The hotel itself is actually quite cool. Beds are comfortable, the location is great, and the next to empty bar makes a mean caipirinha. We stayed in two different concept rooms; tribal and zen. The Tribal rooms are beautiful, however they are quite dark, which is one of the reasons we wanted to switch to a zen room.
The second reason brings me to my negative point about this place: the fact that their website says that medium to extra large rooms includes a balcony. When we asked about this (we actually asked two different people at the reception) they both said no. The man said that they do not have balconies at all, and the woman seemed to think we were being difficult by asking if we could get a room with a balcony, and seemed reluctant to help us and said "but the room you have now is a really big room".
Finally we met a danish girl at the reception desk who basicly said "when you booked the room you imagined a zen room with a balcony? then that's what we'll get you". Later that day we got our new room, which was smaller but had a balcony, and it was beautiful. So besides the danish girl and the guy who helped us with our bags and showed us our rooms the staff didn't seem very helpful to me.
All in all; great design, clean and quiet rooms at a superb location, but 50% of the staff should work on being more service minded, given the fact that they work at a hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoying the best possible location in Lisbon, this modern boutique design hotel is born, like a phoenix, from the ancient structures of one of the first luxury hotels in Portugal. The daring use of the colour Lilac in its façade, right on the traditional Rossio Square, denounce to the world the purposes of reinvention and exclusivity offered to a happy few. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda, Cancelon, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Internacional Design Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Internacional Design Lisbon
- Hotel Internacional Design