“Nice Big Rooms”

Ranked #190 of 251 Hotels in Lisbon
Bandung, Indonesia
“Nice Big Rooms”
Reviewed 1 November 2011

Vip Execuitive suites has quite a few hotels and this one is close to the City Centre, where all the Tourist buses start.
Rooms are big ,though a little outdated. Kitchen is nice and I managed to cook for myself for all the 4 nights of stay.
The staff is very friendly and helpful with all the tourist information.
The hotel is 4 mins walking from the square and has many good eating joints around it , including Chinese and Indian.
Did not try the breakfast.
Overall, good value for money.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Front are nicer then facing back.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank seawaves

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Coimbra
Reviewed 31 October 2011

The room was clean, and the stuffs were polite. Internet was not free.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Huddersfield
Reviewed 12 October 2011

Stayed for a long weekend with friends from 7th to 10th October. Rooms were large but looked slightly tired and could do with a refurb but were clean and functional. However whilst the hotel is within walking distance of the centre the area itself is not the best. Lots of noise from the nightclub across the road and traffic. Breakfast was basic but ok. Biggest concern was security. Our friends were the victim of pickpockets on the first day and I had my camera stolen from the hotel restaurant during breakfast. There were no security cameras and staff were unresponsive. I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Lisbon hotels

Vught
Reviewed 9 October 2011

We got a suite for just € 80.00/night. The rooms need some refurnishing and redecorating.
The facilities and staff are fully OK though. The breakfast is really outstanding.
It is a 15 minute walk to downtown Lisbon from here. The view from the hotel (backside) is to be denied.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 1 July 2011

the hotel is very convenient located, very close to the Praça do Marquês de Pombal. this plaza is starting point for numerous tourist buses.
also, the hotel is only 20 min away from the airport.
the room was very big but could definitely need some refurbishment, the carpet has a lot of stains and the hotel is not offering slippers...
the breakfast is very basic, I would recommend to eat someplace else. a few minutes away from the hotel you can find a supermarket and a lot of place where we can eat.
the staff is very friendly and helpful.
overall I would recommend this hotel and I will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Antenutza
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Reviewed 30 June 2011

This hotel is nice . Close to Marques de Pombal and Av. de Libertad - centrally situated. The room was big, but not clean. Bathroom and toilet were clean. Helpful staff. Very loudness AC. It likes a plane. Bad! Atmosphere-free bar. Good breakfast. In totally could better

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank uteregg
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2011

Hotel looks beautiful from the outside and thought this would be a lovely place for a 1 night stay. We didn't book so we turned up on the off chance. They had a room available. Well the room was old and outdated, old fashioned. Looks like it's not been modernised since the 60s but it was clean and the beds were comfortable. One of the reasons we stayed at this hotel as it advertised WiFi and I needed to able to do some work. We paid €20 for two vouchers. When we got to the room there was no signal at all. Only in the corridor. I went back to reception and asked for our money back, they refused. They got very very rude and I said that I wanted my money back as I had paid for something that doesn't work.They said it was impossible to give us out money back. I demanded another room and they said the hotel was fully booked. Then suddenly a customer came in and the other receptionist said they had rooms available.

They only gave us a refund in the end because I made a big scene every time someone came into reception.

We decided to go up and use the pool on the roof, another reason why we booked this hotel. When we got up there the pool was closed and the colour of the water was pond green, looked disgusting. Why didn't they tell us when we booked that the pool was closed. Another failure.

We went out for the day in Lisbon and had some dinner, we decided to go back to the roof top bar of the hotel and have some drinks. We got up there and said to the barman, can we get a bottle of wine and he said that he didn't serve wine, even though there was a group of people with wine. We asked for Champagne as we could see a bottle behind the bar. He refused and said they only served Champagne to large groups. We completely gobsmacked. I have never ever met a bar that wouldn't serve wine or Champagne. We later found out that the barman wanted to close the bar early and if we bought wine, it might mean we'd be there for an hour or two.

We went across the road to the hotel opposite and had a wonderful wonderful few drinks on their roof top bar.

I have stayed at hotels all over the world, and I can honestly say this is the worst hotel I have ever ever stayed at. I was so angry with the service in this hotel, I wanted to complain to the local tourist board.

Please please seriosuly think very carefully before staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't actually stay here
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends