“could not honour booking ...”

Residencial Florescente
Ranked #29 of 262 Lisbon B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 May 2012

due to flooding, booked us another, higher standard hotel at the same price. Excellent service.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,556)

Reviewed 7 May 2012

Although I didn't book here as I stayed with a group of friends it turned out to be quite a find in more than ways than one. Most importantly I was quite surprised at how little I had to pay in advance for such a location in the centre of a European capital.
The man on reception on arrival was friendly, humorous and a pleasure to do business with and I thought that we had found a great place.
The lounge at the rear seemed a little unused which was a shame as it was a nice space to relax. The group I was with used it as a meeting point before going out.
The clean and adequate twin bedroom at the front of the hotel although a little compact for some made most use of the space and didn't seem overcrowded. As expected with any city, there were street noise & early morning light issues on the first night but were resolved by closing the shutters & bathroom door on the second night. My main issue was the unavailability of hot water in the bathroom, something that my roommate didn't sympathise with as he preferred cold showers. It turned out that there was a similar problem with another room on the same floor used by another two friends in my group & it was nice to experience hot water in the sink adjacent to the lounge toilet.
The breakfast room had a sleek look (it doubled as an evening restaurant for non residents) and although there was plenty of choice, a couple of the hot ingredients were a little disappointing. However there were enough decent things including the scrambled egg to satisfy my appetite as I reminded myself about the mixture of the price I paid and the value I was receiving. On a side note I felt that the restaurant staff were unfriendly but after a few days I decided for whatever reason that there were just unhappy in their work (The only member of staff that spoke to me was the man on Reception). On a more philosophical note, this is the feeling that I get from several aspects of Lisbon as they still have to realise the full tourist potential of their city within the European stage.
The street outside and the route down to the square is full of restaurant touts that you ignore by day two and interestingly enough on a personal souvenir trip later in the day I was ignored by them. Incidentally we did eat at the nearby pre-researched Bon Jardim & Casa do Alentejo which were very nice. Another night we were also impressed by Cervejaria Trindade on Rue Nova da Trindade & sampled some cheap authentic local cuisine at a small place on Rue de Sao Pedro.
We got a 3 day Lisbon card at the Airport that proved excellent value for both travel and free / discounted tourist attractions at Belem, Sintra and around the immediate city.
The best recommendation I can give anybody visiting Lisbon more so than any other European city that I have sampled is to take the most comfortable shoes ever for walking on the small uneven street tiles that are beautiful but literally everywhere.
If I return to Lisbon, the praise I would give Residencial Florescente would be that it will be first on my list to check out on Trip Advisor to see if there are any other comments about the staff & ... the Hot Water !

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 May 2012

This hotel is perfect and we had a wonderful stay! Perfect location, very clean and pleasant room with fresh towels every day, great breakfast, and very friendly staff, an absolute 10+!! Very good quality for low price!! I can recomment this hotel to anyone. Flora and Leo, Leiden, Holland

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 May 2012

Basic standard, but clean room and bathroom and comfortable, large beds (a double room with twin beds). Delicious breakfast, except the coffee which was not what I expect to get in southern Europe.
Avoid, if possible, the rooms facing the street. I stayed there some rainy, cold days in april, and the noice was already loud enough. I can only imagine how bad it will be during the warm summer nights!
The location is perfect, close to everything. If you are looking for luxury, this is not the place, but if you like a hotel with a decent standard conserning the cleanliness and the breakfast, I can recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Just back with my friends (5 mature couples) from a fabulous stay in this small friendly hotel. We picked this location to be in the heart of the action and we were not dissappointed. Every thing you wanted was close at hand. The hotel had a cosy feel to it and a very comfortable lounge to the back which was invaluable as a meeting place before exploring. Yes the rooms are small and basic but adequate as a clean and comfortable base. We found the beds very firm and great for a good nights sleep. Breakfast was fine and the staff very accommodating. We paid 75 euros a night and it was great value. Front desk personnel were helpful and rooms were well kept by the maids whom we really did not see as we were out and about so much. Would definitely recommend this hotel. The rooms to the front can get very noisy. Out of the 3 night stay Friday night /early Saturday morning was the worst as the delivery men seemed to think that they needed to shout to each other. Minor nuissance to me.

Reviewed 18 April 2012

The Residencial Florescente is in an ideal central Lisbon location - close to Metro, airport bus, Rossio station (for Sintra) and within walking distance of many sights and main tram routes. Its on a street full of restaurants (with some annoying touts trying to lure you into their place) and there can be some noise issues in the evening, but the shutters keep most of that out.

The bedroom was a bit small, perhaps smaller than the very large bathroom. Good buffet breakfast. Very helpful and informative receptionists.

1  Thank Brightontraveller-2
Reviewed 17 April 2012

We stayed here for two nights, three single rooms (April 12-14), the hotel is very small, rooms very very small, medium sized bathrooms with bad positioning of WC, tub without shower curtain made bathroom wet after shower. Internet in room 104 was very weak plus the GSM signals were very weak.

Hardly saw any hotel staff smiling, in fact they welcomed us with grumpy big face... quite surprising. Same even with the restaurant staff.

Good thing about this hotel are: Centrally located, average priced and good quality breakfast compared to other hotels in the Europe.

Probably we will not stay here again as there are hotels close by available slightly higher rate but with good quality rooms.

There were no iron provided by the hotel due to security reasons it seems....

Room Tip: probably pay slightly higher and go for another hotel