Hotel A. S. Lisboa
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
Hotel Luena(Lisbon)
View Hotel
All reviewsmetro stationgreen lineyogurtbasic hotelhotel is perfectincluded breakfastrooms are smalltwo nightslocation is greatpastel de nataalamedaairportcitytaximinibarhousekeepingestoril
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 April 2012

Bottom line – recommended. Now to details.
We found hotel situated at perfect spot. 10 meters from Metro station entry. Perfect.
From there not too long ride to anywhere. Rooms are big, well maintained, bathroom has bath and hot shower. All rooms facing street but all windows are double, so we haven't heard any noise. TV small if it matters. Breakfast really good, buffet relatively to Europe is good and includes hot plates as well. Coffee and juice sucks, but with so many good coffee shops we just skipped it. If you want there is small super market 5 min from there for any upgrades.

Tip: Lisboa card is expensive and can be bought only in few places (Metro is not one of them). Based on our visit plan, we took it for 2 days (31.5 euro/card). Bottom line saved maybe few euros at the end – so do your calculations…

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank SkyboyTel_Aviv
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Nice hotel, clean, confortable bed, very friendly and helpful staff.
I was there for 5 days and it was a pleasure to stay there.
I paid 40€/night for a 3 persons room in the 8th floor. (via booking.com)
There is only a small bad thing : you can hear a bit the sound of the underground metro, but this looks to be the case in the whole city nearby every metro station.
The place nearby is beautiful and it 15min or less to Bairo Alto (Baxia Ciado metro station)

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank sofiane_H
Reviewed 5 January 2012

This hotel is established in a fantastic location, because it is not down town but the metro and bus stations are in front of the hotel. It is also in front of a big park and the view is beactiful. The service is really very good and the rooms are very confortable. I recommend this hotel and I believe for families is ideal because the children can play in this very big park. I was very lucky because during my stay Lisboa had festival, so I had the chance to hear a fados concert in this park. The view from my room was fantastic as I could see a very big part of the city (hill with the castle, as well as Tagos river, a bridge and the Jesus Statue).

Room Tip: higher floors have fantastic view
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank maria_grigoriadi
Reviewed 31 August 2011

Spent 2 nites at less than E50 pn which included a good variety for breakfast. I have posted some pictures which speaks a hundred words. Yes reviews about the scrambled eggs looking watery, plain looking tasteless sausages are spot on but the variety of breads, cereals should be a compensating factor. If you did not include a breakfast package the cafe just opposite the hotel should offer you a rich variety of pastry including the famed Portugese egg custard.

The room are comforable enough and spacious and there were hardly much noise as the windows are double -glazed. The air con could be a tard noisy and there is always this option of opening the window.

More positives than negatives and even if the decor at lobby looks tired, these are compensated by cosy tables to have a cup of coffee or tea.

Yes, i would also compliment front desk for their helpfulness including booking a taxi to airport which costs less than E6.70 per trip.

The location of being next to the Metro (Almeida) is a big plus for getting to Belem (note the trains do not go to Belem and you have to get out of the Metro to tram up to Belem.

Free internet access at lobby if you do not have your iphone or ipad to surf.

OKAY look at my pictures and decide for yourself if it is worth E50 a nite (rates depending on internet offer and dates etc,)

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank Highadventurer
Reviewed 25 July 2011

My family stayed here one night because of it's proximity to the airport in Lisbon. Check in was a breeze, rooms were very clean and the night's stay included breakfast. The breakfast though for most would be considered brutal. I winced when I saw the scrambled eggs and sausages, the only real edibles were the breads. I also did not feel 100% safe in that neighborhood, alot of seedy-looking individuals around. Fortunately, there's a café right across the street that serves meals. Parking is also an issue around there. The night we stayed there was a family that arrived upstairs around 1 am and their children were yelling and jumping on the beds for a good 5 minutes - obviously I can't blame the hotel for this but it tarnished my overall impression.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family