“Great service!”

Ranked #50 of 247 Hotels in Lisbon
Lisbon
“Great service!”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

A super place to stay for 4 nights in Lisbon. We were very pleased with our Double deluxe room. Make sure you ask for a room with a view or you could see apartment blocks instead. The staff were very helpful and efficient. There was a great selection for breakfast and service was very efficient. The concierge was very helpful in booking our tickets for the aquarium- we avoided the queues! Unfortunately there was no pool and only a gym, this was the only downside of staying there.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
San Diego, California
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We loved this hotel so much we went back for a 5th night following our Douro River cruise. Check-in was easy, the room was lovely as was the breakfast. It is a little away from everything but we found the walk to the metro stop easy as was the mall not far away. Fresh flowers in our room and a bucket of champagne with strawberries, pastries and other treats were waiting when we entered our room. We had noted on our reservation that we were celebrating our 46th wedding anniversary. The only complaints I have was that the hair dryer was too heavy and the electrical adapters we took would not fit in the socket. No problem, the hotel had one and gladly let us use it. Overall, a great hotel at a great price.
We took a taxi from the airport to the hotel and it cost around 8 Euros. The trip back to the hotel was higher in that we left at 4:45 a.m.

Room Tip: We had a corner suite on the 10th floor with a view of the park and of the river.
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed 20 August 2014

The Tiara Park Atlantic is a good, modern hotel. While my wife and I were happy with our, spacious room complete with flat screen TV and free Wi-Fi, we were disappointed with the hotel’s general location. The Tiara Park Atlantic is across from the Eduardo Vll Park, which means, there are no cafes, restaurants or shopping (other than the hotels) close by. To be fair, the Four Seasons-Ritz next door has the same problem. The Tiara Park Atlantic hotel staff were friendly and helpful --but very busy for the three days we were there. The breakfast buffet (which was included in our stay) was large, which it needed to be with all the tour groups that were staying in the hotel. All-in-all the Tiara Park Atlantic is a good hotel just isolated for our taste.

Room Tip: Try for a high floor with a view
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Woodbury, New York
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

We were welcomed very hospitably and given a connecting suite of rooms. The rooms were good and well appointed and the price was great. Hotel policy allows check in at 2 pm but we got our rooms at 10:30 as we arrived early. The hotel has a nice atrium entrance and is vey close to the stop for the hop on hop off bus. Well recommended.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Lalit P
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2014

My sister made reservations for this hotel, and quite frankly I was quite reticent about it. I usually stay at other hotels when in Lisbon. Somehow I couldn’t believe the hotel could be that good or have the 5* quality that I’m quite used to when in town.
First impressions: Check-in was not the smoothest but staff was quite attentive. From the chauffeur who took us to the hotel (and waited 5 hours at the airport due to our delayed flight) to the concierge who was quite attentive.
We stayed on the 8th floor, in a room that overlooked the river and the Eduardo VII park. The room was quite modern but some of its facilities were quite weird, for instances, why don’t you get the chance to have a power socket next to your bed in order to charge your phones, laptops etc?

My main issues with the hotel were: the type of room we were in, they advertise that they offer “vip treatment”, let me tell you, I didn’t feel it. The day we arrived there was no turndown service in our room. The next day we spent the day out and when we came back the room was not cleaned. Basically we had to beg for our room to be cleaned (call the housekeeping service just to tell them we were heading out and they could clean the room … not the 5* stars I’m used to). The cleaning ladies were very nice and professional but I do not know if it was because of summer or anything like that but the room was a bit dusty (white glove test: cupboard and desk).

The other, and last main issue was the wireless connection … Jeez, I had a hard time connecting my phones and laptop, when soon I realised the best way to get a decent coverage was to lay in my bed (the left bed: twin beds in room 0804 or go to the toilet where coverage was also ok .. 5* stars quality right?

Other issues: Overpriced mini-bar, I mean .. €7,30 for a coke? Let me stay at the Ritz or Pestana Palace where I can overlook the price due to the surroundings. Expensive breakfast with no reason, people tend to stress how good the breakfast in the hotel is good but it’s just average or alright for a hotel of its kind.
The gym needs serious improvement, and for two reasons: it is way too small for the size of the hotel and the machines are outdated and in poor conditions (ex: treadmill). And I guess, and side we are talking about 5* stars quality, it wouldn't hurt to have staff there or at least a trainer. I do expect a "self-service gym" when staying at the Park Inn or something like that but surely not at a Tiara right?

So far I focused on the negatives and what could be improved, but its only fair that I point out the positives too:
One thing I like is location when it comes to the hotel! Ok some people complain about the steep sidewalk from Marques to the hotel, but I’m sorry, Lisbon is just like that, immerse yourself in the culture and the city you are in, otherwise drive or get a taxi. The hotel is close to the metro, bus stops and main offices if you are on a business trip.
Other thing to point out is the price, it has a fairly competitive price when you compare it to other 5 stars nearby, its family oriented and does not have a nouveau riche kind of vibe *cough .. epic sana *cough …
Lastly I have to point out the views, if you get the right room, they are absolutely stunning.
Overall, and given the nature of our trip (we were not really on holiday, it was a business/leisure kind of trip) the hotel was good. And I would certainly pay another visit baring in mind what I already know (fit for business trips and not tourism).

Room Tip: Pay extra for those river views, they are worth it.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank 15theos
Seattle
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Having come from Amsterdam, we stayed in a lovely river view room with King bed, nice amenities, i.e. free internet, etc. on this our second visit to Lisbon. Our Three Star hotel in Amsterdam was far more expensive and no where near as nice as the Tiara Park Atlantic.
Check in was quick and efficient and our bags brought to the room by a bellman who rode the elevator with us. Upon arrival to our room, he explained the features of the hotel and pointed out various features of our room. Hotel is well maintained, the staff working to ensure a pleasant stay.
We did not have breakast in the hotel the following morning, electing instead to walk down the hill along Av. da Liberdade to Starbucks for a cup of coffee and a roll. Since we enjoying walking around cities we visit, we felt the location perfect for our stay. Should we return to Lisboa, we'll book the Tiara Park Atlantic for lodging.

Room Tip: Book a River View Room.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Montpellier, France
Reviewed 13 August 2014

The room and bathroom were large, nicely furnished and decorated. Good equipment (slippers, well-furnished mini-bar, bathrobe, coffee machine,...). Very quiet and comfortable. For breakfast
there is a large selection of different food of high quality. Not many restaurants in the vicinity.