“Wonderful staff, gorgeous place”
Review of Palacio Ramalhete

Palacio Ramalhete
Ranked #32 of 258 Lisbon B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 April 2014

My husband and I stayed here for just one night, and there were lots of things I loved and a couple of things you should know if you're thinking about making a reservation.

The hotel is a gorgeous home - absolutely lovely. A beautiful pool and patio area (which we didn't take advantage of), well-appointed rooms, and just a wonderful, authentic Portuguese home, which is exactly what I wanted.

The staff are outstanding - friendly, helpful, good recommendations. Laura is an absolute delight. They also arranged for an early (delicious, gourmet) breakfast for us so that we could get to the airport.

On the downside, our room faced Rua Janelas Verdes, which was loud (cars). Normally, I don't care about noise that much, but it seemed like there were cars all night long driving along that cobbled road, and it was just loud, even with the window & shutters closed. I had a pretty restless night. Not a big deal, but people who are sensitive to noise should avoid one of these rooms. It's very possible that rooms facing the back are quiet.

Also, it's about a half hour walk to the heart of everything (although you can catch a bus right in front of the hotel). We walked everywhere in Lisbon and the weather was wonderful, so we didn't mind the walk. But just know that this place is a little bit away from the center of action.

All in all, I would definitely recommend Palacio Ramalhete, and I cannot say enough about how nice the staff are, but request a room that does not overlook Janelas Verdes.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a room in the back (not overlooking Rua Janelas Verdes).
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MollydeA
Francisco R, Director General at Palacio Ramalhete, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear Mrs. Molly:

First at all we want to thank you for your kind words about our staff and the services that we have provided to you and your husband in your short visit to Lisboa. We are terribly sorry that your rest in the night has not be so pleasant due to the noises of cars, even with our double glass windows. Sometimes our guests comment about this, but there is not so much that wee can do, in such special days (holidays or weekends). Our rooms facing the gardens are more quite but in this occasion we couldn't offer you that chance.
We want to thank you also your for recommendation and the great description of our hotel, and we hope to host again in a future, and for a longer time!

We want to wish you a nice trip back home, and we look forward to see you again.

With our warmest regards

Francisco, Rafaela, Laura and the other members of our team in Palácio Ramalhete.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

My wife and I recently paid a visit to Lisbon and were lucky to choose Palacio Ramalhete for our base.

Without doubt we experienced a rare blend of genuine kindness and hospitality. Francisco and his team made us feel like we were visiting old friends, nothing was too much trouble.

We have travelled far and wide and can thoroughly recommend Palacio Ramalhete for any occasion. Thoughtfully renovated with beautiful original features,the house has spacious reception rooms, clean well presented bedrooms, and an outside terrace with pool, should you wish to take a morning swim.

Conveniently located with good transport links ,look no further should you be looking for somewhere to stay in Lisbon.

Congratulations Francisco you have it spot on !!

Room Tip: All the rooms are good!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CCDuffy
Francisco R, Director General at Palacio Ramalhete, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dear Mr. Colin:

Thank you so much for your kind words to me and my team. We are very proud that our service and attentions have been a great part of your short visit to Lisboa.
Our goal is to make feel more than welcome to our guests, and you have described your stay as our claim!
We really appreciate your recommendation to other visitors to Lisboa, and much more as you are a Senior contributor in Trip Advisor.

We hope to host you and your wife again in a future, and we will appreciate that friend of yours come to our hotel following your recommendations.

With my warmest regards

Francisco, Rafaela, Joâo and the other members of the team in Palácio Ramalhete

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Palacio Ramalhete was three days of bliss! Thank you so much to Francisco, the manager and his lovely staff. As soon as I arrived I knew I had chosen well. Such a calm, beautifully place with stylish designed rooms which cast shards of sunlight over the walls and furniture - to make it feel so welcoming. Each room allowed you to sit back and relax. Enjoy a drink from the bar and browse through the many interesting books on display, after a busy day of rambling and taking photos in Lisbon. I loved the outdoor garden spaces and especially the lovely pool and sun lounge area. My swims at the end of the day were just perfect! I would rather keep how lovely this beautiful place is to myself - as it is rather special. I know I will be back. Thank you to again to Francisco and his team for your warmth and kindness. I intend to read 'The Maias' asyou suggested. Karen-London. March 2014

Room Tip: I had one of the smaller rooms with an inner court yard, still very calming and happy with room. The...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank podtravel
Francisco R, Director General at Palacio Ramalhete, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Dear Karen.

Thank you so much for your kind words about me and my staff. Our main objective is to offer the best experience ever to our guests, and after I read your words it's clear that we got it!!
All descriptions about our hotel will be very helpful for other guests and we really appreciate your time in write about us and our services and facilities.

We trust that you will come again, and hope to thank you in person for this great review.
With my kindest regards

Francisco, Rafaela, Joâo and the other members of our team in Palácio Ramalhete

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Excellent service, cozy atmosphere, unique rooms and delicious breakfast!
Plus great tips of restaurants and places to visit in town.
Great wine tastings of a selected Portuguese range of reds, whites and portos.
Enjoy the best of Lisbon!

Room Tip: Every room is unique and charming!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ricardo M
Francisco R, Director General at Palacio Ramalhete, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Dear Mr. Ricardo:

Thank you very much for your kind words about your stay in our hotel during this February.
As you well has said, our bar has a selected variety of Portugueses´ wines plus a different choices of snacks and dishes, and we are delight that you have really enjoyed all of them.

Our guest relations staff is well prepared to recommend the best restaurants and places to visit, hence we consider your comments as an acknowledgement to our staff.

We trust to host you again in the future, and we hope that you have had a nice trip to home.

Warm regards

Reviewed 8 March 2014

My wife and I were married at Palacio Ramalhete in December of 2013.

The facility is beautiful and remarkably well kept. Our favorite part of the experience though was the staff. In particular, Francisco, who manages the hotel, went out of his way to make our time there exceptional. Even before we arrived, he helped me and my wife coordinate with the local restaurants and florists to ensure all the special touches were as we wanted.

Even as we each waited for the ceremony to begin, he and other staff members regularly checked on us make sure we were happy and prepared.

This was the most important and special experience of our lives, and the entire hotel staff recognized the significance and genuinely cared. I am humbled by all they gave us. We were strangers to them when we arrived, but recognizing the significance of the event, they treated us like friends and family.

I recommend the hotel as highly as I possibly can. More importantly, I feel forever indebted to the hotel and staff for helping create the wedding we so desired.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ChrisandCait930
Francisco R, Director General at Palacio Ramalhete, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2014

Dear Chris and Cait:

We want again to congratulate you for your wedding, and that your live together is full of happy moments. We are truly happy that one of those moments has been the days that you have been in Palácio Ramalhete, and you keep us in your memories for a long time.

Our most important goal is to offer the most personalized service and make that our guests feel as at home (better than that, really). After we have read your words, we know that our goal was fully achieved!!

We think that more words to thank you for your review are useless and we only wish you all the best in your new live, and we hope to see you again in a near future. Maybe in one of yours anniversaries.

Warmest regards

Francisco, Daniela, Rafaela and the other members of the team in Palácio Ramalhete.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

Excellent hotel with gracious helpful staff. Breakfast is wonderful--great setting and terrific selection compared to our other hotels in Barcelona, Sevilla and Madrid. Location a bit off the beaten track--walking into heart of Lisbon OK but not on daily basis. If staff recommends restaurant, take their advice and go--you will not be disappointed. One caveat--we had Ramalhete Suite as we travelled with adult daughter--on Christmas night the people in the next door building ( not fellow hotel clients ) talked all night long--thankfully, we had earplugs which allowed us to sleep--this only happened once during our 4 night stay.Otherwise, excellent in all respects.

Room Tip: Ramalhete Suite might get noise from adjacent building--internal rooms probably quieter.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank blackiecharlie
Francisco R, Director General at Palacio Ramalhete, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2014

Dear Guest:
Thank you very much for your kind comments about our hotel and service. We really appreciate that the recommendations done by our guest's relations have been of your delight, because we always try to offer the best experience to our guests.
We are sorry that you have had that small problem with the noise of our neighbors but thanks that it was only in Christmas Eve.
We hope to see again in the future and we thank you for your recommendation to our friends and family.

We hope that you have had a nice trip going back home, and our best wishes for 2014!!

Francisco, Daniela, Rafaela and the other members of our team in Palácio Ramalhete

Reviewed 4 January 2014

Palacio Ramalhete is the most beautiful hotel we have stayed in. The décor is stylish and the rooms are palatial yet cosy at the same time. It looks even better in real life than in the artfully taken photographs on the hotel's web site. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff who made us feel truly welcome and made our stay all the more special. We have already recommended Palacio Ramalhete to our friends and family and will stay here again next time we come to Lisbon.

Adrian and Marjorie

Room Tip: The larger bedrooms with a bathroom bigger than our living room are well worth the extra if you can...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Adrian S
Francisco R, Director General at Palacio Ramalhete, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Dear Adrian and Marjorie:

Fro us has been a real pleasure to host you during these days, and we are very delight that you have already recommended us to your friends and family!
Our goal is to give the best service to our guests, and it seems that we have gotten with you.
We wish you a nice year 2014, and we look forward to see again in a short time in your next time in Lisboa.

Warmest regards