Hotel Alif Avenidas
Corinthia Hotel Lisbon(Lisbon)
US$227
US$184
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express Lisbon Oeiras(Lisbon)(Great Value!)
US$66
HIExpress.com
US$210
US$149
US$221
US$204
  • Room Service
All reviewsblue linemetro stationsao sebastiao stationbuilding work taking placepastriesel cortecomplimentary bottlebig bedhotel breakfastfour starrooms are cleanhotel entrancenice bathroomrain showercity centrebottled watergood size
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Positives: Friendly, helpful staff; hotel staff give even more info and have better attitude than the employees in the tourist info offices and bus depots in Albufeira and Lisbon; clean modern rooms with very comfy beds; very well located to subway line and restaurants; on Duque de Avila that is one-way and has an excellent bike path; 10 minutes walk from Our Lady of Fatima Catholic Church with several mass services; near 2 well known museums; walking distance to El Corte Ingles dept. store; subway line to airport nearby; or can take Aerobus from airport where the drop-off is about 15 minutes walk away; street is quiet and calming at night.

Negatives: rooms are small and sometimes you can hear other guests showering in the upper floors; no coffee machine.

Overall, I highly recommend this hotel!! We will certainly go back ourselves.

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Lena5209
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Great location for sightseeing. Metro station is very close, hop on-hop off bus station is close also. Couple of cafés in the vicinity so no need to pay for the hotel breakfast.
The lobby staff was very well informed of tourist information. Filled us in on a lot of what was happening within the city and what to go see.
A different staff though was not as nice. He promised to let us know of the train timetable from Lisbon to Porto and he didn't get back to us.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 February 2014

A great value for the money: luxury rooms, near the center, conveniently located at walking distance from underground. We stay here for 9 days. Really a great hotel, service and rooms really up, cleaning is on the first place. I highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Rooms on Front.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 December 2013

LOCATION: Really really good. The metro station (Sao Sebastiao) is in front of the hotel, and this line takes you directly to the airport. On the other hand, not far to the downtown by metro, as well.

STAFF: They were friendly at any moment, although after I checked in, I felt quite unconfortable as a guy from the Hotel insisted on carrying on my luggage (in fact it was a really small suitcase)...I didn't want it since I knew I would have to give him some tips..but its ok...I really recommend to the staff (in case they are reading this opinion) not to insist...

BREAKFAST: It was good, good variety. My recommendation is (in case you can have breakfast after 8am) to try to have breakfast in a coffe shop that is next to the Hotel. I am pretty sure you can save money. Honestly I couldnt try it as I had to leave the hotel earlier than 8am, but I would recommend to try the coffe shop (just to check prize and quality).

ROOM: It was really clean. Absolutely no noise. Everything looked really new. Bed confortable...BUT...pillows were really UNCONFORTABLE...they were TOO soft. Honestly: really unconfortable.

BATHROOM: It was really clean.

INTERNET: It was FREE. I have already read you have to pay if you want to use internet. I must say that I didnt have to pay. I was asked the number of devices, in my case it was 3 devices (2 cell phones and 1 laptop) and I was given 3 pieces of paper with the 3 different wifi users and passwords. This papers contained the information that 10 euros have to be paid in order to use the internet, but this information was crossed out with a pen. I guess they have changed their policy

CONCLUSIONS: Really good location. Confortable bed. Really unconfortable pillows. Really clean, no noise at all. Good variety of breakfast. Nice staff with the "but".

Its a good hotel. I am giving 4 stars because there are some points to change in my opinion, although their internet policy change lets me think that they take into account the guests opinions and therefore it can be a place I will go again in a future.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cnd85Traveler
Reviewed 23 November 2013

We stayed a few nights at the Hotel Alif Avenidas and had a general positive stay. There were varying levels of friendliness from the men working at the front desk (one rather friendly and one a bit rude/cold), and the porter was very kind and helpful. The hotel is located right outside a metro stop that also serves the airport, so it's easy to metro into the historical city center or metro out to the airport. We were bummed to have to pay for wifi to check email for a few minutes.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple