We arrived late afternoon and we were checked in quickly. I had emailed ahead and asked for a higher floor room (the view was great for a city hotel) and we were put on the 11th floor, which was perfect. We headed out for the evening and when we returned, there was a cake and a bottle of fizz waiting for us - I'd mentioned that the trip was my boyfriend's birthday present, so someone had definitely taken the time to make a special gesture - it was really appreciated!
We didn't eat in the hotel - the prices are definitely 5 star and if you're very well off and looking for convenience, I'm sure that you would not be disappointed - we had a few (expensive but pleasant) drinks in the bar that I'm sure reflect the level of service and quality in the food. We were quite happy to find nearby Pastelarias to have a drink and a pastry for breakfast (about 5 Euro for two people), and there's a Metro nearby so you can start the day in the centre of town if you wish.
Bairro Alto was definitely the best area for an evening meal. We found a variety of different places, from classic Portuguese to Italian to Tapas, averaging out at about 50 euros for a decent meal for two with a nice bottle of wine.
We also spent a day over in the Expo 98 site (Metro Station Oriente) and went to the Aquarium which was fantastic - the sea otters, penguins and puffins were a great addition to the massive central vault which has sharks, rays and a huge sunfish. Well worth the trip out there.
The only other thing I would mention if you are coming to Lisbon in the summer months is to be prepared for the heat! It is different to other 'sun' holidays as you are walking a great deal, and up and down hills too - it can be really draining and the cobbles are probably not heel-friendly! :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located between Eduardo VII Park, Marques de Pombal Square and the luxurious Avenida da Liberdade, InterContinental Lisbon sits at the heart of Lisbon society. With discreet refinement, contemporary design and expansive views of the Tagus river, this stylish new addition is the ultimate choice for experiencing Lisbon. Experience Portuguese heritage from the cosmopolitan flavours at L'Appart restaurant to the exemplary service of our concierge team, who will help you bring insider Lisbon to life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Agoda, LoveHolidays, Priceline, Superbreak UK, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Lisbon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tiara Park Atlantic Lisboa Hotel Lisbon
- Tiara Park Atlantic Lisboa Lisbon