, apparently like everyone in Portugal, speak perfect English.

The breakfast buffet, which was included in the price of our room, was incredible. They called it "continental" but it was actually a full breakfast: bacon, eggs, other kinds of meat, cheese, cereal, yogurt, fresh fruit, multiple kinds of bread and rolls, cake, and delicious buttery croissants. The dining area is comfortable and bright and there was always room to sit.

We didn't try the restaurant outside of breakfast so I can't comment on that.

There is no free wifi in the rooms, but there is in the lobby, so bring your laptop downstairs and you can sit in the lounge and use the internet as long as you like. I came downstairs to check my email every evening and it was no problem.

There's no pool or spa or fitness room but who cares. For the price we paid, this hotel is an incredible deal.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple