We had a good stay at this hotel. The staff was extremely friendly and willing to answer all our questions, the location was great and close to all the tourist buses that take you around Lisbon and the room was very spacious.
We took a taxi to get to the hotel from the airport: it was only 12 euro with a tip.
The rooms have a small kitchen and you can ask for all utensils from the reception. The only strange thing that there was no kettle in the room, so we had to boil water in a pan.
The room is cleaned every day and they also change the bed linen every days. Bathroom has hairdryer, shampoo and shower gel provided, but do bring your own body lotion.
We did not have breakfast included in the room rate, but we went round the corner to the small supermarket where we bought all necessary things for breakfast. A few days we had our breakfast in one of the cafes down the road.
You need to pay for WIFI which i normally find very strange and that's probably one of the things that I did not like about this hotel.
The other thing is air conditioning: it is extremely noisy and old fashioned. You can not sleep with it working and it also smells of burned rubber when it is working. Think about it when booking this hotel during summer: it will be too hot without the air con.
Many people mention the dirty carpet. I do not think it is dirty it is just one of those unfortunate carpets that seem to change color if you brush them the wrong way. The room is definitely clean and the furniture although probably not the most contemporary is rather new and also clean. The room is very spacious and can easily accommodate a family with at least two children if needed. The room we stayed in could be divided into two rooms by a partition.
All in all it was a good hotel and I would definitely recommend it if you are looking for a less pricey accommodation in Lisbon
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Aparthotel VIP Executive Marques has at your disposal 84 spacious studios with complete kitchenette that make all the difference by combining the two sides of your life, work and family. Our services offered were made thinking of our clients' comfort - enjoy a relaxing sauna or the swimming pool on the terrace with a panoramic view over the city. You can also use our bar after a day's work. To organize meetings, we have available a conference room, situated on the top floor with natural light. With capacity for up to 50 persons. The Aparthotel VIP Executive Suites Marques is located in the city centre, less than 150 meters from Marques de Pombal Square and the famous Avenida da Liberdade, also has a prime location for easy access to public transportation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your VIP Executive Marques Aparthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vip Executive Suites Marques Aparthotel Hotel Lisbon
- Vip Executive Hotel Marques
- Vip Executive Lisbon