Hotel Roma
US$307
US$218
US$190
1,640 results
All reviewsmetro stationclose to the airportcity centreone night staythree starbreakfast was includedcold meatswater pressurebudget hotelcampo pequenochecking outpastriesclean hotelthe air conditioningrooms are spaciousvisiting lisboneuros
Reviewed 7 November 2013

THE BEST: Close to the Underground, good breakfast buffet, many rooms, comfortable and nice wellcome.
THE WORST: Private parking costs an extra, too much noise in the main hall.
OTHER: The lifts are fast but small...

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Breakfast - OK
Service - OK
Location - OK
Quality - OK

Problem I have (and most American's will have) is the ELEVATORS ARE GROSSLY TINY AND CLAUSTROPHOBIC! I will not recommend this to anyone because of simply the elevators. It's is like a 2' X 2' box. Imagine that? Only myself and one kid, and one suitcase can fit inside the lift so you better say your prayers that it doesn't get stuck.

Why would they make a large hotel with such tiny tiny elevators? I guess if you stay on the ground floor it's good? I would never stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Linyi2013
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I stayed at the Hotel Roma in Lisbon over one night in March 2013. The hotel is situated about one block from the Roma metro station on the Green Line. In just a matter of minutes you can be in the center of the historical district by riding the nice, comfortable Lisbon Metro about 7 stops to the center.

The area in which the hotel is situated is nothing special; it is definitely not an area in which tourists would be interested. However, it is a safe, modern business locale that has a few cafes/restaurants and shops along the Avenida de Roma. I walked about at night in the area immediately around the hotel and never felt unsafe.

The property is a multi-story modern building that serves its purpose well as a hotel. Check-in was fast and there is a bell-boy to help with luggage. I wouldn't say that the hotel is contemporary in its decor, relying mostly on light-colored wood furnishings that hearken back to the 80s and 90s, but everything is in good working order and well-maintained. The room I stayed in (a standard double with queen-sized bed) was of average size, clean and nicely appointed. The bathroom, although on the smaller side, was also clean and fully functioning. I can say that I certainly did not feel as though I was staying in luxury, but neither did I feel as though I was in anything less than a 4-star property.

Breakfast was included in my rate, however as I had an early flight the next day, I was not able to partake of breakfast. I did notice that the hotel had a fairly large bar just off the bright and spacious lobby that provided a cozy environment for some drinks after a long day of business or sightseeing, as the case may be. The airport is about a 10-minute/8 Euros taxi ride away or you can take the Metro (change to Red Line) and save yourself a few euros.

All in all I am very satisfied with my stay at the Roma Hotel. Whether you are in Lisbon for business or holiday, it is good choice for closeness to public transport and its amenities. I would definitely stay at the Roma should I find myself in Lisbon again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank cadejo63
Reviewed 19 October 2013

This is a nice hotel but the number of tour groups coming and going make for chaos and overcrowding. Elevators are almost impossible to get into so ask for a room on a lower floor so you can take the stairs. It is one block to the Metro and 7 stops to the centre. there is free wifi.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank jubliladaviajar
Reviewed 12 October 2013

We had booked the largest room 44 m2 with balcony. 2 sofas and coffee table separate from the bed part. Lovely breakfast and a service top notch. The hotel is located close to public transport is easy to navigate in. The city has several shopping malls. The city is very hilly so you have to have the right shoes on. The people are extremely helpful and very friendly.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple