“Average hotel with average services but good breakfast and nice staff!”
Review of Jeronimos 8

Jeronimos 8
Ranked #162 of 248 Hotels in Lisbon
Dartmouth, Massachusetts
“Average hotel with average services but good breakfast and nice staff!”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Stayed here for the first two nights of a Portugal and Spain road trip vacation. The hotel is located just outside of Lisbon near Belem. We arrived at the hotel in our rental car about 2pm after an exhausting overnight flight from the states. We were lucky and found free parking right outside the hotel. We unloaded the car ourselves, checked in and took our luggage to our room. I do not remember any staff member asking to assist us but it could be that I was so tired I did not even notice an offer of assistance. The hotel is located within walking distance to most of the historical sites of Belem including the Belem tower, the Explorer's monument, Jeronimo's monastery and several museums. There are also a few good restaurants and bakeries within walking distance. The staff at this hotel are friendly and offer advice when needed. The breakfast is very good and the wait staff are very kind. I found the room to be on the small side with an awkward bath/shower set up. The shower is very difficult to step into if you are of small stature (short) as you must climb over the very high bathtub covered in marble with the only handle to grip located on the inside of the shower. I slipped and bruised my knee on the way into the shower! I am not an old person at all and this happen to me. If you are short and older, I would consider this shower/bathroom situation as a drawback to staying here.

Room Tip: Careful when getting into and out of the shower...very slippery!!!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Luvsfood2

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Huddersfield
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Jeronomos 8 is a modern hotel in Belem, near the Torre do Belem. The lobby is modern, fresh and comfortable, The welcome from the staff is professional and pleasant.

The hotel offers a range of rooms, my single use twin room was a little compact. Fine for my single use but perhaps a bit tight for a couple, and the access to the bath, for someone of any infirmity, or, shall we say large frame, could be interesting...

The hotel has a Bistro bar, I dined there on both nights. It is never fun going to a restaurant in a strange city on your own. The food, possibly microwaved was actally quite presentable. The service from the bar done with a smile, and the house red was of a quality that would embarass most mid range wines in UK restaurants.

Would I stay here again? I think I would. It is 20 minutes from the airport, a short walk from the harbour at Belem and its parcs and museums.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank EwanFiona
Memmingen, Germany
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Very convenient location, great service, good breakfast, modern room (our room was very spacious and comfortable with big bathroom). We could park our car without any problem on the street in front of the hotel, free! Public transportation, many great sites, restaurants, etc. within walking distance. Good and safe area!

Room Tip: Get a room on higher floors away from the main street - and it will be absolutely quiet!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank PJS514
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I have just returned from a week in Lisbon, been there for a professional conference. Actually I chose thie hotel randomally from a list of hotels given to me.
I was lucky!
The hotel is situated in Belem, a rather historic part of the city and just facing the beautiful monastery after which it is named.
The neighborhood is peaceful, a very impportant fact for me.
I have celiac disease and the dining room provided a gluten free bread as well as ceral for breakfast.
This is not very obviuos in many hotels..
And last-The hotel is nicely decorated, modern, clean and the stuff is super friendly!!
I recommend with all my heart
Sonia
Israel

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank sonia m
Clermont, Florida
Reviewed 13 September 2013

This hotel is across the street from the Monastery and 6 other attractions in Lisbon. The # 15 tram stops at the Monastery from downtown every 20 minutes. It's clean,quiet with good beds and pillows. The rooms are small but manageable. The breakfast is huge with warm fresh Pastei's. We got to the airport in one hour from the hotel by using the #15 tram to the metro then into the airport. I would absolutely book this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank murpsus20
Sydney
Reviewed 17 August 2013

We stayed at Jeronimos8 for 5days/4nights and liked the location in Belem very much. The reception staff is super friendly and very helpful. As it was summer holiday season it was very hard to get a rental car. The front desk guy - who greeted us very friendly when we arrived went out of his way trying 40mins to find us a car and managed with the 5 car rental company a commercial Fiat Doplo, not our dream holiday car, but he found the impossible for a reasonable price.

The hotel itself is good, but not great. We had a Junior suite on the 4th floor - room 307. The room looks a bit tired with wall and furniture scratches and a spotty flooring. Its next to the elevator and therefore one could hear the noise from early morning to about midnight, nothing for people with a light sleep.

Breakfast is nice, bit gets boring after the second day. Nice scrambled eggs, original Pasteis from the famous bakery next door, good strong coffee, fresh fruit and yummy cold cuts, but every day the very same. The kitchen seemed to be just underneath our room, as we could smell the brekkie every morning from 7am onwards through the aircon... made us hungry, but the smell was kind of oily.

All in all, it was a nice stay, in a great location with some real upside (staff) and some really downsides (room).

Room Tip: Avoid room 307, as it is next to the elevator!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Capelle aan den IJssel, The Netherlands
Reviewed 1 August 2013

The hotel is located across the street from the Jerónimos Monastry. The famous Pastei de Belém is just around the corner as wel as Starbucks and Mc Donalds. There are bus and tram stops within 1 min walk from the hotel as well.
The room we had was spacious, quiet and a good working airconditioning. The king bed is large and very comfortable. The shower & bath is a bit small but good. There are 2 sinks which is convenient.
The interior is too white and empty in my opinion (it looked like someone tried to kill a mosquito on the ceiling). It could use some decoration.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tom C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lisbon
Palacio do Governador
Casa Amarela Belem
#134 of 433 in Lisbon
Famous Crows Hostel
#315 of 659 in Lisbon District

Been to Jeronimos 8? Share your experiences!