My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. It was close to the metro and there was a variety of restaurants nearby (some good, some not so good). The room was a good size, and the bathroom also. The bed a bit on the hard side, but no worse than others we had slept on during our travels. Breakfast was sufficient and provided a good start to the day (bread, ham, cheese, fresh fruit, cereal, yoghurt etc). The staff were helpful, but not all understood much English, so was a challenge at times. Usually easier to wait for the next shift. We felt very safe in this area, and there was always a staff member on the door at night which was kept locked and only unlocked to allow you to enter. Our room was room 3, on the ground floor, and only 3 steps up to the landing. There are nice little sitting areas outside the rooms, and a computer and printer available for use. The overall feel was one of homeliness.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Casa de Sao Mamede" is a small family hotel (26 rooms). Built in the XVIIIth century as the residence of a magistrate. This beautiful building has maintained all the charm of an old family home. It is one of the first buildings to be constructed in the traditional system of "birdcage" - earthquake proof construction used after earthquake of 1755. Having been adapted to a hotel unit in 1948 it knew how to keep throughout the years, the treatment, the tradition and the atmosphere of a true family house. Always trying to preserve the past we did not relinquish however the comfort requirements that contemporary life demands so all the rooms have: private bathroom, telephone, digital safe, satellite television, double glass and air-conditioned with individual command. The fact that we're dealing with a small hotel type unit allow us to grant a more personalized treatment to each customer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Casa De Sao Mamede reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa De Sao Mamede Hotel Lisbon
- Casa De Sao Mamede Lisbon