“Feeling welcome in the centre of Lisbon” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Internacional Design Hotel

Internacional Design Hotel
Ranked #38 of 247 Hotels in Lisbon
Geneva, Switzerland
“Feeling welcome in the centre of Lisbon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

Family owned design hotel in great location. 20 minute taxi ride from the airport and close to a metro station. Around the corner from Santa Justa Lift and Old Town. Very friendly and helpful staff. Fun interior with many interesting design features. Staff brings little free pastries to the room in the afternoon. Just another little gesture that makes one feel very welcome at this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I_Design_Hotel, Front Office Manager at Internacional Design Hotel, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Dear Guest,

I was happy to read your friendly review about our hotel.

It pleases us to know that our daily treats and our dedicated service left such good impressions throughout your stay.

Please let me know if you are coming back to Lisbon, it will be a pleasure to help you planning your next stay.

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Malmesbury, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

For me the two outstanding things about this hotel are the excellent staff for whom nothing was too much trouble and the perfect central location. I very much like contemporary design and boutique style hotels (thus my booking) however this hotel has some flaws. Our first floor room had blackout curtains but no net curtain or blind and for any privacy from the street we had to close the curtains and use artificial light. This is very annoying during daylight hours. The contemporary bathroom was very good and interesting but the useless dim lighting was quite hopeless for putting contacts in or cosmetics on etc. The very sparse furnishing, poor lighting and grey walls made our room feel more cave like than chic. Our room was really more “design statement” than a pleasure to stay in and relax. Our room was spacious and quite clean and had a huge low bed. Regrettably, for the reasons above, I would hesitate before recommending the hotel to friends. I really wanted to like this hotel.

2 Thank William G
I_Design_Hotel, Owner at Internacional Design Hotel, responded to this review, 20 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable review and for the compliments you have mentioned about our location and amazing staff.

We are all extremely passionate about our guests and very committed to providing the best experience and customer service possible.

I apologize that we did not meet your expectations concerning the comfort and decoration of your room. I personally took notes about the curtains and lights and it will be addressed to our Maintenance Department.

If you come back to our city again I would like to invite you to visit us so I can show you our improvements and the design of the others three concepts.

I hope to welcome you again in the future and wish you the very best.

Warm Regards

Alexandre Martins
CEO
The Hague, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

Perfect location, perfect service and best breakfast ever!!! The place to stay for a city trip in Lisbon!!!
At check-in the staff was efficient, service orientated and did their job with a smile. We felt welcome and at home. We kept this feeling during our entire stay.

Room Tip: Book the breakfast...love goes through the stomach in the end...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I_Design_Hotel, Front Office Manager at Internacional Design Hotel, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for taking you time to review our Hotel.

I am glad we could make you feel at home for a memorable visit to the beautiful city of Lisbon. Our team’s goal is to provide you with the best possible stay.

Feel free to contact me next time you are coming to Lisbon. I would be happy to help you plan your next visit.

Jesup, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

This quirky, fun hotel was just wonderful!! The staff were so helpful....from dinner reservations to printing our airline boarding passes, they couldn't have been more helpful. The location is amazing....right in the heart of everything with more dining choices than you can imagine a short stroll away. Breakfast every morning was varied & good. We were so happy with our stay here!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
I_Design_Hotel, Front Office Manager at Internacional Design Hotel, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel.

On behalf of all the team I would like to thank you for the kind words regarding our enthusiasm on providing the best assistance possible during your stay.

Do not hesitate to contact me to personally organize any future visits to Lisbon.

Ana Gomes

Assistant Front Office Manager
adelaide
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

This hotel exceeded our expectations. The position is absolutely perfect for exploring Lisbon on foot and right in the centre of the lovely restaurant and shopping area and close to a wonderful fresh produce market in the square that operates Saturday and Sundays.

The decor is really interesting and thoughtful and the staff absolutely amazing. You can tell they really love their jobs and care about your well being and anxious to please (such a change from some of the Rome and Barcelona hotels where they tend to be a little curt at times). I can honestly say it was the most amazing breakfast, my husband described it as a Picasso painting that he felt was a crime to spoil by removing food, such was the beautiful presentation. They also offer a shuttle service from the airport to hotel for 10 Euros pp in a new Mercedes van. A Nespresso coffee machine and free pods are provided in the rooms together with free internet. This hotel really has a lot going for it, the beautiful glass elevator where you get glimpses of the lovely peaceful sitting areas on each floor , the subtle lighting throughout the hotel together with the Art is really interesting and adds to the atmosphere.
We would not hesitate to stay there again. Highly recommend. We will take away a memory of the wonderful staff in all areas. Roz Backler.

Room Tip: The hotel has theme floors they will help you choose one to suit your mood,
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind words.

I write you on behalf of the entire staff for your appreciation of our work. Our focus is on surpassing every guest’s expectations in all areas.

It makes us proud to know we come second to no other hotel in your voyage around Europe and that all the little details included in our experience played an important role there.

Please let me know if you are coming back to Lisbon. Will personally take care of arrangements for your stay.

Best regards.

Nuno Matos Lopes
Assistant Front Office Manager
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

Really enjoyed staying here, the location is great right on a central square with plenty of restaurants and sites within walking distance - as is the waterfront. The trams run past the hotel also. From the airport you can get the airport bus and it drops you on the square the hotel is on so I wouldnt bother getting a taxi. The welcome from the staff was very warm and they kept that standard up on every interaction with them. We had a welcome drink (restricted choice) but a nice start and the bar which is where breakfast is also served is a lovely airy room nicely laid out that overlooks the square and set the tone for our visit. The room we stayed in was small but with a modern feel and was very clean with a nice bathroom and it overlooked the square. The staff went out of their way to guide us towards restaurant choices and make the bookings, we had read a recomendation but were persuaded to go to a more local choice which was one of the highlights of our visit to Portugal. Breakfast was excellent - lovely food and many choices from a buffet as well as omelettes or pancakes etc you could order to be made fresh for you. Would go back to stay again. Quite a different neighbourhood to The Mercy Hotel where we stayed after spending a few weeks up the coast - that would be my only consideration on choosing this again. This hotel is down in the city centre and not far from the castle etc. The Mercy is in Bairro Alto sitting up across the road from tiny streets of bars & restaurants.

Room Tip: Rooms are quite small but even so are nicely designed to make the most of the space. The location is...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I_Design_Hotel, Front Office Manager at Internacional Design Hotel, responded to this review, 20 October 2013
Dear Guest,

I kindly appreciate the time you took to review our hotel and service.

We are proud to be part of a wide range of quality hotels in Lisbon, from which we stand out for our location and personalized service.

Our staff’s goal is to make your time in Lisbon unique and memorable. This means that from breakfast to sightseeing and dinner recommendations you know you can count on us to help you have a very special holiday in Lisbon.

Please let me know when you return to Lisbon, it will be my pleasure to help you plan your visit.

Corte Madera, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

Great in every way. Service, room, location. Very clean. Bar simple but nice place to relax. Staff extremely helpful. Great restaurant recommendations. Left special PDA battery in room. They found it and sent it to me!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I_Design_Hotel, Front Office Manager at Internacional Design Hotel, responded to this review, 6 October 2013
Dear Guest,

On the behalf of the whole team, I would like to thank you for your kind words.

Whenever you come back to Lisbon, do not hesitate to contact me, maybe next time you can also enjoy a beautiful meal in our soon to be opened restaurant.

Hope to see you soon!