Really enjoyed staying here, the location is great right on a central square with plenty of restaurants and sites within walking distance - as is the waterfront. The trams run past the hotel also. From the airport you can get the airport bus and it drops you on the square the hotel is on so I wouldnt bother getting a taxi. The welcome from the staff was very warm and they kept that standard up on every interaction with them. We had a welcome drink (restricted choice) but a nice start and the bar which is where breakfast is also served is a lovely airy room nicely laid out that overlooks the square and set the tone for our visit. The room we stayed in was small but with a modern feel and was very clean with a nice bathroom and it overlooked the square. The staff went out of their way to guide us towards restaurant choices and make the bookings, we had read a recomendation but were persuaded to go to a more local choice which was one of the highlights of our visit to Portugal. Breakfast was excellent - lovely food and many choices from a buffet as well as omelettes or pancakes etc you could order to be made fresh for you. Would go back to stay again. Quite a different neighbourhood to The Mercy Hotel where we stayed after spending a few weeks up the coast - that would be my only consideration on choosing this again. This hotel is down in the city centre and not far from the castle etc. The Mercy is in Bairro Alto sitting up across the road from tiny streets of bars & restaurants.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoying the best possible location in Lisbon, this modern boutique design hotel is born, like a phoenix, from the ancient structures of one of the first luxury hotels in Portugal. The daring use of the colour Lilac in its façade, right on the traditional Rossio Square, denounce to the world the purposes of reinvention and exclusivity offered to a happy few. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TravelUp, Priceline, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Internacional Design Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Internacional Design Lisbon
- Hotel Internacional Design