“Good hotel smack at center”

Hotel NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
Ranked #47 of 248 Hotels in Lisbon
Cairo, Egypt
“Good hotel smack at center”
Reviewed 17 March 2012

well it was a business trip, very nice hotel, in the middle of the city,
room is neither big nor small but good size,

staff very helpful only problem was if you had dollars in cash it would be a bit of a problem as they dont accept them, only euros or Credit card which was a bit of a problem for me, but either than that it is a very good hotel to stay at....

also one thing to mention, i really liked the guy at the lobby, spoke perfect english, gave me the feeling of an english butler :)

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Greater London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2012

Excellent rooms - cleaned daily, firm beds, en suite bathroom, tea and coffee making facilities. Masseuse is excellent, location is fabulous (opposite Avenida metro stop & Aerobus) and the concierge very helpful.

I resented paying one euro per coffee machine refill: this could have been made clearer on arrival. Please convey this to future guests.

Will definitely return - I had a good NH experience in Madrid too.

Room Tip: Don't pick rooms ending 03/04 because you see the courtyard and other buildings.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Netherlands
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Spent a week at the NH. The hotel was good. /the room was modern comfortable and clean. However, our room had a small kitchenette area, but only coffe cups available. No glasses for cold drinks.

The bathroom was clean, but you needed a step to climb into the tub/shower. Moreover, the water was not hot, only luke warm for showers and bath.

The hotel offers internet, but you must pay for internet in the room. But offered free wifi in the lobby. However, they only give you access in 30 minute blocks. And the rude snotty girls on the front desk in the evenings would only giv them out after pressing for them.

But the staff during the mornings were fantastic and very helpful. The morning breakfast was excellent,

Based on price and location will stay at Hotel again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
LConde, Manager at Hotel NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade, responded to this review, 15 March 2012
Dear Sir
Thank you so much for your opinions on the Nh Liberdade and I apreciate your sincerity in order to improve our service.
Concerning the water we had an unexpected problem in the pression which was solved as soon as we had the information of it and our maintenance technician repared it.
Concerning the attitude of the receptionists that made evenings I will pay attention of it as we normally deliver good service.
Hope to see you again soon and wellcome you personally
Regards Liliana Conde
Milan, Italy
Reviewed 13 March 2012

accomodation was very good and comfortable, position is great.
i experienced a very big room, 8th floor.
in the room, tea and teapot are compulsory, and coffee machine with coffee ready to use is in too (1€ per coffee).
bathroom was neat and clean - had a bad experience with the bed...old and noisy, whenever i lift a single arm, the noise was quite bad and made me awake
staff was not so kind, unfortunately
breakfast was delicious and rich and there is also a very good option of having breakfast at roofbar.
as per every NH, no wifi for guests, just 30 minutes free only in the lobby (and connection was pretty slow!!!!)

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your opinion as we can only improve our services with the follow up of the guests.
I was happy to know that you enjoyed staying at Nh Liberdade saying that it is a good hotel, concerning the noise of the bed we will take of the problem right away with our maintenance and checking the problem in the bed structure as it is the first time that I had such a complaint.
Thank you again and I hope to see you in our hotel again in order to enjoy Lisbon and the beautiful view that we have in our swiming pool.
Regards Liliana Conde
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Stayed in the hotel for one night. Nice hotel with beautiful rooms.Breakfast was just ok and they need to have more options! Location is perfect bang on the avenue!

Recommended!

• Stayed February 2012
ATL
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I will start with the pros: the hotel is convenient to the airport shuttle stop, there is a shopping center with a food court on the premises. Now for the cons: the bed is as hard as a rock and it squeaks everytime you get out of bed; the pillows are the worst I have ever seen, I went to take a nap and I woke up in incredible pain on my left side as the pillows provide no cushion. I have resorted to rolling up the extra blankets in the room in order to provide some firm cushioning for myself since the hotel can not provide firm pillows although they have a pillow menu. I guess the pillow menu is just for show. I also attempted to order room service at 11:15pm (which ends at 12:00am) by calling the room service number and the phone just rang and rang to no avail. No where in the room service menu does it state when the last order is taken. I went down stairs at 11:45 to inquire about internet service, etc. and also asked when does room service end, I was told by a gentleman after receiving a face full of smoke that room service ends at 11:30 so I then asked, why no one answered at 11:15 he stated "maybe he was down here, do you want something" I said yes and he said "sorry its closed." What was the purpose of asking me if I wanted anything if I could not get it??? That only made me more upset. To make matters worse my TV does not work. I cant wait to check out of this hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank travelnistaAtl
LConde, Manager at Hotel NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade, responded to this review, 22 February 2012
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your complaint as it's with our guest's oppinions that we have the chance to improuve the services.
Concerning the matress and the pillows it is the first time in 11 years that I have noticed such a complaint. Did you call the reception for these matters? Normally they have unstructions to suggest another room or to give you the right pillow as we have several with the housekeeper.
In what the service is concerned I need to investigate with the staff what happened because I do not understand such attitude so I really need you to tell me when that happened (the day it was). My e-mail is l.conde@nh-hotels.com

Sorry for the inconvenience and anything you need we will keep in touch.

Regards,

Liliana Conde
Goshen, Connecticut
Reviewed 15 January 2012

Hotel has a terrific staff and while small, all the amenities of a much bigger hotel. Terrific breakfast included in the room rate. Very nice upscale neighborhood without the extreme upscale price. Sparsely furnished rooms
very much in the boutique style. We asked for twin beds and since most of the rooms were queen or king we ended up in a small terrific suite. If you don't mind the twin beds, request this terrific room.

Room Tip: see my review above.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple